Isolation grooming.. who had enough?? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Isolation grooming.. who had enough??

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Mrs Slasher made a rip roaring cunt of mine a couple of weeks ago (no I won't post the photo) . Now it needs done again I'm reluctant to let her have another go but the alternative is doing my own. How the feck do you cut the the back of your own hair without clippers? 🙄

You want to give yourself a self-cut at the back with scissors? Good luck with that.

12 hours ago, aaid said:

As someone who is folically challenged I've been using clippers for years now.

Best ones are those that have a rotating head which means you can hold them in the palm of your hand and use it as you would a hair brush.   I've a set from Philips, an older version of these.  Also doubles up as a beard trimmer as well .  Doesn't take me more than a couple of minutes to do my heid.

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/QC5570_13/headgroom-do-it-yourself-hair-clipper

Those are the ones I ordered weeks ago now. They have not arrived as no doubt the world is now panic buying them.

I had an ordinary style but decent quality Phillips hair clipper which I have used in the meantime. It is a piece of piss, stick on the attachment of your choice. Fine tune the distance to your taste with the wee wheel and just shave against the grain in all directions. I then use a beard trimmer for tidying up rampant neck hair etc. I really wish I tried it about 20 years ago. The amount of money I have wasted on hairdressers...

Shaved my beard off a few weeks ago as I looked like a tramp, it came back within 3 days, it’s a reasonable length now, just not in my usual style though. 

Hair is a mess, think when I get furloughed next week it’ll all come off, only issue is my coos lick and double crown will be back again 🙈

I had longish hair for most of my twenties and have had fairly sensible barnets for my thirties. That feeling of nostalgia has won over, I've not had it cut in about three months and will just keep it going until a barbers will take me.

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Jeezo Ramy you gave me a fright there, no-one over 30 should take a selfie that close. Have you not got a stick ?  

To be honest, I had to crop it in order to fit 550kbs or whatever the fuck it is. So I dropped out my double chin.. 🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

To be honest, I had to crop it in order to fit 550kbs or whatever the fuck it is. So I dropped out my double chin.. 🤣🤣🤣

😂 That should have dropped the weight by 550 lbs as well as fitting 550 kbs of space. 

54 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You want to give yourself a self-cut at the back with scissors? Good luck with that.

Those are the ones I ordered weeks ago now. They have not arrived as no doubt the world is now panic buying them.

I had an ordinary style but decent quality Phillips hair clipper which I have used in the meantime. It is a piece of piss, stick on the attachment of your choice. Fine tune the distance to your taste with the wee wheel and just shave against the grain in all directions. I then use a beard trimmer for tidying up rampant neck hair etc. I really wish I tried it about 20 years ago. The amount of money I have wasted on hairdressers...

I'm going to let Mrs Slasher have another go. Pray for me 🙏 or if you're not into that wish me luck 🤞

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You dying your hair?

(Man I am bored.)

Boredom is the worst thing for me. I am so bored I am actually bored of listening to myself  talk about being bored. Thanks for providing some variation. 

Shaved my own heid last night. Came out surprisingly well! (got the Mrs to trim the wee dodgy bits above the ears). Usually get it cut every three weeks, No1 all over. It was starting to resemble an auld tennis ball and for the first time in about 7 years last week I had to use wax to keep it down. Think the wife was wanting me to make an arse of it so she could point and laugh but amazingly it looked decent 😃

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'm going to let Mrs Slasher have another go. Pray for me 🙏 or if you're not into that wish me luck 🤞

How you doing my friend hope your well I know you like a wee glass of red there’s a nice wee full bodied red in Waitrose it’s an   Australian Shiraz 14.8% 

1 minute ago, wheres the pies said:

How you doing my friend hope your well I know you like a wee glass of red there’s a nice wee full bodied red in Waitrose it’s an   Australian Shiraz 14.8% 

Honestly not been drinking slasher would help if I told you the name of the wine it’s called Atkins farm Shiraz normally £10 but on offer at £7.49 

Do folk still take the p*ss out their workmates' haircuts or is that considered bullying now?

Been a long time since I worked for anyone other than me, but I remember when I worked in industry some of the guys would arrange to get haircuts at the same time so the stick got spread around on the Monday morning.  :lol: 

If you got a particularly bad one you'd still be copping flak when it was time for your next one.

42 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

I'm doing OK bud all things considered, thanks for asking, hope you and yours are all well. 

Ooft that's potent, however a quick look at Google maps tells me my nearest Waitrose is 13 miles away in Byres Road. Any west enders able to deliver a care package to the shire? 😂 (PS cod 😉

When I started on this thread Ramy, I was thinking that you hadn't posted a pic in a while :)

Myself, I'm wondering that if this keeps up if I'll finally get that mullet I always fancied.   Might have a bit missing somewhere round the back mind you.   Top-knots; wtf are they about anyway?

10 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm doing OK bud all things considered, thanks for asking, hope you and yours are all well. 

Ooft that's potent, however a quick look at Google maps tells me my nearest Waitrose is 13 miles away in Byres Road. Any west enders able to deliver a care package to the shire? 😂 (PS cod 😉

That’s a shame slasher if I was up in Glasgow I would drop a bottle off providing you stay 2 meters apart 😉