Name your favourite biscuit - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Name your favourite biscuit

3 hours ago, bonzo said:

On the jaffa cake thing, around Christmas time Mrs b bought a packet of pineapple jaffa cakes they were bowfin. 

Wrong on so many levels, you can’t just put the word Jaffa in front of other words and it becomes a thing. Anyhoo there’s a reason they are always on sale

7 hours ago, bonzo said:

In what world?😂

On the jaffa cake thing, around Christmas time Mrs b bought a packet of pineapple jaffa cakes they were bowfin. 

Were they actually made by McVities?

I've seen raspberry Jaffa Cakes, but they weren't McVities.

• 2 years later...
23 hours ago, dan cake said:

I would thoroughly recommend Mr Kiplings chocolate tarts for anybody wanting to sample the joys of chilled confectionery. 

Does he still make exceedingly good cakes ?

I noticed a shout for borders gingers - I usually grab those when back home - they remind me of a similar m&s version from childhood 70s…

am also partial to a chocolate viennese

14 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Does he still make exceedingly good cakes ?

I noticed a shout for borders gingers - I usually grab those when back home - they remind me of a similar m&s version from childhood 70s…

Borders biscuits are very good. Chocolate gingers and the lemon drizzle ones I think I mentioned earlier are particularly nice, but the shortcake ones with the raisins are good too. 

they remind me of a similar m&s version from childhood 70s…

Wtf , did you get M&S biscuits in the 70’s ? You must be posh. We got Presto’s own brand. Dont think I tasted a kit kat till I was about 25.

Good shout. But have to be careful not to let them go soggy. 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Borders biscuits are very good. Chocolate gingers and the lemon drizzle ones I think I mentioned earlier are particularly nice, but the shortcake ones with the raisins are good too. 

Wtf , did you get M&S biscuits in the 70’s ? You must be posh. We got Presto’s own brand. Dont think I tasted a kit kat till I was about 25.

Good shout. But have to be careful not to let them go soggy. 

I ll need to look out for those lemon drizzle ones when home next

think markies trips were special occasions tbh ; i just remember a dark green sided box with cellophane cover; which then reminded me of those sickly yellow or pink icing sugar biscuits with sports images on the back ( biscuit ) side

52 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I ll need to look out for those lemon drizzle ones when home next

think markies trips were special occasions tbh ; i just remember a dark green sided box with cellophane cover; which then reminded me of those sickly yellow or pink icing sugar biscuits with sports images on the back ( biscuit ) side

Buy 2 ! 

C548419C-17F3-4128-82E7-7EBCBD90F97F.thumb.png.512b78e0e71484eb2e634047a88091f5.png

The only biscuits i can think of with pink or yellow icing is Party Rings . They must fall into the ‘worst ever ‘ biscuit category, at least for anyone over the age of 10 😁

64CC6EAC-D306-48E6-BE5B-78E87B1B8FED.thumb.png.ed602238f543e8a8f1155706a257590b.png

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Buy 2 ! 

C548419C-17F3-4128-82E7-7EBCBD90F97F.thumb.png.512b78e0e71484eb2e634047a88091f5.png

The only biscuits i can think of with pink or yellow icing is Party Rings . They must fall into the ‘worst ever ‘ biscuit category, at least for anyone over the age of 10 😁

64CC6EAC-D306-48E6-BE5B-78E87B1B8FED.thumb.png.ed602238f543e8a8f1155706a257590b.png

These biscuits were rectangular, pretty sure the yellow ones had three pink stripes ; then inverse for the pink ones - there were rowers or other sports on the biscuit back

or am imagining it ….