Best non Scottish player@keeper who have played in Scotland.. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best non Scottish player@keeper who have played in Scotland..

I'm classing Goram as Scottish so I'll say Klos was the best foreign keeper and probably by some distance.  Best foreign outfield player harder to call.  Proabably from Laudrup, Larsson, Gascoigne, Moravcik or Morelos.

9 hours ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Player - Brian Laudrup. 

Keeper - Theo Snelders.

Snelders was a great keeper, but isn’t there a story that he froze and couldn’t handle a match for the Dutch (against the Germans I think) and had to be replaced a few minutes before the game.

25 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Player - Di Canio. Unbelievable talent, shame he was a rocket.

Keeper - Woods

I thought about Woods but Klos was better all round I think.  Snelders was fantastic at Aberdeen but his decision to come and sit on the bench at Rangers was a strange one.

58 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I thought about Woods but Klos was better all round I think.  Snelders was fantastic at Aberdeen but his decision to come and sit on the bench at Rangers was a strange one.

Snelders was only bought by Rangers as back up for Chris Woods. He had 8 great years at Aberdeen but by the time he went to Rangers he was pretty much finished. Michsel Watt had started to take over as first choice at Aberdeen.

Just now, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Snelders was only bought by Rangers as back up for Chris Woods. He had 8 great years at Aberdeen but by the time he went to Rangers he was pretty much finished. Michsel Watt had started to take over as first choice at Aberdeen.

Goram.  Woods was long gone by the time we signed Snelders in 96.  He was only 33 when we signed him and could easily have a few years as a number one at a decent level.

12 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Seeing as we have loads of time to keep ourselves amused. Who is the best Non Scottish player, and Non Scottish keeper to play in Scotland. 

Player-- Henrik Larsson

Keeper- Andy Goram

Clearly you were in Canada for all of Goram's 43 Scottish caps.

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Clearly you were in Canada for all of Goram's 43 Scottish caps.

No, I'm well aware. I hated him against Celtic. How many horseshoes he had up his arse against us. Great keeper though.. Those were painful years for us so yes, I remember far too well..

7 hours ago, macy37 said:

He was a drunken old cunt when he played here. Subbed at half time at Shielfield and picked up in the Angel inn afterwards being one example.

He maybe was, depends on what way the question was intended. If it's based on how they performed whilst here then surely it has to be Larsson.