German football back behind closed doors - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

German football back behind closed doors

I watched 5 minutes of the Dortmund game, fitba without fans is just dreadful, it is nowhere near the same.

Ive said many times on here, Scottish fitba looks poor because of smaller stadiums & smaller attendances, so the visuals arent as good, meaning the whole thing looks quite poor. Same goes for English fitba, big stadiums & attendances, which look good, but in reality the game rarely is.

Give me Motherwell v Hamilton over English shite any day of the week.

Edited by kumnio

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

I watched 5 minutes of the Dortmund game, fitba without fans is just dreadful, it is nowhere near the same.

Ive said many times on here, Scottish fitba looks poor because of smaller stadiums & smaller attendances, so the visuals arent as good, meaning the whole thing looks quite poor. Same goes for English fitba, big stadiums & attendances, which look good, but in reality the game rarely is.

Agreed. I lasted about 5 minutes of the Dortmund game and flicked back over at the end. 

Watching players line up and bow in front of an empty stand is just fucking weird. 

23 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Why is there even a thread on German football?  Andy Chung is on live on Facebook at 8.  Tyder is warming to me now that I have offered her a Tweed Gift set.  German fitba.  No thanks. Away for a bottle of Jura.  Stand on.

I don't think he is. 

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Agreed. I lasted about 5 minutes of the Dortmund game and flicked back over at the end. 

Watching players line up and bow in front of an empty stand is just fucking weird. 

Agree. If this is what finishing the season looks like, count me out. 

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Not to mention the stadium announcer. What was the point of that? As pointless as tits on a fish.

As for the football, it was actually a pretty decent game but with the lack of crowd/atmosphere it was not particularly enjoyable. Weird, strange, bizarre, whatever you want to call it. Certain moves, passes, interceptions or passages of play were met with silence where you expected some kind of reaction and it felt almost deflating.

This is not the future I hope! If it is then football is done.

18 hours ago, kumnio said:

Heard something before that one of the main drivers in it being so big across the world is full stadia. If the locals aren't interested then why would someone thousands of miles away want to watch it sort of thing. Empty grounds mean it'll just be the quality of the games to judge by.

They've always played on the crowd. Remember at Blackburn goal kicks were always shot at weird angle so couldn't see whole top tier behind one goal was empty.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:36 PM, Rolling hIlls said:

Why is there even a thread on German football?  Andy Chung is on live on Facebook at 8.  Tyder is warming to me now that I have offered her a Tweed Gift set.  German fitba.  No thanks. Away for a bottle of Jura.  Stand on.

Andy Chung is shite, and so are your posts.

Best way to watch it imo is to put a wee coupon on, go to BT Sports 3, hit the red button an choose option 6. You get to see all the chances and goals. Put some music on in the background and pour some vodka.

chambourcy nouvelle, everyone's a winner.