Tommy Wright's awayy - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tommy Wright's awayy

1 hour ago, shaggycoo said:

According to the beeb he is taking a break. 

They're all taking a break...

Not saying Tommy is doing this, or even criticising him if he is, but that is an oft used excuse/reason that is given before then taking on a new job in the not too distant future.

Time will tell in this case, but regardless I think it should be a case of good luck to him and I'm sure most Saints fans won't begrudge him moving on if that's what happens. He's done a pretty decent job at McDiarmid overall.

From the BBC article

While Wright stood firm at St Johnstone, there was a revolving door at other Premiership clubs. In his time in Perth, Hamilton Academical have had three managers; Celtic (counting Neil Lennon in two different spells), Motherwell and Ross County have had four; Hearts five; Hibs and Livingston six; Kilmarnock and Rangers (including the interim months of Kenny McDowall, Stuart McCall and Graeme Murty) have had seven; and St Mirren have had eight.

Fair to say he’s presided over the most successful period in the club's history. Good luck to him and thanks.

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

At least Ormand (what name is he using these days?. I've lost track) will be happy. He was wanting rid of him back in November

Did he?  I wound him up a while back about Wright being hopeless and St Johnstone should get shot of him (can't believe he fell for that coming from a Motherwell fan) I'm sure he thought Wright was the best Saints manager ever. 

15 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Did he?  I wound him up a while back about Wright being hopeless and St Johnstone should get shot of him (can't believe he fell for that coming from a Motherwell fan) I'm sure he thought Wright was the best Saints manager ever. 

Surely you know Ormand is a two faced cunt though?

15 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

It was when they were looking like relegation candidates after about 10 games or so.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Missed you, you’ve no passed on with Covid then? 

This shite was part of the reason I got bored of here. Not solely you. Others slavering about Paul Dickov dain jobbies come to mind.

But being continually reminded that Hun was a bad sweary word which would offend wee soft petals and their mod pals. But you would throw around death wishes on various people. You have done that with others before and you continue to do it and still it goes unchecked. Priorities and inconsistency are pathetic on this board.

Ormond must not say Hun, must not say Hun, must not say Hun. 🙄

8 hours ago, WCTA said:

This shite was part of the reason I got bored of here. Not solely you. Others slavering about Paul Dickov dain jobbies come to mind.

But being continually reminded that Hun was a bad sweary word which would offend wee soft petals and their mod pals. But you would throw around death wishes on various people. You have done that with others before and you continue to do it and still it goes unchecked. Priorities and inconsistency are pathetic on this board.

Ormond must not say Hun, must not say Hun, must not say Hun. 🙄

Just for the record, and I’m sure you don’t give a flying fuck but I’ve never had an issue with you or anyone using the word hun. It’s when you started throwing about filthy hun cunts or hun scum regularly that I thought it was a bit much on a Scotland fans forum (not that I ever reported it, I don’t care that much). That said, welcome back! 

Edited by Fairbairn

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Just for the record, and I’m sure you don’t give a flying fuck but I’ve never had an issue with you or anyone using the word hun. It’s when you started throwing about filthy hun cunts or hun scum regularly that I thought it was a bit much on a Scotland fans forum (not that I ever reported it, I don’t care that much). That said, welcome back! 

When Huns were acting like filthy cunts or scum which to be fair is more often than anyone else then that’s when I’d call them that. How many times did I need to say on here that one of my crowd of Scotland guys is a Hun. He is a big Hun too. It doesn’t mean he is scum and you of all people have never ever come across as anything but the opposite of scum.

42 minutes ago, WCTA said:

When Huns were acting like filthy cunts or scum which to be fair is more often than anyone else then that’s when I’d call them that. How many times did I need to say on here that one of my crowd of Scotland guys is a Hun. He is a big Hun too. It doesn’t mean he is scum and you of all people have never ever come across as anything but the opposite of scum.

I'm putting that on my signature! :ok:

Massive decision this next appointment for Saints. Not sure every saints fan realised how far above their weight Wright continually had them punching. The wrong appointment could seem them really struggle next season. 

Edited by Jim Beem

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Massive decision this next appointment for Saints. Not sure every saints fan realised how far above their weight Wright continually had them punching. The wrong appointment could seem them really struggle next season. 

Saints fans absolutely did and always will know where our punching weight is. The problems at the start of this season didn’t start last Summer. The whole half of last season was dire. But Tommy did turn it around and is now remembered as our best ever manager with Ormond. 
The underlying issues that poked away at Wright seemed to come from Kirsten Robertson(ex Killie) behind the scenes. It’s no secret that Tommy had his run ins with her from the off. It was a matter of time before he had had enough in her meddling. 

Edited by WCTA