Sign in to follow this  
Mee

German football back behind closed doors

Have to admit it's really creepy with the empty stadiums. Actually makes the lock down seem more real and worse.

Let's hope the games are good

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Another lucky goal for Haaland. His 10th in 9 games. 

Couldn't do it on a cold day at Stoke

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Who's the Scottish lad for Schalke?

American I think? Been involved wtih their under 21's, anyway.

I watched 5 minutes of the Dortmund game, fitba without fans is just dreadful, it is nowhere near the same.

Ive said many times on here, Scottish fitba looks poor because of smaller stadiums & smaller attendances, so the visuals arent as good, meaning the whole thing looks quite poor. Same goes for English fitba, big stadiums & attendances, which look good, but in reality the game rarely is.

Give me Motherwell v Hamilton over English shite any day of the week.

Edited by kumnio

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

I watched 5 minutes of the Dortmund game, fitba without fans is just dreadful, it is nowhere near the same.

Ive said many times on here, Scottish fitba looks poor because of smaller stadiums & smaller attendances, so the visuals arent as good, meaning the whole thing looks quite poor. Same goes for English fitba, big stadiums & attendances, which look good, but in reality the game rarely is.

Agreed. I lasted about 5 minutes of the Dortmund game and flicked back over at the end. 

Watching players line up and bow in front of an empty stand is just fucking weird. 

Why is there even a thread on German football?  Andy Chung is on live on Facebook at 8.  Tyder is warming to me now that I have offered her a Tweed Gift set.  German fitba.  No thanks. Away for a bottle of Jura.  Stand on.

You were okay for a day or two, now you have become more boring and tedious than you ever were. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Why is there even a thread on German football?  Andy Chung is on live on Facebook at 8.  Tyder is warming to me now that I have offered her a Tweed Gift set.  German fitba.  No thanks. Away for a bottle of Jura.  Stand on.

I don't think he is. 

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Agreed. I lasted about 5 minutes of the Dortmund game and flicked back over at the end. 

Watching players line up and bow in front of an empty stand is just fucking weird. 

Agree. If this is what finishing the season looks like, count me out. 

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Not to mention the stadium announcer. What was the point of that? As pointless as tits on a fish.

As for the football, it was actually a pretty decent game but with the lack of crowd/atmosphere it was not particularly enjoyable. Weird, strange, bizarre, whatever you want to call it. Certain moves, passes, interceptions or passages of play were met with silence where you expected some kind of reaction and it felt almost deflating.

This is not the future I hope! If it is then football is done.

18 hours ago, kumnio said:

Heard something before that one of the main drivers in it being so big across the world is full stadia. If the locals aren't interested then why would someone thousands of miles away want to watch it sort of thing. Empty grounds mean it'll just be the quality of the games to judge by.

They've always played on the crowd. Remember at Blackburn goal kicks were always shot at weird angle so couldn't see whole top tier behind one goal was empty.

I quite enjoyed Koln v Mainz aided and abetted by some audible passion from the sidelines. Union v Bayern not so much 🙅‍♂️

As I said on another thread, if empty stadiums are a requirement for the next year or so then I can't see how many clubs can survive that. 

No issue with the empty stadiums. I'm tuning in to watch the game, not a bunch of mad German cunts chanting. Sure it's a bonus, and it'll be welcome when it's back, but football is football.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:36 PM, Rolling hIlls said:

Andy Chung is shite, and so are your posts.

• Haha 2

Best way to watch it imo is to put a wee coupon on, go to BT Sports 3, hit the red button an choose option 6. You get to see all the chances and goals. Put some music on in the background and pour some vodka.

chambourcy nouvelle, everyone's a winner. 

• Upvote 1

Watched it today. No thanks. I miss the football terribly, but it is just strange with an empty stadium..