Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, fringo said:

Would it be inappropriate just now for me to tell my only Bill Withers joke ?

😂 Why change the habit of a lifetime Fringo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 Why change the habit of a lifetime Fringo. 

ok then.........

 

How do you turn a duck into a soul singer ?

 

Put it in a microwave until it's bill withers....

 

 

Taxi................

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fringo said:

Would it be inappropriate just now for me to tell my only Bill Withers joke ?

I was going to say "too soon" but it's probably more like 20 years too late. ;)

The auld ones are the best ones, as Flure used to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I was going to say "too soon" but it's probably more like 20 years too late. ;)

The auld ones are the best ones, as Flure used to say.

Where is Flure ?

Could do with some of his gags on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fringo said:

Where is Flure ?

Could do with some of his gags on here.

Think he's been self isolating for about 3 years. Must have seen it coming? I think he pops into the TAMB now and again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, fringo said:

ok then.........

 

How do you turn a duck into a soul singer ?

 

Put it in a microwave until it's bill withers....

 

 

Taxi................

Can I also add my apologies for the incorrect use of an apostrophe.

Very sloppy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fringo said:

Can I also add my apologies for the incorrect use of an apostrophe.

Very sloppy.

The point of the joke is its double meaning. The apostrophe is correct for one of these meanings, so you can stop fretting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fringo said:

Can I also add my apologies for the incorrect use of an apostrophe.

Very sloppy.

I think you are being too hard on yourself here. That apostrophe is required for the purposes of the joke. It's the apostrophe that makes it a joke. It only works because you can't hear an apostrophe. I could be in danger of over analysing this one a wee bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, duncan II said:

The point of the joke is its double meaning. The apostrophe is correct for one of these meanings, so you can stop fretting.

Great minds think alike. That twice that's happened to me this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, duncan II said:

The point of the joke is its double meaning. The apostrophe is correct for one of these meanings, so you can stop fretting.

 

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think you are being too hard on yourself here. That apostrophe is required for the purposes of the joke. It's the apostrophe that makes it a joke. It only works because you can't hear an apostrophe. I could be in danger of over analysing this one a wee bit?

True.  I was a bit concerned for a few mins.

I'm so used to telling it rather than typing it.

Phew ! Cheers guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fringo said:

 

True.  I was a bit concerned for a few mins.

I'm so used to telling it rather than typing it.

Phew ! Cheers guys. 

You'll enjoy your beer better tonight with that weight off your shoulders. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, duncan II said:

The point of the joke is its double meaning. The apostrophe is correct for one of these meanings, so you can stop fretting.

 

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think you are being too hard on yourself here. That apostrophe is required for the purposes of the joke. It's the apostrophe that makes it a joke. It only works because you can't hear an apostrophe. 

How do you turn a parrot into a soul singer ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

 

How do you turn a parrot into a soul singer ? 

That's a beak !  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think you are being too hard on yourself here. That apostrophe is required for the purposes of the joke. It's the apostrophe that makes it a joke. It only works because you can't hear an apostrophe. I could be in danger of over analysing this one a wee bit?

Correct it's a verbal joke that doesn't work as well written down.

Like the one about the boy who got sacked from the bakery because he was kneading a shite.

 

Edited by Toepoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fringo said:

That's a beak !  😊

Did you not know his initials were B K Withers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, fringo said:

 

True.  I was a bit concerned for a few mins.

I'm so used to telling it rather than typing it.

Phew ! Cheers guys. 

Tam Cowan just stole you joke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...