Steelmen - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sales are around the 600 mark so far which is very encouraging. If any of you have any thoughts on the content or any cunning marketing ideas please post on here. 

Apologies if this type of stuff bores the tits off you 🤣

5 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Nice of yer maw to make the effort though.

They're genuine am not that fuckin desperate 🙄

First one is a reply to my missus and screen shot 

Ma maw would be needing a ouiji board 😳

Edited by slasher

Aye well done slasher.  Still finishing off the Border Reivers which is a good read.  Yours is next.  Strange thing is when I ordered it on Amazon Prime it specified the date as the 20th I think.  But I got it a day or 2 days later.  Look forward to reading it though.  I wrote 2 academic books for colleges when worked at Motherwell College.  Got paid for them, I think it was a 2 grand or something.  But paid for an oil heating system at my far.  Many moons ago.  Electric bar for nights out then in to Hamilton!  great days.  Did the Scotland bus not leave from Jack Daniels pub?  

48 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Did you actually work in Ravenscraig Slasher?

I worked with the Marketing Manager there McTeeko.  His name was Max.  Cant remember his second name.  His claim to fame was that he was assistant commercial manager at Albion Rovers.  Passed away now.  When I went to Italia 90 he asked me to get him white wine.  I will spell this wrong I think it was something like lacre ma criste.  It means Tears of Christ.  We went down to San Marino for a day out and they had it there.  I bought six bottles and took them home for him.  Kept one myself.

12 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yeah, I worked in the blast furnace for 6 years. 

Thought so, as going by the review above I don’t think you’d have encapsulated what he said if you hadn’t worked there. I’m really looking forward to the book arriving! 👍🏼

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I worked with the Marketing Manager there McTeeko.  His name was Max.  Cant remember his second name.  His claim to fame was that he was assistant commercial manager at Albion Rovers.  Passed away now.  When I went to Italia 90 he asked me to get him white wine.  I will spell this wrong I think it was something like lacre ma criste.  It means Tears of Christ.  We went down to San Marino for a day out and they had it there.  I bought six bottles and took them home for him.  Kept one myself.

Nobody gives a fuck

2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Thought so, as going by the review above I don’t think you’d have encapsulated what he said if you hadn’t worked there. I’m really looking forward to the book arriving! 👍🏼

Mine comes today apparently.

Fancy an online book club? I can zoom call you and we can sit and read chapters to each other and get drunk. 

38 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Mine comes today apparently.

Fancy an online book club? I can zoom call you and we can sit and read chapters to each other and get drunk. 

Aye that sounds aw right actually! It’ll certainly beat the usual chat! 😆

A friend of mine lives up north and the postage was probably a bit more than for the central belt, but was free  for purchases over £10 . So he bought 3 copies , he reckoned it was better value and support just to buy 3 books than pay the postage .