Old Scottish football pics.. - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Old Scottish football pics..

Big Ramy 1314

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I think I read somewhere Hampden could hold nearly 140, 000 at one time. That true? That's unreal...

The 137,000 or whatever was the official count.   Wee laddies didn't pay; they got lifted over the turnstiles, so possibly a few thousand more.   Could probably see feck all once they were inside mind you.

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

The 137,000 or whatever was the official count.   Wee laddies didn't pay; they got lifted over the turnstiles, so possibly a few thousand more.   Could probably see feck all once they were inside mind you.

I don't remember seeing much when I was young. Just remember coming home filthy.

I don't remember seeing much in my elder years either sometimes...but that's a different story. :lol: :beer2:

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I think I read somewhere Hampden could hold nearly 140, 000 at one time. That true? That's unreal...

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

The capacity back in the 1940s was estimated to be over 180,000.

22 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I don't remember seeing much when I was young. Just remember coming home filthy.

I don't remember seeing much in my elder years either sometimes...but that's a different story. :lol: :beer2:

Just 95,786 for me:  North enclosure and coudn't see past all the bunnets.

My dad complained about sore feet.   His normal sized feet were longer than the steps were wide and some may remember that the steps had wooden battens at the front, higher than the gravel-filled steps themselves.   So his toes were curled up.   No room to move or spread out of course...

...think about that.   You were less than a size 10 from the folk in front and the folk behind.

10 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Just 95,786 for me:  North enclosure and coudn't see past all the bunnets.

My dad complained about sore feet.   His normal sized feet were longer than the steps were wide and some may remember that the steps had wooden battens at the front, higher than the gravel-filled steps themselves.   So his toes were curled up.   No room to move or spread out of course...

...think about that.   You were less than a size 10 from the folk in front and the folk behind.

They didn't have far to go to the toilet though.

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2020 at 2:31 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Awe mate, I was brilliant on the ball, and as I said before, probably one of the most lethal shots of a ball in Ottawa history. I'm no jokin mate. I just had a nasty streak about me. Couldnae control it at times.. Born in Govan, so that might explain it. Nae cnut was safe when I was on the pitch.. I loved it... 

What a doughball. 😆