Isolation grooming.. who had enough?? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Isolation grooming.. who had enough??

Well that's me. I know this is serious, and has to be done, but that's me. I normally get my hair cut every 2 weeks or so. Well it's been 6 fuckin weeks now. So I did the unthinkable. I went out and bought a shaver, then reluctantly handed it to Mrs.Ramy. she fuckin gave me a baldy. No joke, she got a number 1.5 and went right round my entire heid... What a state it's in. 🤣🤣. Fuck it. One day now, and it's actually lookin no bad.  Now, anyone else having similar issues wae personal grooming as the shops are shut? Haircuts, eyebrows, pedicure, manicure,grey hair comin back, dye jobs, home made Brazilian waxes.. Let's have it lads and lassies..🙂👍

We were “lucky” we’d gone to a different barber just before the lockdown and got absolutely scalped.

Might need a wee tidy round the ears soon, and thinking the sooner the better, might have mastered it if I’m on my 3rd haircut by the time I go back out.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

We were “lucky” we’d gone to a different barber just before the lockdown and got absolutely scalped.

Might need a wee tidy round the ears soon, and thinking the sooner the better, might have mastered it if I’m on my 3rd haircut by the time I go back out.

To be honest, I'll let my wife do my hair from now on. I'm 52, my George Micheal days are gone. The baldy suits me now..🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

To be honest, I'll let my wife do my hair from now on. I'm 52, my George Micheal days are gone. The baldy suits me now..🤣🤣

So no more trying to pick up polis men in public toilets?

Bought a set of clippers 2 weeks ago. My hair was usually cut short (.5 back and sides, cut in at top) great head of hair the barber keeps telling me. So, I said to the Mrs just go for a 1 all over and we will see what it's like. After 5 mins I don't see much hair coming off? Look in the mirror, no change. Fuck it, time for a zero all over, went for it. Tried to convince myself it looked ok. Grown in already, not even 2 weeks. Now named it a corona cut.

As someone who is folically challenged I've been using clippers for years now.

Best ones are those that have a rotating head which means you can hold them in the palm of your hand and use it as you would a hair brush.   I've a set from Philips, an older version of these.  Also doubles up as a beard trimmer as well .  Doesn't take me more than a couple of minutes to do my heid.

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/QC5570_13/headgroom-do-it-yourself-hair-clipper

20 minutes ago, aaid said:

As someone who is folically challenged I've been using clippers for years now.

Best ones are those that have a rotating head which means you can hold them in the palm of your hand and use it as you would a hair brush.   I've a set from Philips, an older version of these.  Also doubles up as a beard trimmer as well .  Doesn't take me more than a couple of minutes to do my heid.

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/QC5570_13/headgroom-do-it-yourself-hair-clipper

I'm with you here, although I just use a razor, everytime I shave my face I shave my heid as well. 

I look like an Afghani refugee currently but it's not getting shaved off, I know that if I do that it's gone forever so in clinging on. 

I've even had to resort to taki g the clippers ever so slightly around the ears and the sideys but I've just started wearing hats more. 

Coward. 

Been buzzing my heid for just over 3 years now and the only time I feel bald is when I let it grow for anything longer than a week and it starts to look untidy. Any other baldies feel like that? 

Can't really do much drastic isolation cuts though. Went from 2mm to 1mm to no guard on my clippers so suppose the next step is with a razor. 

I shaved my beard off for the first time in about a decade the second day in to lockdown and was reminded of how much I don't like my face.  Also highlighted how a beard is good for hiding a multitude of chins.  I've not shaved since and I'm starting to look like a bit of a hobo.  Might leave it till lockdown is over with.  Likewise I'd not had a haircut for about 2 months.  Have conisdered just taking a pair of clippers to it but I'm at that stage now where if the while lot comes off (what there is of it!) it's unlikely to come back so slowly plucking up the courage to make the leap!

Mrs Slasher made a rip roaring cunt of mine a couple of weeks ago (no I won't post the photo) . Now it needs done again I'm reluctant to let her have another go but the alternative is doing my own. How the feck do you cut the the back of your own hair without clippers? 🙄

55 minutes ago, slasher said:

Mrs Slasher made a rip roaring cunt of mine a couple of weeks ago (no I won't post the photo) . Now it needs done again I'm reluctant to let her have another go but the alternative is doing my own. How the feck do you cut the the back of your own hair without clippers? 🙄

Use a mirror, and dinnae slip..🤣

The good thing about being a woman that didnt pamper herself before lockdown is that I simply look as shit as ever. No better no worse.  

My moustache looks a bit more disturbing and a hair clasp that I rarely used before lockdown has become a staple part of my grooming , but other than that not much has changed.

Although I did shave my legs up to my knees last week when it was warm. 

Dunno what to do. I've got a massive cyst on the back of my napper that was supposed to come off last week, but the surgery was cancelled for obvious reasons.

At least if I just let the hair grow it'll cover it. Shave it off and you'd see that fkin thing from the space shuttle.

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

If I could just shave about a stone and a half off my post lockdown belly then that would be magic 😄

I also have gained some weight over the last 6/7 weeks. Always hungry and having a drink most nights. Not having any big sessions. Just self-medicating on a much more regular basis. The belly must go though. Gained half a stone.