Steelmen - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

I sure this is wise going public with your photo, with that Rossy character possibly still on the hunt ? 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Rossy is no longer a problem.

# spoiler alert 
Chapter 5 : The Blast Furnace. 

😂😂😂

On 6/27/2020 at 10:51 AM, Wullie Anderson said:

A couple of chapters into the book slasher and enjoying it so far.

14 hours ago, Jon Cutler said:

Thouroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting lads! 

Much appreciated 👍

20 minutes ago, Wullie Anderson said:

Book finished,very enjoyable and some interesting characters.Well done .👏👏👏

Cheers, glad you enjoyed it 👍

It's sold a few in the US, Canada and Australia and bizarrely one in France I noticed today. Its up to around the 1300 mark now and we will look at getting it into some retailers but I guess it kinda  needs a big bump from somewhere to take it to another level. 

• 1 month later...

So, Slasher. I bought your book as you know and I’ve had it sitting waiting on a work away from home job I am currently on now. I’m in some chap’s holiday house in Michigan so last night I decide I have to have an evening away from the pub. The tele is out of action as it’s packed away so I reach into my bag for your book. I ended up forgetting the bastarding thing. 😄

So, last night ended up a wee wander along the beachfront then home to sit with my thumb up my Erchie determined to forget slipping out to the pub. I’ll make a point of getting right onto your book when I’m back next week and I’ll be sure to review it. I’m fairly certain by reading other reviews that it will be a great read. 😊

48 minutes ago, WCTA said:

So, Slasher. I bought your book as you know and I’ve had it sitting waiting on a work away from home job I am currently on now. I’m in some chap’s holiday house in Michigan so last night I decide I have to have an evening away from the pub. The tele is out of action as it’s packed away so I reach into my bag for your book. I ended up forgetting the bastarding thing. 😄

So, last night ended up a wee wander along the beachfront then home to sit with my thumb up my Erchie determined to forget slipping out to the pub. I’ll make a point of getting right onto your book when I’m back next week and I’ll be sure to review it. I’m fairly certain by reading other reviews that it will be a great read. 😊

😂😂

What an absolute fud

On 8/27/2020 at 4:41 PM, WCTA said:

Aye you'll get there eventually 😂

• 8 months later...

So, ma wee book turned a year old this weekend so I thought I'd give you all an update on where we are. 

Sold about 3500 or so and reviews are very good. I haven't made a lot of money really and didn't expect to. 

Graeme Armstrong who wrote 'the young team' released around the same time as me and for a long time our sales /reviews were comparable. However he achieved the holy grail these days 'the celebrity endorsement' which has eluded me and taken his sales into the stratosphere (fair play to him). 

Anyway my work remains in the hands of a production company and I remain hopeful of where it might go in the future . I have been writing a follow up for some time but keep changing direction so at this point I'm nowhere near. 

Anyway the purpose of this post, a year on, is to thank all of you who supported me and encouraged me through that early period. 

Thank you all ❤️

10 hours ago, slasher said:

So, ma wee book turned a year old this weekend so I thought I'd give you all an update on where we are. 

Sold about 3500 or so and reviews are very good. I haven't made a lot of money really and didn't expect to. 

Graeme Armstrong who wrote 'the young team' released around the same time as me and for a long time our sales /reviews were comparable. However he achieved the holy grail these days 'the celebrity endorsement' which has eluded me and taken his sales into the stratosphere (fair play to him). 

Anyway my work remains in the hands of a production company and I remain hopeful of where it might go in the future . I have been writing a follow up for some time but keep changing direction so at this point I'm nowhere near. 

Anyway the purpose of this post, a year on, is to thank all of you who supported me and encouraged me through that early period. 

Thank you all ❤️

Well done Slasher. You don't need to become an international best seller to be successful, the fact you have achieved what you already have is probably more than what most of us on this board have achieved  in our lives.
Often , luck plays a part in the direction life takes us , and it just takes that celebrity endorsement/football scout/ music critic being in the right place at the right time to change our lives .

Even if you never write another book you should be proud of what you have done , but I wish you well with your follow up if you decide to continue . I enjoyed your book and your reviews suggest I am not alone 😊

13 hours ago, slasher said:

Thank you all ❤️

Good stuff. Congratulations. That’s 3500 more books than I’ll ever sell, unless I publish my memoirs from my time on the TAMB. 

Some chapters could be epic now I think about it 😂😂

17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Good stuff. Congratulations. That’s 3500 more books than I’ll ever sell, unless I publish my memoirs from my time on the TAMB. 

Chapter 1  The Tartan Ramy Board . 

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Well done Slasher. You don't need to become an international best seller to be successful, the fact you have achieved what you already have is probably more than what most of us on this board have achieved  in our lives.
Often , luck plays a part in the direction life takes us , and it just takes that celebrity endorsement/football scout/ music critic being in the right place at the right time to change our lives .

Even if you never write another book you should be proud of what you have done , but I wish you well with your follow up if you decide to continue . I enjoyed your book and your reviews suggest I am not alone 😊

Thank you for the kind words and support. 😃

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

The Tamb certainly has some material, maybe I'll trawl the archive later 🤔

42 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

That would be 300 pages for a start 😂😂

The animation alone would be 300 pages. The Celtic Ramy, The Scottish Ramy, The Great Out Doors Ramy, Ramy the animal lover, The Ramy Shark Attack, Ramy and the other Six Dwarves .

The list would be endless but the board would be poorer  without @Big Ramy 1314

Edited by TDYER63

28 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

The animation alone would be 300 pages. The Celtic Ramy, The Scottish Ramy, The Great Out Doors Ramy, Ramy the animal lover, The Ramy Shark Attack, Ramy and the other Six Dwarves .

The list would be endless but the board would be poorer  without @Big Ramy 1314

🤣🤣🤣🤣. Brilliant. Too funny. I'm on  board.. 🙂🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• 1 year later...

Just a wee update on this. I’ve been approached by a group looking to put this on as a play at the festival fringe (not sure if they will be ready for this years) . I’ve given them the go ahead to convert into stage play format and we’ll see whit happens. 
If nothing else it should be a good laugh, I’ll keep the tambers posted 😂😉

On 5/2/2021 at 1:14 AM, slasher said:

Thank you all ❤️

Make that 3501! 👍

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Just a wee update on this. I’ve been approached by a group looking to put this on as a play at the festival fringe (not sure if they will be ready for this years) . I’ve given them the go ahead to convert into stage play format and we’ll see whit happens. 
If nothing else it should be a good laugh, I’ll keep the tambers posted 😂😉

😂😂 we will be looking for a group discount! 

Well done Slasher I hope it comes off .

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Make that 3501! 👍

👍

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂 we will be looking for a group discount! 

Well done Slasher I hope it comes off .

Tamb day oot in Embra, @McTeekocan organise the paparazzi 

6 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Great news that Slasher, all the best with it, I really enjoyed the book. 

Thank you , much appreciated