Entertainment in isolation - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Entertainment in isolation

14 minutes ago, phart said:

Something in the 20's would be very possible i reckon, just need a bit of practice. I'm refusing to let myself be drawn into or i'll play it the rest of the day. You could memorise the first 25 pretty quickly before you start and click them in under 10 seconds. leaving you 15-20 seconds to do the last 25.

😂 I can memorise the first 8 at best. 
Get your gran to do it she will probably put me to shame. 

17 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

👍

9 minutes ago, saintydave said:

33. 908 for me. 45 and 40 first two goes 

👍👍

6 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

I'll try again on my phone rather than laptop when the kids are in bed and see if that makes me better or worse.

It will be quicker on a phone .  

Edited by TDYER63

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 believe me, life is so much easier when that competitive bone is ground right out of you. 

100% I was sitting and caught myself thinking of ways to get a fast time, including mucking about with my mouse sensitivity to increase time between presses. Then i was like fuck it, just close the tab and get on with your life. Even 3 years ago i'd be sitting playing it all night till i got a sub 25.

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 believe me, life is so much easier when that competitive bone is ground right out of you. 

His wife is a psych nurse as well and the running joke is she’s a lot better than me. 
Texted him there saying that’s why she’s the band 6. 
His reply “she’s a band 7 now” haha

1 minute ago, phart said:

100% I was sitting and caught myself thinking of ways to get a fast time, including mucking about with my mouse sensitivity to increase time between presses. Then i was like fuck it, just close the tab and get on with your life. Even 3 years ago i'd be sitting playing it all night till i got a sub 25.

It reminds me of that game from a few years back. 2048 it was called. I used to play for hours & could get massive scores. My boss hated me as she could barely get into the hundreds. Until one day I just asked myself why the chuff I was even bothered & never played again!

Still, it was a good game 🤓

4 minutes ago, phart said:

Reminds me of playing snake on the old mobile phones 

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

His wife is a psych nurse as well and the running joke is she’s a lot better than me. 
Texted him there saying that’s why she’s the band 6. 
His reply “she’s a band 7 now” haha

Its not because she is better than you its because she is working whilst you are playing puzzles 😁

12 minutes ago, phart said:

😂😂

9 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

It reminds me of that game from a few years back. 2048 it was called. I used to play for hours & could get massive scores. My boss hated me as she could barely get into the hundreds. Until one day I just asked myself why the chuff I was even bothered & never played again!

Years ago someone posted this button basher 110 hurdles game on here (over 10 years ago now) and we were all posting our fastest times. I ended up with a sock on my hand, to create less friction,  meaning i could press the two buttons so much faster than (by just running it over the buttons back and forth) anyone else and memorising the jump timing. It was so effective i was twice as fast as the next person. Probably not in the spirit of the game though and also would have looked ridiculous.

31 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

https://www.mathsisfun.com/games/2048.html