Still In - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Still In

Shaundy

Not Since the World Cup in 98 we are still in an international football tournament so close to schedule ko. 
agreed things are a bit unique, but Scotland football team are still two games away from a home tournament ! 
two games against two out of three nations with comparable population. To host against our near renowned neighbour. They obvs host too. Every game they play they will host until the final . 
imagine London hosting Scotland against ... anyone. 
if you think that’s random , in 92 when Denmark got the wildcard I had a bet with one of my German housemates. This resumed tournee would then top that. 

1 hour ago, Shaundy said:

Not Since the World Cup in 98 we are still in an international football tournament so close to schedule ko. 
agreed things are a bit unique, but Scotland football team are still two games away from a home tournament ! 
two games against two out of three nations with comparable population. To host against our near renowned neighbour. They obvs host too. Every game they play they will host until the final . 
imagine London hosting Scotland against ... anyone. 
if you think that’s random , in 92 when Denmark got the wildcard I had a bet with one of my German housemates. This resumed tournee would then top that. 

going off at a tangent ; think that Greece winning the Euros (early 2000s ?) was more unlikely that Denmark

the stuff about them being recalled from the beach is not true in what ive read recently ; they were aware some time before / on standby

way better pedigree ; compared with Greeks  -altho suspect the Danes had tougher games to get there