Well, well, well... - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Well, well, well...

5 minutes ago, beardy said:

He's clearly pointing out a country with widespread use of masks has a lower death rate.  Which was the point derekfaejapan was making.

You have assumed that he can't read a  graph but you can.

Have I mentioned, I'm a fucking engineer.

3 minutes ago, beardy said:

He's clearly pointing out a country with widespread use of masks has a lower death rate.  Which was the point derekfaejapan was making.

You are soooooo slow.

Everybody and their dog was putting the boots to Derek.

Eisegerwind is the last person to be coming to anyone's rescue.

He'll happily join in and kick someone if they are down, except he tried to but screwed up.

Explain 'Japan Mentalist' then. Does that sound like a term of endearment? 

18 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

You are soooooo slow.

What a sanctimonious pr!ck

Everybody and their dog was putting the boots to Derek.

Not one person on this thread refuted his actual points about a country that has traditionally worn face coverings for winter illnesses having less infection. 

People were putting the boot into Derek and his.'told you so' attitude. However his assertion on masks remains unchallenged. 

Eisegerwind is the last person to be coming to anyone's rescue.

Irrelevant,  he posted two clearly obvious graphs from worldometers and I don't think for one minute he does not know how to interpret them. 

He'll happily join in and kick someone if they are down, except he tried to but screwed up.

Explain 'Japan Mentalist' then. Does that sound like a term of endearment? 

It's irrelevant whether he likes a person or not. All he did was submit to very obvious graphs.

Eisegerwind obviously gets under your skin and you are concocting some scenario where you have got the better of him. Again he posted two obvious well known graphs without comment.

However I am.done with this fvcking nonsense.

1 minute ago, beardy said:

Not one person on this thread refuted his actual points about a country that has traditionally worn face coverings for winter illnesses having less infection. 

People were putting the boot into Derek and his.'told you so' attitude. However his assertion on masks remains unchallenged. 

Irrelevant,  he posted two clearly obvious graphs from worldometers and I don't think for one minute he does not know how to interpret them. 

It's irrelevant whether he likes a person or not. All he did was submit to very obvious graphs.

Eisegerwind obviously gets under your skin and you are concocting some scenario where you have got the better of him. Again he posted two obvious well known graphs without comment.

Cheers, got big doubts about your sig though.

12 minutes ago, beardy said:

Anyway, regardless, that's me done the 'dream team' multiple times.

Edited by Eisegerwind

9 minutes ago, beardy said:

Well, it's not like you got it in one (or two, or... )

11 minutes ago, beardy said:

People were putting the boot into Derek and his.'told you so' attitude.

Correct, and 'Eisegerwind' wanted to tell Derek that he had it wrong.

14 minutes ago, beardy said:

Eisegerwind obviously gets under your skin and you are concocting some scenario where you have got the better of him.

No one gets under my skin.

I didn't have to concoct anything. It fell in my lap.

26 minutes ago, beardy said:

If he took his time, he probably could have interpreted them accurately.

36 minutes ago, beardy said:

It's irrelevant whether he likes a person or not. 

No, that's a biggie.

37 minutes ago, beardy said:

All he did was submit to very obvious graphs.

He submitted them thinking they showed different information.

38 minutes ago, beardy said:

Again he posted two obvious well known graphs without comment.

I asked him for a comment, but by then he realised that it was 'checkmate'.

Just on the use of masks in Japan.

I guess it's impossible to quantify the effect, not least because there are so many other factors that come into play. I've just been out in my neighbourhood of northern Osaka. Maybe 60% of people masked; a bit above normal. As I think I mentioned days ago in the Coronavirus thread, the Japanese tend to maintain social distance as a cultural given: bowing rather than physical contact (it's public transport where they get crammed together, and a lot of people are avoiding that now - more cars on the roads); small families; a generally better approach to personal hygiene. They may also be using different criteria to numerate the data that they release, which is used by the worldometer site - I don't know. At present there's no national shutdown, shops are calm and well-stocked, spring is in the air.

Common sense would suggest masks might make some beneficial difference if frequently changed, but plenty here aren't wearing them in public. I was obliged to wear masks in Hong Kong during SARS, and it's not pleasant - the must of 10.000 breaths builds up and I'm in no hurry to return to that.

A disappointing 'told-you-so' thread, as beardy points out.