Scottish Films ... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Films ...

5 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

realised Neds was a Peter Mullan film too ; i had seen it once - but didnt recall it that great from memory - just watched the trailer again now and it seems a bit too put on - anyone agree/disagree ?

back in the oldies collection ; "Geordie"  , maybe a bit tacky for these days, and "Tunes of Glory" -set in Scotland...

I saw Neds for the first time about 5 or 6 years ago. I thought it was good . I am not sure if I enjoyed it or not as i found it quite sad. It was fairly nostalgic as it was set in an era when I was a teenager. 

Goung off topic a bit but just because i think ir was you who suggested it on the series worth watching thread, I finished Undercover a couple of nights ago, i thought it was great. Wasnt sure at the start of that last series but wasnt disappointed in the end. 

7 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

if you get really bored , theres always 'Sunset Song' - another Peter Mullan role

am sure the tv version in 70s was better

I remember watching another Scottish film a few year ago about a lad that wanted to swim the English channel. The lad from Braveheart was in it, Morins  Dad. I think Peter Mullan was in this film. It was quite good actually..

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I saw Neds for the first time about 5 or 6 years ago. I thought it was good . I am not sure if I enjoyed it or not as i found it quite sad. It was fairly nostalgic as it was set in an era when I was a teenager. 

Goung off topic a bit but just because i think ir was you who suggested it on the series worth watching thread, I finished Undercover a couple of nights ago, i thought it was great. Wasnt sure at the start of that last series but wasnt disappointed in the end. 

yeah am waiting for new series of Undercover coming out

have you seen Salamander - or Babylon Berlin (not sure whats big in UK foreign language wise these days) but budget on that was huge

i also enjoyed Narcos

6 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

yeah am waiting for new series of Undercover coming out

have you seen Salamander - or Babylon Berlin (not sure whats big in UK foreign language wise these days) but budget on that was huge

i also enjoyed Narcos

Babylon Berlin is on sky , I dont have that. Will check out Salamander 👍

My husband watched Narcos when he was off work so I will need to try and watch it when he is not about. 

Sorry Ramy, will let the thread get back to Scottish films . 

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Babylon Berlin is on sky , I dont have that. Will check out Salamander 👍

My husband watched Narcos when he was off work so I will need to try and watch it when he is not about. 

Sorry Ramy, will let the thread get back to Scottish films . 

No bother..🙂👍

9 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

of course we have John Wark starring in....

Escape to Victory !

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Best football film ever. John Wark only line in the film. "Howd you know"? Replying to Bobby Moore. Fuckin love that film. 👍👍👍

3 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

not Scottish, but Tyrannosaur ; thought was very good 

3 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

if you get really bored , theres always 'Sunset Song' - another Peter Mullan role

am sure the tv version in 70s was better

Both good films. 

Some parts of Tyrannasaur were brutal