Tamb names can be misleading - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb names can be misleading

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

Sometimes the best ones are the ones that for some reason (for years maybe) you think are a guy but are in fact gals.

Yeah, some of them have confused me over the years. Usually In an argument they get some patronising Person calling them “son” and they counter with, “Actually, I’m not a bloke.” And the truth is out.  

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

PS Have you seen the BIG Ramy thread from 1-2 months back ?

Mini-Me and Dr. Evil…

No, his stuff tends to pass me by. Apologies if this is old ground. Just think it’s great that my preconceived image of Slasher is totally false. He actually goes around in a turtleneck and blazer with patches on the elbows and glasses. Not what I imagined a Slasher to be like at all.

20 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Someone called Slasher is a successful author; our resident intellectual is called Fart (and can’t spell). Any other misleading names? 

My name is an old nickname from when i was in the cadets as a "kid". I was at RAF bullmer in the early 90's on a camp and the food was making me do horrendous farts, one night some older cadets had snuck in and one of them wrote "Phart" on my leg, meaning for it to be "fart". Others in the dorm had other stuff written on them, I woke up and thought why has someone wrote P Hart on my leg, it wasn't till later someone said it was meant to be fart, but they had spelled it wrong.

Can't remember who it was but there was a regular poster a few years ago who for some time had thought I was a Falkirk fan!  Fairbairn comes from a fake name I gave someone once when i was younger that matched my initials (Frank was the fake first name!).

11 hours ago, fringo said:

Sometimes the best ones are the ones that for some reason (for years maybe) you think are a guy but are in fact gals.

No matter how hard I try to convince people I am a young single guy, they are determined to portray me as an old married woman. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Can't remember who it was but there was a regular poster a few years ago who for some time had thought I was a Falkirk fan!  Fairbairn comes from a fake name I gave someone once when i was younger that matched my initials (Frank was the fake first name!).

Until you mentioned you were in travel, I thought you maybe worked in the garage franchise. 

1 minute ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Mine is my two favourite things to shove up my arse.  I'd have gone top 3 but 'Airport Toblerone Thistle Whistle' didn't have the same ring.  

No way could you fit a airport up there 😱

11 hours ago, fringo said:

Not me. My name is an old school days nickname from my bowl haircut.

Fringe-O ?   Apologies, but you have always been Fring-Go to me.   Now I see a frog with a fringe (blonde)...  and a beret on top.

Or were you F'n Ringo?

Edited by Grim Jim

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

No matter how hard I try to convince people I am a young single guy, they are determined to portray me as an old married woman. 

You better not be a guy. I have spent an absolute fortune trying to get u a xmas present. Mods. Please ban me? My heart is broken. Sorrow sorrow.  He/she took it. And broke it. But while I am worth my place on this earth. Not chatting you up again!!!!! 

36 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I missed slasher being an author. What's he written? (Apart from Rossy's obituary).  

:lol:

He wrote a novel about 3 guys working in Ravenscraig.  Pretty sure this is it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Steelmen-James-Lees-ebook/dp/B087V78DYN/ref=sr_1_1?crid=R481LRNAUPDB&dchild=1&keywords=steelmen&qid=1589974069&sprefix=steelemen%2Caps%2C189&sr=8-1

3 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Fringe-O ?   Apologies, but you have always been Fring-Go to me.   Now I see a frog with a fringe (blonde)...  and a beret on top.

Or were you F'n Ringo?

That's what many TA called me (it was on my original TAMB T-Shirt) but it all started with a bad fringe. 😄

Like Frinjo