Neil Lennon - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just read a good article Sun Online and Lennon perfectly sums up the season.  In reference to his bust up with McCoist he was asked what he would whisper in his ear now.  He said to the 'Lay off the Buckie'.  Very good article and I agree with his comments.  Rangers pushed Celtic but they kept responding.  And winning the ugly games.  They kept doing it and Rangers stopped.  Havering now but well done Lennon and all the Celtic bhoys on here.  Apart from Macy!!  Only kidding Macy.  Celtic deserved the title.  There.  My Sunday morning thanksgiving sermon.  Not touching Glenlivet today.  Working along at the wee school next 3 days.  Have a good day everyone.  If anyone has something nice to say about me today please do.  Cant remember but it happen once.  Wullie, where are you?  I will post a fiver!!!!!

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Lennon is a legend...

He has matured and grown in to management.  Intelligent and now uses his words carefully.  And yet you guys were underwhelmed to get him.  I was one on here saying I thought he would do well.  He is Celtic through and through.  Bet a lot of folk are now eating humble pie.  Did you supporthis appointment after Rogers?  Be truthful now big fella!!! 

Hated him as a player, don't particularly like him as a manager but met him a few times in Tennents Bar on Byers Road and he's a decent lad.

Funnily enough, I liked Gerrard as a player but he comes across as a snide prick as a manager.

Lennon also appears to be the better of the two as a manager.

1 hour ago, JECK said:

No exactly hard to look good with Celtic’s budget compared to the rest of the league. He’s just doing the bare minimum required In the league and not doing great in Europe.

If it was that easy then Celtic would have won 9 trebles in a row since the Huns went bust.

Big budgets don't mean success - just look at Hearts.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If it was that easy then Celtic would have won 9 trebles in a row since the Huns went bust.

Big budgets don't mean success - just look at Hearts.

He only mentioned the league which is where Celtic's budget will be at its most powerful. Celtic's budget is the main reason, not the sole reason they won the league but it gives them a huge advantage over everyone else in the league, an advantage nobody is capable of catching without reasonable investment and a complete change in mind set. 

IF anyone outside Rangers threatens Celtic's dominance they can buy their best players if they want, its been done before. 

As for hearts, what has happened there is gross incompetence. They may have a better budget than the like of Killie, St Johnstone etc but Hearts can;t just go out and buy one of Killies players if they threaten their position in the league because they don;t have the budget to do that unless those players become out of contract

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He only mentioned the league which is where Celtic's budget will be at its most powerful. Celtic's budget is the main reason, not the sole reason they won the league but it gives them a huge advantage over everyone else in the league, an advantage nobody is capable of catching without reasonable investment and a complete change in mind set. 

IF anyone outside Rangers threatens Celtic's dominance they can buy their best players if they want, its been done before. 

As for hearts, what has happened there is gross incompetence. They may have a better budget than the like of Killie, St Johnstone etc but Hearts can;t just go out and buy one of Killies players if they threaten their position in the league because they don;t have the budget to do that unless those players become out of contract

Happy Birthday Craig Levein - The Terrace - Jambos Kickback

90% of the managers in Scotland could win the league with Celtic with the squad and budget left behind Rogers. Nobody laid a glove on them all season apart from a once fired up city rival who don’t look like they could do it again and Livi side on a plastic pitch where Celtic probably had all the possession. Barely a challenge. 

11 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

He has matured and grown in to management.  Intelligent and now uses his words carefully.  And yet you guys were underwhelmed to get him.  I was one on here saying I thought he would do well.  He is Celtic through and through.  Bet a lot of folk are now eating humble pie.  Did you supporthis appointment after Rogers?  Be truthful now big fella!!! 

I'll be honest. I did not want Lennon back. He has proved me wrong. Even.the way he handles himself now on and.off the park has been a pleasant surprise. Rodgers can take a flying fuck to himself the rat bastard..

Probably gave hibs fans their most exciting season (top flight) in decades, having a go irreverent of the opposition is what most fans want. Didn’t always work but at least it was never dull, unfortunately the BBC’s review of his 10 years in management recently didn’t think his time at the Hibernians was worth even mentioning

17 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

. Their wage bill is MASSIVE in comparison to Killie.

I'm not exaggerating when I say Naismith & Boyce won't be far away from the same wage as our combined starting 11.  That's a massive advantage and proof that you need more than money.

As dan says above, Lennon was decent at Hibs too. Far  better than the managers that have replaced him.

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I'll be honest. I did not want Lennon back. He has proved me wrong. Even.the way he handles himself now on and.off the park has been a pleasant surprise. Rodgers can take a flying fuck to himself the rat bastard..

Aye.  They get coached (managers) on how to handle the press and he has obviously learned.  What surprised me is his level of intelligence.  When he first took charge at Celtic he didn't come across that way.  But fair play him.  I just hope Gerrard is the same for us and grows in to management.  There are so many really good players that cant handle it.  Willie Miller, John Collins, McCoist.  The list is endless.  But Lennon is now proving himself.  Hope u and family well pal.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

. Their wage bill is MASSIVE in comparison to Killie.

I'm not exaggerating when I say Naismith & Boyce won't be far away from the same wage as our combined starting 11.  That's a massive advantage and proof that you need more than money.

As dan says above, Lennon was decent at Hibs too. Far  better than the managers that have replaced him.

Im not disagreeing with you re hearts. As i already stated, what happened at hearts is incompetance. I never said you only need money,no idea where you get that.

If anything youve proved my point, he finished 4th with hibs, not exactly setting records. Probably about where you would epxect them to finished. 

If money was even in this league and it was down to coaching ability, lennon and celtic wouldnt stroll the league the way they currently do.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye.  They get coached (managers) on how to handle the press and he has obviously learned.  What surprised me is his level of intelligence.  When he first took charge at Celtic he didn't come across that way.  But fair play him.  I just hope Gerrard is the same for us and grows in to management.  There are so many really good players that cant handle it.  Willie Miller, John Collins, McCoist.  The list is endless.  But Lennon is now proving himself.  Hope u and family well pal.

Family and I are doing well mate. Thanks for asking..