Season 20/21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

40 minutes ago, Debian said:

SPFL ask for the league to commence August 1st.

But, they've asked for the Transfer Window not to be opened.  

... which would result in only 4 teams being able to put 11 on the pitch.

I wish someone had the balls to leak the minutes from the last meeting. Where that exact point was discussed.

I hope we stay out of it now. Seriously.

It's a league run by people who once ran car showrooms.

Just now, beardy said:

Is this actually true or just some pishy  rumour on the Rangers message boards.

I suspect it is the latter. 

It was the paper that SPFL and SFA submitted to the Scottish Goverment this morning.

Happy to email you the whole thing if you like- or you can download, which is probably quicker.

Covers most professional sport in Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

It was the paper that SPFL and SFA submitted to the Scottish Goverment this morning.

Happy to email you the whole thing if you like- or you can download, which is probably quicker.

Covers most professional sport in Scotland.

Fire up a link if you've got one. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don’t understand what there is to be gained by delaying the opening of the transfer window? 

To stop the ugly sisters from raiding other Scottish teams, whose squads will probably be depleted already due to clubs struggling financially 

26 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don’t understand what there is to be gained by delaying the opening of the transfer window? 

Is there actually any  evidence to say this is true. I've had a quick look around and can't find much.  

On 5/29/2020 at 10:07 PM, Debian said:

SPFL ask for the league to commence August 1st.

But, they've asked for the Transfer Window not to be opened.  

Is this a new thing for huns to be outraged at? 

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye. Good one.  Read the news kid.

No seriously, backing what?

This thread is about starting 20/21 and some moaning about a transfer window which appears to be bullshit.

So I ask again, what are Rangers backing this time? 

Edited by beardy

This season will be the same as always. Celtic win it, 10 IAR 🙄. Statements galore. Yaaaaay

The only fixture i am sort of looking forward to is aberdeen at tannadice and rangers at tannadice. Aberdeen at utd is always a great atmosphere and if united beat the huns at tannadice i think i will piss my pants with laughter, thats assuming utd are still top of the list

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This season will be the same as always. Celtic win it, 10 IAR 🙄. Statements galore. Yaaaaay

The only fixture i am sort of looking forward to is aberdeen at tannadice and rangers at tannadice. Aberdeen at utd is always a great atmosphere and if united beat the huns at tannadice i think i will piss my pants with laughter, thats assuming utd are still top of the list

Piss yer pants? What age are you ??

Interesting article in the Record this morning re Sky looking at Virtual Season Tickets for games next season that are being played behind closed doors.  Doesn't really give much detail but an intriguing idea.

On 5/31/2020 at 3:20 PM, vanderark14 said:

Aye it’s horrific when everyone knows whose going to win the league and it’s only June. The Celtic players are hiding in Scotland, should be away testing themselves against top players in the top leagues. 

33 minutes ago, JECK said:

Aye it’s horrific when everyone knows whose going to win the league and it’s only June. The Celtic players are hiding in Scotland, should be away testing themselves against top players in the top leagues. 

Fvcjking hell, whilst no lover of Celtic this is a ridiculous post. So no good players should come to or stay at Celtic  because they should be playing at a higher level. 

Scottish football, only for shit players. Aspire to mediocrity.

9 minutes ago, beardy said:

Fvcjking hell, whilst no lover of Celtic this is a ridiculous post. So no good players should come to or stay at Celtic  because they should be playing at a higher level. 

Scottish football, only for shit players. Aspire to mediocrity.

Well that’s not what I said was it.  The vast majority of the current Celtic squad have proved time and time again they can win the league in Scotland (with considerable ease)They have not had a significant challenge in god knows how long. Guys like Scott Brown, James Forrest and McGregor have proved themselves over and over, they have not truly tested themselves in a top league. Edouard is far too good for the league - like Dembele before him, he has proved himself and he will move on shortly for the good of his career.

8 minutes ago, JECK said:

Well that’s not what I said was it.  The vast majority of the current Celtic squad have proved time and time again they can win the league in Scotland (with considerable ease)They have not had a significant challenge in god knows how long. Guys like Scott Brown, James Forrest and McGregor have proved themselves over and over, they have not truly tested themselves in a top league. Edouard is far too good for the league - like Dembele before him, he has proved himself and he will move on shortly for the good of his career.

If these players you mentioned stay for 9.75 they’ll be regarded as legends for the rest of their lives. I can completely understand why they wouldn’t be looking to leave now. As parochial as it is, getting that record is a big deal to plenty of people.  

42 minutes ago, JECK said:

The Scottish guys might really want to win things in Scotland, it could be what they dreamed of since they were a bairn. I don't think Edouard or Dembele dreamed of winning the Scottish Cup, or even League.

People slagged Shearer* and Le Tiss for not winning things, or playing for a bigger club when they could easily have done so, but they simply wanted to play for their club. Is that really such a bad thing?

*Blackburn title aside

2 hours ago, JECK said:

Whit? What a daft fuckin statement. Maybe they like playing for Celtic, maybe they like the lifestyle in Glasgow, maybe they enjoy winning trophies, maybe they enjoy playing in front of 60,000, maybe they enjoy playing in Europe, maybe some of these players would not get 1st team football if they signed with a club in a more competitive league..  You ever think of that pal???? The grass isn't always greener on the other side...