last minute.com refund for oslo to belgrade flight. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

last minute.com refund for oslo to belgrade flight.

thesaint

Just recieved an email from last minute .com regarding refund for flights.Three options given as follows:travel credit(full refund plus £12 odd extra,to be used within 12 months).credit voucher(value of flight,to be used within 12 months).Airline refund to credit card(value of flight minus £25 administration fees within three months..).Suppose i might be as well take the first option,as hopefully will need to book again within the year.

On 4/13/2020 at 5:42 PM, thesaint said:

Just recieved an email from last minute .com regarding refund for flights.Three options given as follows:travel credit(full refund plus £12 odd extra,to be used within 12 months).credit voucher(value of flight,to be used within 12 months).Airline refund to credit card(value of flight minus £25 administration fees within three months..).Suppose i might be as well take the first option,as hopefully will need to book again within the year.

Similar options have been offered by other airlines, I've opted for the same on the hope that we might get the chance to head away. There is a chance we might still no be able to travel, who knows. 

You're right Bzzz. I've done similar and and banked my flights with an option to reschedule within 12 months.

I could lose the fare of course but the more I think about it the whole thing was a gamble anyway.

We booked cheap flights in anticipation of fare increases if we got through - but if we had lost to Israel it would have been cash down the drain anyway.

So like I said it was a gamble in the first place which may or may not have paid off.

I have saved £150 on my cancelled hotel room not to mention spending money so at the moment even if I lose the air fare I am actually better off!

May still have to rebook that hotel of course........................

Edited by Catchart Circle
spelling error

On 4/17/2020 at 9:33 AM, Bzzzz said:

Similar options have been offered by other airlines, I've opted for the same on the hope that we might get the chance to head away. There is a chance we might still no be able to travel, who knows. 

Welcome back ! Not spotted you on here for a while ?

I haven't received any emails from Last Minute, Norwegian or LOT lately, but to be honest I didn't take my situation up with any of them in advance of my scheduled flights, so I'm probably a wee bit down the pile of bookings they are working through.

Have to say, the airlines could have made this a lot easier for THEMSELVES, couldn't they?

I know they don't want to give the money back, but would it not have been easier FOR THEM and the passengers if they had just set up an automated voucher system on the front page of their website's?

Click 'Claim Voucher' and receive a voucher code in your email a few seconds later. Job done.

Instead, they are trawling through f*ck knows how many individual claims.

Thinking positively, my mind is already wandering with regard to what I could do with all the unused holiday, which is piling up. Maybe a couple of weeks stoating around Eastern Europe in the January snow.

I understand why airlines want to offer vouchers (which will be worthless after they go into administration and then reinvent themselves as “new” airlines) but surely they are legally obliged to refund us in full now. Whilst it may be hard on them at the moment, I cannot see any justification for them keeping our money for flights that they were unable to fulfil, albeit for reasons beyond their control. 

Anybody know of a reason why that can’t be the case?

On 4/22/2020 at 12:51 PM, Willie Miller's tache said:

I understand why airlines want to offer vouchers (which will be worthless after they go into administration and then reinvent themselves as “new” airlines) but surely they are legally obliged to refund us in full now. Whilst it may be hard on them at the moment, I cannot see any justification for them keeping our money for flights that they were unable to fulfil, albeit for reasons beyond their control. 

Anybody know of a reason why that can’t be the case?

When you buy a flight you aren't paying for your upcoming flight your really paying for previous flights the airline has run and the ongoing running costs of the airline.

Not sure how any airlines will survive this without massive government bailouts 

On 4/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

When you buy a flight you aren't paying for your upcoming flight your really paying for previous flights the airline has run and the ongoing running costs of the airline.

Not sure how any airlines will survive this without massive government bailouts 

No. I entered into a contract with an airline to get me from A to B on a specific date and they were unable to fulfil their side of the bargain, albeit due to circumstances outside their control. How the airline uses their income from passengers is a matter for them and nothing to do with the contract. I’m fairly sure I’m due a refund but I’m not a contract lawyer and my question was whether anybody knew anything differently. 

Some airlines might go bust which makes the offer of a voucher even less attractive. I think the government will provide bail outs though - its not in their interests to allow all the airlines to go bust.

Airlines and tour operators are breaking the law by not giving refunds. By law they should give refunds within 7 and 14 days. They are not doing it, but nobody is going to prosecute them. They are trying to get the government to change the law so that they can hold onto your money and just give out vouchers. If you or I got caught stealing a couple of hundred pounds we would be prosecuted straight away. These fukers are effectively stealing billions and fuk all is done about it.

8 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

No. I entered into a contract with an airline to get me from A to B on a specific date and they were unable to fulfil their side of the bargain, albeit due to circumstances outside their control. How the airline uses their income from passengers is a matter for them and nothing to do with the contract. I’m fairly sure I’m due a refund but I’m not a contract lawyer and my question was whether anybody knew anything differently. 

Some airlines might go bust which makes the offer of a voucher even less attractive. I think the government will provide bail outs though - its not in their interests to allow all the airlines to go bust.

You are right, I was trying to point out why they couldn't do what they should do

Has anyone claimed their credit/voucher yet?

Can anyone confirm... When is the 12 months valid FROM?

12 months FROM the date you claim the credit/voucher?

12 months FROM the date you were supposed to fly?

12 months FROM the date you booked the original flight?

12 months FROM the date flights re-start?

Getting Lastminute.com to answer the question is like trying to get blood out of a stone.

Finally they grasped what I was asking them.

The 12 months starts from when you claim the voucher.

I don't see the point in claiming it right now though; we're going to lose God knows how many months whilst we wait for flights to re-start and for countries to re-open their borders.

So I asked Lastminute.com if there was a deadline.

They say there is currently no deadline to claim the credit/voucher.