Old Scottish football pics.. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Old Scottish football pics..

Big Ramy 1314

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Pick it out Neuer!

I was a big, big, fan of Ikechi Anja. Exciting. Dynamic. Creative. Pace.

Image preview

A wee guy who clearly loved playing for Scotland and was on top of the world when he scored.

His obvious deep pride and enthusiasm in wearing our jersey was brilliant to see.

Ryan Fraser take note. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A wee guy who clearly loved playing for Scotland and was on top of the world when he scored.

His obvious deep pride and enthusiasm in wearing our jersey was brilliant to see.

Ryan Fraser take note. 

Indeed...

... and just look at that face and what it meant to him. Good lad. Always gave his all.

There were Scotland fans who didn't rate him. For the life of me, I cannot understand why not. I loved watching him play.

I just watched the goal again and cast my mind back to that night in Dortmund and what else springs to mind? The Referendum.

It was just around the corner and Flower of Scotland that night was on an entirely different level. The intensity was something else. I bawled my eyes out throughout.

19 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Indeed...

... and just look at that face and what it meant to him. Good lad. Always gave his all.

There were Scotland fans who didn't rate him. For the life of me, I cannot understand why not. I loved watching him play.

I just watched the goal again and cast my mind back to that night in Dortmund and what else springs to mind? The Referendum.

It was just around the corner and Flower of Scotland that night was on an entirely different level. The intensity was something else. I bawled my eyes out throughout.

Agree about Anya playing, always thought he brought something to the team and he played a few positions, gave us much needed pace at times too.

20 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Best rendition of FoS I can ever remember.

Was a pleasure to be in the away end that night. Was the day Yes polled at 51% IIRC.

21 hours ago, Toepoke said:

The only man to play for Scotland in four different tournament finals pictured above...

Jukebox? 

Johnny Collins looking like a Rolls Royce compared to the other 3. 

I see a kit launch was treated with minimum fuss back in the day.

17 hours ago, JECK said:

Jukebox?

Correct. Durie took to the field at Italia 90, Euros 92 & 96, then France 98.

Good bit of trivia as he's certainly not the first name that comes to mind when you hear the question!

Edited by Toepoke

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

These guys were Scotland Forever.  Yon wee prick who chose Ireland was a disgusting little git.  Born in Scotland but chose Ireland because of his bigoted heart.  This will be another days ban probably.  Just when I am mid chat up line to Tyder.

Proved to be no much of a loss.

3 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

More difficult to find than I thought, maybe you can help. Ally Mcleod 1978 , head in hands pic, yep , video? Strachan 2017, bottle throw FFS, vid?

https://www.google.com/search?q=ally+macleod+head+in+hands&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjFv4b77LbpAhVvUhUIHcnPAxkQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1366&bih=657