Steelmen - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 hours ago, slasher said:

Thank you for the feedback guys, it's greatly appreciated. If you are able plz fire a review on Amazon for me. 

To answer your question Tidy, all the characters are based on folk I worked with and real events. I have obviously changed names and also conflated some of their characteristics so that no one reads it and identifies themselves. They may recognise certain traits or events but think I've altered other factors around them so as not to make certain individuals instantly recognisable.

I've noticed that the 'fuck' count is down in the couple of chapters I've written in the follow up...... I'll need to up my game lol 😂

Anyway thanks again! 

Ps local press I did should be out today 👍

Did u read the young team btw

21 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Decent size article is that, should help boost sales. Good luck. 👍

Did you ever get your website sorted?

Na m8, I've just not had time yet. In some ways I've put the cart before the horse but you learn as you go I suppose 🙅‍♂️

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Na m8, I've just not had time yet. In some ways I've put the cart before the horse but you learn as you go I suppose 🙅‍♂️

Never too late, especially if you're already working on the next one.

This is a pal of mine, well he's someone I worked with for a few years and I liked him. http://iainbroome.com He wrote a novel and is big into social media and self promotion. I think his newsletter would be worth subscribing to.

I'm attaching some images below as I'm just building a website for my daughter - more of an online cv and portfolio - and I'm using wix.com to build it. It's really easy to use and they have loads of templates you just type your info into or upload a picture. I did a quick search for Book Promotion and a few templates came up I thought looked okay.

1415085900_Screenshot01.png.2e86055d91c8145449c0cccf8c39fbda.png

Click on the one you like and it takes you to the template where you just highlight and change the images and information.

729187673_Screenshot02.png.0c943f64fd690ebf0649dd150e63a9fc.png1067342740_Screenshot03.png.6766078d717c858b58d1e1a49be6b1ae.png1686520037_Screenshot04.png.5530a324c16c1cfe5d578d6c66160aeb.png

19 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

Never too late, especially if you're already working on the next one.

This is a pal of mine, well he's someone I worked with for a few years and I liked him. http://iainbroome.com He wrote a novel and is big into social media and self promotion. I think his newsletter would be worth subscribing to.

I'm attaching some images below as I'm just building a website for my daughter - more of an online cv and portfolio - and I'm using wix.com to build it. It's really easy to use and they have loads of templates you just type your info into or upload a picture. I did a quick search for Book Promotion and a few templates came up I thought looked okay.

1415085900_Screenshot01.png.2e86055d91c8145449c0cccf8c39fbda.png

Click on the one you like and it takes you to the template where you just highlight and change the images and information.

729187673_Screenshot02.png.0c943f64fd690ebf0649dd150e63a9fc.png1067342740_Screenshot03.png.6766078d717c858b58d1e1a49be6b1ae.png1686520037_Screenshot04.png.5530a324c16c1cfe5d578d6c66160aeb.png

Oh, this is interesting. I might have a bash at that this weekend with my I.T. consultant and marketing guru..... Mrs Slasher 😃

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 1:47 PM, teecee- said:

Add one more to be read when in Spain next week.

Where you going m8? Im on holiday for 3 weeks soon and wouldn't mind getting away but Mrs Slasher isn't keen on flying yet. 

Edited by slasher

29 minutes ago, slasher said:

Where you going m8? Im on holiday for 3 weeks soon and wouldn't mind getting away but Mrs Slasher isn't keen on flying yet. 

Me and better half heading to  Villamartin which is 30 miles south of Alicante airport. Love it there as it is virtually all expat pubs selling drink at ridiculous prices. Me and TA pals always go in May to enjoy 4 days of Sun and San Miguel to coincide with Scottish cup final.

3 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I sure this is wise going public with your photo, with that Rossy character possibly still on the hunt ? 

Rossy is no longer a problem.

# spoiler alert 
Chapter 5 : The Blast Furnace. 

53 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I sure this is wise going public with your photo, with that Rossy character possibly still on the hunt ? 

44 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Rossy is no longer a problem.

# spoiler alert 
Chapter 5 : The Blast Furnace. 

Haha! Rossy was never a problem to me. It's hilarious how often that spat and his name still crop up on here 🤣

I don't think Rossy really left because of the spat. That was more the straw that broke the camels back. He was at times a very funny read. I especially enjoyed his replies to Alan. 

Edited by thplinth

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I don't think Rossy really left because of the spat. That was more the straw that broke the camels back. He was at times a very funny read. I especially enjoyed his replies to Alan. 

Totally agree, he wasn’t one for holding back. 😂 Which is good. 

13 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I would agree he could be very funny at times but an odious prick just as often. Saying that, I'd settle for debating with him on here right now as the 4 women in my house are currently subjecting me to Mamamia 2 at full volume 🙉