What time you wake up? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What time you wake up?

I must be bored, but an interesting topic of discussion. What time do you wake up in the morning? I am up at 5am, every morning, 7 days a week. I leave for work at 7am. I even am up at 5am on the weekends. I have tried to sleep in when I am off work and on weekends, but nope, ma fuckin eyes open at 5am. I guess my body is used to this. It drives me batty on weekends though as my wife likes a wee bit longer lie in, she is a light sleeper, and I cant do fuck all in the house as it wakes her up. 🤣. So that's me and my wee puppy Wallace, out the door every morning now at 515am.. Anyone else have this problem of waking up at the same time every single day of your life..🙂

6.30 during the week and usually about 7am at the latest at the weekend. My kids get up no bother at weekends (yet have to be pulled out of bed during the week) so no chance of a long lie although never really been one for sleeping late anyway.

5am for Aberdeen or Ross County away as our bus always leaves at 6, which is ironically when I find it the easiest to get up.

As I’m getting older I find myself awake around the 5am mark as well. When I was a student a year or so ago I was actually going to bed with the kids about 8pm to get up at 4am to work and it’s stuck a bit. Quite like my early mornings. I normally leave the house about 7 to get in to work at 7.45. I do my planning and marking (teacher) in the mornings as it’s the only time my house is quiet as I have a 7 and 9 year old.

Although I've been retired about a year now, I can't get my body clock out of the routine of 30+ years. I was always a bit of an early riser anyway, but bringing up kids, school runs & work have meant I was rarely still in bed by 7. Nowadays, I'm usually up & dressed by 7/7.30 every day in spite of my best efforts.

Wtf , are you all famers ? 5.30am? 

I crawl out bed during the week at either 6.30 or 7.30 depending on my starting time at work. At the weekends between 9.30 -10 am. 
I sleep very lightly and sleep later at weekends to catch up as I am knackered. Sleep deprivation is pretty debilitating , if I could change one thing in my life that would be it. 

On 4/12/2020 at 4:53 PM, TDYER63 said:

Wtf , are you all famers ? 5.30am? 

I crawl out bed during the week at either 6.30 or 7.30 depending on my starting time at work. At the weekends between 9.30 -10 am. 
I sleep very lightly and sleep later at weekends to catch up as I am knackered. Sleep deprivation is pretty debilitating , if I could change one thing in my life that would be it. 

Sounds like you need a better mattress......🙈

On 4/10/2020 at 7:36 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

4am when Celtic play rangers as it's a 7am kickoff over here. Strongbow in the shower at 4am did not go down well with Mrs.Ramy.. She no understand..😉

When I lived in whistler we used to get up and open the cans to watch Scotland games at 5am and shit like that was great fun, set you up for a full day on it.

Mon-Fri I'm up between 5am-6am depending what customers and deliveries I have that day
Saturday is the only day me and the Mrs get a lie in together usually up for 9/9.30 latest, unless she wakes early and goes downstairs then I'll maybe sleep til 10.
Sunday depends if she is working or not, same rules as Saturday mostly.

Enjoy a wee lie in but have no problem getting up early if I need to, bounce out of bed as soon as the alarm goes.

11 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Sounds like you need a better mattress......🙈

🤦‍♀️ not content with paying a kings ransom for a memory foam mattress I paid a queens ransom for a mattress topper. And a memory foam pillow. And a special mattress protector for the  memory foam mattress And a subscription to Headspace. 

I am now so poor I cant sleep as I cant afford food for the table. 

7 hours ago, Kirk said:

When I lived in whistler we used to get up and open the cans to watch Scotland games at 5am and shit like that was great fun, set you up for a full day on it.

Mon-Fri I'm up between 5am-6am depending what customers and deliveries I have that day
Saturday is the only day me and the Mrs get a lie in together usually up for 9/9.30 latest, unless she wakes early and goes downstairs then I'll maybe sleep til 10.
Sunday depends if she is working or not, same rules as Saturday mostly.

Enjoy a wee lie in but have no problem getting up early if I need to, bounce out of bed as soon as the alarm goes.

Agree pal, but absolutely steamin by 11am.. Not acceptable here in Canada..🤣🤣🤣