Name your favourite biscuit - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Name your favourite biscuit

Yeah, yeah, I get it, it's a pro Scottish independence forum, the correct answer is

!. Tunnocks Caramel log.

2.Tunnocks Caramel Wafer.

3. Tunnocks Tea Cake.

Not even sure you get logs anymore, and basically all three are interchangeable. FFS, Fox's, Penguin, Jaffa... etc... GTF

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I really like jaffa cakes too. It would actually have been easier to name the biscuits i dont like.
I have never had them from the fridge though. How does that affect the sponge? Does it make it go that brittle way? That would be a big no no . 

Jaffa Cakes from the fridge gives the chocolate a little 'snap'.

Don't leave in the fridge for long. Just 5-10 minutes.

7 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yeah, yeah, I get it, it's a pro Scottish independence forum, the correct answer is

!. Tunnocks Caramel log.

2.Tunnocks Caramel Wafer.

3. Tunnocks Tea Cake.

Not even sure you get logs anymore, and basically all three are interchangeable. FFS, Fox's, Penguin, Jaffa... etc... GTF

Tunnock is anti-Independence, is he not?

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Jaffa Cakes from the fridge gives the chocolate a little 'snap'.

Don't leave in the fridge for long. Just 5-10 minutes.

Thanks I will give that a go. Quite like the sound of the chocolate being a bit snappier. 

3 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Classic, Time Out (are they still on the go?) and Viscount.

A Timeout is a chocolate bar, is it not? Needs to be a clear distinction. As is a Twix (even a single finger one).

best biscuit - Rocky

best chocolate bar - Ripple

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Yep, massively against it. 

Thank f*ck for that.

I only say that because I've boycotted their products since the referendum (along with a few others) and I would have felt a bit of a fool if I'd been boycotting them for no reason......... I do miss the tea cakes, mind.

On the TAMB, there used to be a definitive list of companies who were anti-independence.

7 minutes ago, Denny’s Yard said:

For chocolate bars Time Out, Ripple and the one where you get two sticks of chocolate in a blue packet, can’t remember what it is called.

For biscuits, Hob Nobs.

Twirl .

7 minutes ago, Denny’s Yard said:

For chocolate bars Time Out, Ripple and the one where you get two sticks of chocolate in a blue packet, can’t remember what it is called.

For biscuits, Hob Nobs.

I'm gonna guess that would be Blue Riband

22 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

It's Gary Harkins for me.

aka Garibaldi.

Garibaldi would be on my very short list of biscuits I dislike . Along with bourbon creams, cookies and anything by Tunnocks. Absolutely nothing to do with independence I just don't like any of their biscuits. At a push I could maybe manage a caramel wafer if there was absolutely nothing left in the biscuit tin after all the brokies had been eaten . 

Today I tried Borders Lemon Drizzle Melts for the first time. They are lovely. 

Theres quite a good range of biscuits on here, some of them I have never heard of. Will need to check them out. 

18 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

There was also a banjo / trophy

trophy banjo

United = Biscuit

I remember trophies, they must have been 40 odd years ago. Were they wafer type things covered in chocolate?

What about the M&S classics of the 70s

they had pink / yellow / brown icing sugar on one side and sports motifs ; rowing etc ...

was also a markies version of Bandit named Bandido.....

Also breakaways were good

i had cherry jaffa cakes from a shop here last month - recall slovenia etc origin ; not great tho

Edited by Auchinyell Sox Change