Archive help needed ! - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Archive help needed !

As a lockdown project I have been compiling a historical archive on my Grandfathers brother, who between 1913 & 1929 played with Bradford City, Motherwell, Cowdenbeath, Morton and the Scottish League Select, he also made some guest appearances for Third Lanark and some other clubs.

Here's my dilemma, I have the majority of the information regards appearances, goals etc but the info is all over the place and in different formats for each of the teams inc newspaper cuttings.

What I am trying to find and that's where I need help, is some sort of resource that's available, where I can get the stats for each of the teams where its all in the same format, in other words a searchable database of Scottish Football by years/season for players or clubs.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists ?

I know the Programme Monthly guy (Lister ?) used to sell a CD many years ago with similar info on it, but wondered if this had been transferred onto the web yet !!

Thanks guys. 

4 hours ago, Big Well said:

As a lockdown project I have been compiling a historical archive on my Grandfathers brother, who between 1913 & 1929 played with Bradford City, Motherwell, Cowdenbeath, Morton and the Scottish League Select, he also made some guest appearances for Third Lanark and some other clubs.

Here's my dilemma, I have the majority of the information regards appearances, goals etc but the info is all over the place and in different formats for each of the teams inc newspaper cuttings.

What I am trying to find and that's where I need help, is some sort of resource that's available, where I can get the stats for each of the teams where its all in the same format, in other words a searchable database of Scottish Football by years/season for players or clubs.

I know the Programme Monthly guy (Lister ?) used to sell a CD many years ago with similar info on it, but wondered if this had been transferred onto the web yet !!

Thanks guys. 

If you don't mind paying, you could try here:

https://www.enfa.co.uk/

The first of those clubs may have been removed though to avoid embarassment.

Sorry: edited as I remembered that's mainly English. I don't know if they have a Scottish equivalent.

Edited by Huddersfield

17 hours ago, Big Well said:

Thanks guys. 

This site gives stuff that might be what you're looking for, e.g. Cowdenbeath - https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/cowdenbeath-fc/10/.  Clicking on the player's name gives you more info which I suppose you could then copy/paste.

There were a couple of other archive sites out there but they seem to have fallen by the wayside.

On 5/11/2020 at 3:49 PM, Big Well said:

Thanks guys. 

You could probably contact most of the clubs directly as some have their own official or amateur club historians ?

Not sure about Third Lanark though - there might be one ? Contact SFA ?

18 hours ago, Big Well said:

Thanks Davie, I just tried that site but it only goes back to the 60’s & in some cases the 50’s, but no earlier.

the search continues !!

You sure? Just with a quick look there's 3 Cowden players born in the 1800's right there - 

image.png.7bbc60c0d78f4759917e530865a5cbd6.png