Name your favourite biscuit - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Name your favourite biscuit


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, bonzo said:

On the jaffa cake thing, around Christmas time Mrs b bought a packet of pineapple jaffa cakes they were bowfin. 

Wrong on so many levels, you can’t just put the word Jaffa in front of other words and it becomes a thing. Anyhoo there’s a reason they are always on sale

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bonzo said:

In what world?😂

On the jaffa cake thing, around Christmas time Mrs b bought a packet of pineapple jaffa cakes they were bowfin. 

Were they actually made by McVities?

 

I've seen raspberry Jaffa Cakes, but they weren't McVities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...
23 hours ago, dan cake said:

I would thoroughly recommend Mr Kiplings chocolate tarts for anybody wanting to sample the joys of chilled confectionery. 

Does he still make exceedingly good cakes ?

I noticed a shout for borders gingers - I usually grab those when back home - they remind me of a similar m&s version from childhood 70s…

am also partial to a chocolate viennese

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Does he still make exceedingly good cakes ?

I noticed a shout for borders gingers - I usually grab those when back home - they remind me of a similar m&s version from childhood 70s…

am also partial to a chocolate viennese

 

Borders biscuits are very good. Chocolate gingers and the lemon drizzle ones I think I mentioned earlier are particularly nice, but the shortcake ones with the raisins are good too. 
 

14 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

 

they remind me of a similar m&s version from childhood 70s…

 

 

Wtf , did you get M&S biscuits in the 70’s ? You must be posh. We got Presto’s own brand. Dont think I tasted a kit kat till I was about 25.

14 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

 

am also partial to a chocolate viennese

 

Good shout. But have to be careful not to let them go soggy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Borders biscuits are very good. Chocolate gingers and the lemon drizzle ones I think I mentioned earlier are particularly nice, but the shortcake ones with the raisins are good too. 
 

Wtf , did you get M&S biscuits in the 70’s ? You must be posh. We got Presto’s own brand. Dont think I tasted a kit kat till I was about 25.

Good shout. But have to be careful not to let them go soggy. 

I ll need to look out for those lemon drizzle ones when home next

think markies trips were special occasions tbh ; i just remember a dark green sided box with cellophane cover; which then reminded me of those sickly yellow or pink icing sugar biscuits with sports images on the back ( biscuit ) side

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I ll need to look out for those lemon drizzle ones when home next

think markies trips were special occasions tbh ; i just remember a dark green sided box with cellophane cover; which then reminded me of those sickly yellow or pink icing sugar biscuits with sports images on the back ( biscuit ) side

Buy 2 ! 


C548419C-17F3-4128-82E7-7EBCBD90F97F.thumb.png.512b78e0e71484eb2e634047a88091f5.png
 

The only biscuits i can think of with pink or yellow icing is Party Rings . They must fall into the ‘worst ever ‘ biscuit category, at least for anyone over the age of 10 😁

 

64CC6EAC-D306-48E6-BE5B-78E87B1B8FED.thumb.png.ed602238f543e8a8f1155706a257590b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Buy 2 ! 


C548419C-17F3-4128-82E7-7EBCBD90F97F.thumb.png.512b78e0e71484eb2e634047a88091f5.png
 

The only biscuits i can think of with pink or yellow icing is Party Rings . They must fall into the ‘worst ever ‘ biscuit category, at least for anyone over the age of 10 😁

 

64CC6EAC-D306-48E6-BE5B-78E87B1B8FED.thumb.png.ed602238f543e8a8f1155706a257590b.png

These biscuits were rectangular, pretty sure the yellow ones had three pink stripes ; then inverse for the pink ones - there were rowers or other sports on the biscuit back

or am imagining it ….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...