Scotch pie roll with brown sauce - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotch pie roll with brown sauce

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I love a roll and square sausage with baked beans.

Need to make sure you don't use too many beans or it's a messy thing to eat.

Called it Lorne in Stewarton. Yes to the beans. Brown sauce and even cheese depending on the...er...circumstances. Then another one. And then crisps. All before dessert, obvs.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

On 5/2/2020 at 6:53 PM, wee_pammy_87 said:

No its normally okay - Actually I would butter the roll? Is that weirder lol?

I might have to stock up on my next trip to the shops. Surely sampling this cuisine counts as essential

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, McDange said:

Just had my first one. Bells Scotch pie on a white morning roll. Dab of butter and brown sauce. Pleasant but won't be in a hurry to repeat. So important to try new things. Now craving a Bovril... 

IMG_3060.jpg

Bells??????

Horrendous.  

Murray's pies in Perth are clearly the best in the country but you really wouldn't want to be putting one on a roll. 

Edited by Farcity

• 1 year later...

Not keen on the Brown sauce, but we used to have these for lunch when dodging school dinners back in the day. Forgotten how good they were - well, that's tomorrow's dinner decided then :)

Kandy Bar also has a branch in Kilwinning (or did last time I was there) - great wee bakers.

• 1 year later...
On 5/1/2020 at 6:26 PM, killiefaetheferry said:

Called it Lorne in Stewarton. Yes to the beans. Brown sauce and even cheese depending on the...er...circumstances. Then another one. And then crisps. All before dessert, obvs.

Err, I was in Willie Allan’s at the start of the month to pick up a slab to smuggle into England and it was 100% called Slice.

Also got a big black pudding which was excellent as well.

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Err, I was in Willie Allan’s at the start of the month to pick up a slab to smuggle into England and it was 100% called Slice.

It's a square sausage.

How much did you pay for the black pudding?

13 hours ago, aaid said:

Happy to go with slice. My dad made it and called it Lorne so I'm sticking with that. The black pudding is my dad's recipe. Enjoy. 
Was once at the Fenwick Hotel for a wedding. Asked the guy at the breakfast buffet if it was Allan's the butcher that supplied them. He couldn't believe I knew from looking at the black pudding 😂 It has slightly more blood in the recipe than most, so it stays soft when cooked 👍