Tifo Football - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

ย 

Cheers for that.I was telling slasher the other week that as i was walking round to my mums i passed the cemetery i was thinking about what he was going through and remebered that he was a Celtic fan so i popped into have a look at John's grave.Weird how things come to your mind in strange circumstances.

Being from the village we were brought up on the story of Johnny,and his sister-in-law was a teacher at Cardenden Primary school.So in the last year at primary she came into our class and invited us down 2 per night to her and John's brother Jim's house.

A friend and myself went down together one night after school and they had John's medals,caps,photo albums and also his Scotland goalie top.We got the personal insight into the family and what they went through at the time.Amazing sitting there as an eleven year old kid and listening to it all.They didn't have to do this but it was well appreciated even as a kid.

I remember putting on the thick goalie top with the huge neck and it touched the floor.

Great memory to have and sad at the same time.

His grave got covered in paint about 4 or 5 years ago and the first people wanting to find who done it were the local Rangers guys.I'm not sure if the culprits were ever caught but the grave got cleaned up and looks good again.

10 hours ago, Wullie Anderson said:

Cheers for that.I was telling slasher the other week that as i was walking round to my mums i passed the cemetery i was thinking about what he was going through and remebered that he was a Celtic fan so i popped into have a look at John's grave.Weird how things come to your mind in strange circumstances.

Being from the village we were brought up on the story of Johnny,and his sister-in-law was a teacher at Cardenden Primary school.So in the last year at primary she came into our class and invited us down 2 per night to her and John's brother Jim's house.

A friend and myself went down together one night after school and they had John's medals,caps,photo albums and also his Scotland goalie top.We got the personal insight into the family and what they went through at the time.Amazing sitting there as an eleven year old kid and listening to it all.They didn't have to do this but it was well appreciated even as a kid.

I remember putting on the thick goalie top with the huge neck and it touched the floor.

Great memory to have and sad at the same time.

His grave got covered in paint about 4 or 5 years ago and the first people wanting to find who done it were the local Rangers guys.I'm not sure if the culprits were ever caught but the grave got cleaned up and looks good again.

Great story. Thank you for sharing..๐Ÿ‘

On 4/10/2020 at 7:58 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Great story. Thank you for sharing..๐Ÿ‘

No probs Ramy.Pity we didn't have camphones back then . ๐Ÿ˜Š

If anyone is ever through here gimme a shout.A few other places that might be of interest to anyone who takes an interest in this story.

5 hours ago, Wullie Anderson said:

No probs Ramy.Pity we didn't have camphones back then . ๐Ÿ˜Š

If anyone is ever through here gimme a shout.A few other places that might be of interest to anyone who takes an interest in this story.

Brilliant pal. I visited John Thomsons grave back in 1996. I left a Celtic scarve. I would gladly read more if you posted. Cheers pal..๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ