The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ

The Resurrection

28 Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men. But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for He has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where He lay. Then go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead, and behold, He is going before you to Galilee; there you will see Him. See, I have told you.” So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell His disciples. And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped him.10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see Me.”

30920-he-is-risen.1200w.tn.jpg

1 Corinthians 15:54-57

54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” 55 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Alone in my sorrow and dead in my sin

Lost without hope with no place to begin

Your love Made a way to let mercy come in

When death was arrested and my life began

Ash was redeemed only beauty remains

My orphan heart was given a name

My mourning grew quiet my feet rose to dance

Oh your grace so free Washes over me

You have made me new

Now life begins with you It's your endless love

Pouring down on us

You have made us new

Now life begins with you

Released from my chains I'm a prisoner no more

My shame was a ransom he faithfully bore

He cancelled my debt and he called me his friend

Our savior displayed on a criminal's cross

Darkness rejoiced as though heaven had lost

But then Jesus arose with our freedom in hand

That's when death was arrested and my life began

That's when death was arrested and my life began

Oh your grace so free

Washes over me

You have made me new

Now life begins with you It's your endless love

Pouring down on us

You have made us new

Now life begins with you

We're free free

Forever we're free

Come join the song

Of all the redeemed

Yes we're free free

Forever amen

That's when death was arrested and my life began :)

Good day to you Scotty. Must say I will be underwhelmed if the god botherers intend to pass off that man that cannot be trusted but has remarkably recovered as the second coming. I do like the image of the badass angel sitting outside the tomb scaring the pants off the guards. 
Very best regards to you and yours. I will not pretend to give a flying fek about people who have will fully caused the death of many thousands due to their politics and indifference. They can expire painfully and slowly.

30 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Good day to you Scotty. Must say I will be underwhelmed if the god botherers intend to pass off that man that cannot be trusted but has remarkably recovered as the second coming.

No, the world will know Jesus when He returns.

32 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Very best regards to you and yours. 

And you!

32 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

I will not pretend to give a flying fek about people who have will fully caused the death of many thousands due to their politics and indifference. They can expire painfully and slowly.

I'm not saying it's easy...

"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,"

Cheers. Regards the false prophet. Thought a lot of folk will be suckered ? The Israeli health minister was hoping it would be last week’s Passover. They’re gagging for the demise of us pigs . As your very Nazerean referred to non Jews for most his mortal being . Always thought it a bit rich that the Jewish prophet was ok with deeming the majority of us , the non Jew , as swine. Sounds a bit of a fascist who reigned himself in . Like Johnson.

3 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Cheers. Regards the false prophet. Thought a lot of folk will be suckered ? The Israeli health minister was hoping it would be last week’s Passover. They’re gagging for the demise of us pigs . As your very Nazerean referred to non Jews for most his mortal being . Always thought it a bit rich that the Jewish prophet was ok with deeming the majority of us , the non Jew , as swine. Sounds a bit of a fascist who reigned himself in . Like Johnson.

Thanks.

As we wait for the resurrection tonight near midnight we can reflect on our new found care for human life. 
Covid 19 has taken in the order of 115,000 people this year . A bit less than the 136,000 deaths from seasonal flu. Neither near the 300,000 suicides this year or together the 700,000 alcohol fatalities. Not to mention, most importantly not to mention  the 3,156,000+ dead from hunger this 2020. All just amongst the 16,000,000 no longer with us . 

Scotty, not meaning to offend. You do tend to take the time to read comments and respond. 
so. This flat earth thing you have ! I can feel my place on this globe. I feel it turning. Especially when viewing our moon and sun . I would be happy to talk about the wonder that brings.

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The Resurrection

28 Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men. But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for He has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where He lay. Then go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead, and behold, He is going before you to Galilee; there you will see Him. See, I have told you.” So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell His disciples. And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped him.10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see Me.”

30920-he-is-risen.1200w.tn.jpg

Go on tell us more jesus stuff.