Bellshill Athletic Arson damage - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bellshill Athletic Arson damage

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bellshill-athletic-arson-damage?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

Ladies and Gents, even during lock down, there are still scumbags kicking about who would rather do bad than good. My local junior team have had a really rough time recently, but this could sink them completely

Any help would be very much appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Thanks to everyone who donated...some of the money has been used to transport these units up from Bridlington Town FC and are being delivered to Bellshill the morra

Screenshot_20200528-182609_Facebook.jpg

Excellent 👍

12 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Thanks to everyone who donated...some of the money has been used to transport these units up from Bridlington Town FC and are being delivered to Bellshill the morra

Screenshot_20200528-182609_Facebook.jpg

Good stuff, well played mate.

Might take in game when the clubhouse is up and see what my tenner went towards!

On 5/29/2020 at 6:47 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Good stuff, well played mate.

Might take in game when the clubhouse is up and see what my tenner went towards!

Let me know if you come up. We'll go for a few jars and you can crash at mine as well 😎

5 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'd say so aye...if they dont have these in place and good to go for any new season starting they wont be able to fulfill fixtures

Not sure that's true.  Don't get me wrong, I've sympathy with what's happened but that's a Dominic Cummings excuse.  Only construction work being carried out in Scotland right now should be essential infrastructure or work directly impacting on COVID.  

34 minutes ago, aaid said:

Not sure that's true.  Don't get me wrong, I've sympathy with what's happened but that's a Dominic Cummings excuse.  Only construction work being carried out in Scotland right now should be essential infrastructure or work directly impacting on COVID.  

So.……. You can go to Tesco, B and Q, KFC.  But you cant have folk responsible on a site that needs fixed?  Giving some folk much needed income and helping the club?  Disagree AAid.  I have been volunteering in the wee school along from me  over past 6 weeks.  Everyone taking precautions.  I don't see why some other sectors cant do the same.  Feel for Bellshill.  Armadale Thistle were getting the same for a while with wee tubes.  Not quite arson, but vandalism.  Peebles Rovers are getting a bit as well as they have a wee stand.  Young ones congregating with the Buckie etc.  One question though.  Where are the police?  They know fine where these kids are going.

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

So.……. You can go to Tesco, B and Q, KFC.  But you cant have folk responsible on a site that needs fixed?  Giving some folk much needed income and helping the club?  Disagree AAid.  I have been volunteering in the wee school along from me  over past 6 weeks.  Everyone taking precautions.  I don't see why some other sectors cant do the same.  Feel for Bellshill.  Armadale Thistle were getting the same for a while with wee tubes.  Not quite arson, but vandalism.  Peebles Rovers are getting a bit as well as they have a wee stand.  Young ones congregating with the Buckie etc.  One question though.  Where are the police?  They know fine where these kids are going.

You disagree that non-essential construction should be happening, fair enough but that's not the law as it currently stands.  

I live in England where construction hasn't been stopped but sites are supposed to be practicing safe working.  Judging by the construction workers I see in the local supermarket, they don't seem to understand social distancing there so I doubt they're any better when they're hidden from public view on a site. 

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

You disagree that non-essential construction should be happening, fair enough but that's not the law as it currently stands.  

I live in England where construction hasn't been stopped but sites are supposed to be practicing safe working.  Judging by the construction workers I see in the local supermarket, they don't seem to understand social distancing there so I doubt they're any better when they're hidden from public view on a site. 

Aye, its a difficult call.  When I go along to that wee school the teachers are fine but the weans.  Well they are weans.  It is a tough one though.  You could argue that the workers need the money as it is essential despite the furlough scheme.  I have mates in the construction industry that haven't received any money yet.  So would jump at the chance for some cash.

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Not sure what's true?

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:14 AM, aaid said:

I've mates on various sites in Scotland and they are back working.

Park Hotel in Killie was getting a refurb and work has restarted on that too by looks of it.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've mates on various sites in Scotland and they are back working.

Park Hotel in Killie was getting a refurb and work has restarted on that too by looks of it.

Just because they are working doesn't mean they should be though.