Car question - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Need some advice.
My father died in 2018 and his car has sat in his driveway since then. We recently sold it to someone for a nominal fee, just to get rid of it. My wife took the forms and forgot to get the portion of the V5C that we need to send to DVLA. She had the guy's number, but before she could contact him he broke into the hut in my dad's house and was arrested (my brother filmed it).

The guy has since started stripping the car, and we don't think think he has any intention of moving the car from tge driveway or sending the V5C to DVLA.

What are our options? We have sent an email to DVLA (contact with the public is limited but they're taking emails from keyworkers). We can't push it out onto road as it's still legally registered to us, and we can't scrap it, as the documents are signed handing it over to him. We seem to be in a bit of a limbo situation.

Any help much appreciated.

My dad's. But there's quite a bit of stuff online saying that it's not easy to get rid of a car if it's parked on your land. If I knew it was in his name officially I'd just bump it on to the road.

For all the DVLA know these forms could have been done right and just lost in the post. This sort of thing must happen all the time. 

If you can prove money changed hands and he broke into the shed and has been stripping the car I would say get this jakey prick to fuck. Let him do his worst...