Tamb names can be misleading - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb names can be misleading

17 hours ago, phart said:

My name is an old nickname from when i was in the cadets as a "kid". I was at RAF bullmer in the early 90's on a camp and the food was making me do horrendous farts, one night some older cadets had snuck in and one of them wrote "Phart" on my leg, meaning for it to be "fart". Others in the dorm had other stuff written on them, I woke up and thought why has someone wrote P Hart on my leg, it wasn't till later someone said it was meant to be fart, but they had spelled it wrong.

I genuinely thought you were Peter or Paul Hart 😂 I never even considered anything else 

Got the nickname "Big Ramy" back in 1996, Partick, Glasgow, The Smiddy Bar.. I was built like a tank back then, nae cnut would even look at me sideways. So the boys just started calling me Big Ramy. Quite the reputation in Partick by the way me.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Got the nickname "Big Ramy" back in 1996, Partick, Glasgow, The Smiddy Bar.. I was built like a tank back then, nae cnut would even look at me sideways. So the boys just started calling me Big Ramy. Quite the reputation in Partick by the way me.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

You sure they weren't being ironic?   :whistling:

My name?   Ask anyone who knows me.   I am a miserable barsteward.   Not as bad though as an ex-colleague we called Billy Doom.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

This is all true. I lived in Partick for 10 years and Ramy’s name was spoken in hushed tones the same way the street kids in The Wire spoke about Omar. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

This is all true. I lived in Partick for 10 years and Ramy’s name was spoken in hushed tones the same way the street kids in The Wire spoke about Omar. 

Went to Ottawa to visit a friend about 10 years ago. Ordered beers in a pub and it fell silent. “Are you...related to...The Scotsman?”, they asked, in reverential tones. Only now do I understand the fear and loathing.

18 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Where is Patick? I stayed with my auntie when I was over. She stayed on Purdon St just down fae the Smiddy. I frequented the Ettrick bar now and again aswell as the Partick Tavern. Never made the Roosvale though. 🤣🤣😉

17 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Went to Ottawa to visit a friend about 10 years ago. Ordered beers in a pub and it fell silent. “Are you...related to...The Scotsman?”, they asked, in reverential tones. Only now do I understand the fear and loathing.

That's bollocks. I'm only known as "The Scotsman' on the football pitch.. In the pubs is just plain "Ramy".. Well known here pal. You come here, I'll take care of yae..😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍🍺

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's bollocks. I'm only known as "The Scotsman' on the football pitch.. In the pubs is just plain "Ramy".. Well known here pal. You come here, I'll take care of yae..😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍🍺

I remember going to watch a Dundee v Rangers game in Ottowa, might have been a cup tie. Tuesday night but lunchtime over there. Huns won 1-0 I think. McCoist? Turned out to be ‘lingerie lunchtime’ with free burgers and chicken wings 😮😎. Table service was superb.

6 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I remember going to watch a Dundee v Rangers game in Ottowa, might have been a cup tie. Tuesday night but lunchtime over there. Huns won 1-0 I think. McCoist? Turned out to be ‘lingerie lunchtime’ with free burgers and chicken wings 😮😎. Table service was superb.

Did you have to dress accordingly for the occasion?

8 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Former Scotland boss congratulates Stevie Spit following award of ...

44 minutes ago, fringo said:

Did you have to dress accordingly for the occasion?

Not really a big fan of a sash. Would have been popular with the clientele. Was the only one supporting Dundee 😂. About 50 Huns 🙄. The ladies were were very tastefully attired in stockings and half-cup bras. And they brought you pitchers of beer and platters of junk food. A very classy experience.

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Where is Patick? I stayed with my auntie when I was over. She stayed on Purdon St just down fae the Smiddy. I frequented the Ettrick bar now and again aswell as the Partick Tavern. Never made the Roosvale though. 🤣🤣😉

I wasn’t that far from the Rosevale, over on Apsley Street. Just near the retail park with Sainsbury’s and Argos etc. 

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Not really a big fan of a sash. Would have been popular with the clientele. Was the only one supporting Dundee 😂. About 50 Huns 🙄. The ladies were were very tastefully attired in stockings and half-cup bras. And they brought you pitchers of beer and platters of junk food. A very classy experience.

I didn't mean sash, I meant more the lingerie. 😄

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Former Scotland boss congratulates Stevie Spit following award of ...

😂😂

My younger sister and her pal were corporate at pittodrie one day and he was hosting. She sent the photo to me and her pals man, we both responded exactly the same way she asked who he was, said he was very friendly 😂