Scottish Films ... - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Films ...

19 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

That was a great documentary. Especially watching Martin Bain make a tit of himself.

Yeah he came across as the kind of guy that was involved with a previous shit show. Really interesting behind the scenes documentary if you enjoyed  class of 92 is worth a watch.

Whisky Galore

The Crow Road - Series with Peter Capaldi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crow_Road_(TV_series)

The Wicker Man (1973) with Britt Ekland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wicker_Man

can't believe you never seen fecking Restless Natives 

Trainspotting ? 

Comfort & Joy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complicity_(novel)

Edited by euan2020

3 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

Whisky Galore

The Crow Road - Series with Peter Capaldi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crow_Road_(TV_series)

The Wicker Man (1973) with Britt Ekland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wicker_Man

can't believe you never seen fecking Restless Natives 

Trainspotting ? 

I live in Canada mate, seen Trainspotting in Glasgow at the theatres actually. Restless Natives? No first I've heard of it. Looks good though..👍

Someone mentioned any Peter MacDougall play's. Claim to fame I was an extra in 'Down were the Buffalo Go'. Some scenes filmed in my local pub at the time. Gerard Kelly aka Wullie Melvin  was in it and the bar man was played by Ian McColl aka 'Big Tam' from City lights. Got paid to play snooker and drink all day.😄 Harvey Kietel (Reservoir Dogs) was the star name.

Edited by Lairdyfaeinverclyde

12 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I live in Canada mate, seen Trainspotting in Glasgow at the theatres actually. Restless Natives? No first I've heard of it. Looks good though..👍

Restless Natives is iconic - music by Big Country 

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I saw it in the theatre in Toronto.

I believe that it had a limited run.

Some great scenery scenes and soundtrack (as Euan has said).

MV5BZmI0OTAxNDItMmU3ZC00NWViLWEzNDMtYzk0

On 3/29/2020 at 6:46 PM, euan2020 said:

Restless Natives is iconic - music by Big Country 

I used to have a wad of the cash they chucked around Edinburgh when the police chased them, they were purple 5ers with Boy George’s face instead of Lizzie’s. 

i was just trying to think of a film i saw some 20 ish yrs back ? was titled 'pretty little liars/thieves' or similar -as i know this is name of current tv show - was 2 girls , and a guy i think - they were models/dancers ? - sure it was set in Scoltand ; eastern european angle ?

- anyhow on the search - i googled nicole kidman (as sure one of the girls was red head...clutching at straws) then came to "the railway man" another good film - bit of Scottish in it ...... which also reminded me (Eric Lomax character) of Chariots of Fire ; aside from Eric Lidell , there is classic St Andrews shot...... 

still no idea about original film tho ; 

= found it ; beautiful creatures

Edited by Auchinyell Sox Change

Whatever you do, under no circumstances watch "Outcast".  Stars James Nesbitt, James Cosmo, Karen Gillan and Kate Dickie.  With a cast like that you might be fooled in to thinking it's decent however when you hear the plot is about a girl in an Edinburgh council estate who falls for a boy who may or may not be a magical beast descended from a magical Celtic (with a K) race being hunted by a gypsy killer who is the former lover of the boys Mum you might get an idea of the horrors that await you (and not in the the way the film makers intended!).   Oh, and one of the lead characters is called Petronella.   Quite comfortably one of the worst films that I've sat through.

On 3/29/2020 at 6:04 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Seen T2: Trainspotting?  I quite enjoyed it, I stayed at the Douglas Hotel (Port Sunshine in the film) prior to watching the film as well, got the "Euan Bremner Room".

2 hours ago, in5omniac said:

Seen T2: Trainspotting?  I quite enjoyed it, I stayed at the Douglas Hotel (Port Sunshine in the film) prior to watching the film as well, got the "Euan Bremner Room".

I saw it in calgary when it opened ; was full , you could tell the large number of expats by reactions to certain things ie the whole 1690 pin / orange lodge scene where as locals not a scooby

obviously not a shade on original; but pretty decent for a follow up so many years later

the granton star cause/3 short film series was outstanding too

james mcavoy tho ( great actor imo ) was badly cast in the filth lead role

21 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I saw it in calgary when it opened ; was full , you could tell the large number of expats by reactions to certain things ie the whole 1690 pin / orange lodge scene where as locals not a scooby

obviously not a shade on original; but pretty decent for a follow up so many years later

the granton star cause/3 short film series was outstanding too

james mcavoy tho ( great actor imo ) was badly cast in the filth lead role

Thats interesting, I thought he was excellent in it. I wasnt sure if I would like the film, but I enjoyed it in a strange sort of way and thought he was great. I didnt read the book though so I may have felt different if I had. 

58 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Thats interesting, I thought he was excellent in it. I wasnt sure if I would like the film, but I enjoyed it in a strange sort of way and thought he was great. I didnt read the book though so I may have felt different if I had. 

Yeah ; only personal opinion - prob a bit tainted as i had read / enjoyed book years earlier ; and had pictured a ‘radger’ character

bit like reading Rebus for years then john hannah comes along .....

ken stott more like what i had pictured

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Yeah ; only personal opinion - prob a bit tainted as i had read / enjoyed book years earlier ; and had pictured a ‘radger’ character

Irvine Welsh’s only book were the main character in a hertz fan, that’s why he made him such a horrible cunt

1 hour ago, gusmac said:

Try "under the skin" 

Scarlet Johansen is an alien luring Scots to their death. It's very strange....but she gets her kit off. 

Recommend that too. Some great bike riding . A particular scene made me laugh , still does. 

2 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Spot in with Rebus, always thought more Ken Stott than John Hannah.