Entertainment in isolation - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Entertainment in isolation

I might try this yoga challenge as well I need to up my flexibility. My own method of easing tight muscles by having a super hot bath then super hot shower ended up setting off my fire alarm when i forgot to open a window and left the bathroom door open.

Just now, TDYER63 said:

I was going to mention the house party app but thought i would try and make myself look intelligent by posting a maths teaser. That went well  😂

My daughter had the app on the other day showing me how it works. She had herself and her boyfriend in the ‘party’ then all of a sudden a random guy pops up on the screen and joined in 😁 It was obviously one of their friends but it was bizarre . Looks good fun.

Me and Mr Tidy went out for a run yesterday. It was actually quite funny watching him trying to run as slow as me. He looked so awkward. I am as stiff as a board today so may need to take a look at that yoga of yours. 

Aye apparently you need to 'lock the door' on your party or any fecker can just stroll in 😲

4 minutes ago, phart said:

Got a pair of shoes on too

so 5+19x2= 43

2 minutes ago, beardy said:

43 more a test of observation than arithmetic

Well done both of you. 43 is correct. You are absolutely correct Beardy, observation is the key. I didnt even notice the multiplication  sign 😁 

4 minutes ago, phart said:

the boys holding 2 packs of "chips"

so it is 5+9x2 so 5+18=23

so 5+19x2= 43

Aye, but they are smaller bags of chips so they must be worth less?

We need a price list for big and small chips. Probably quite cheap as there are plenty of potatoes in Russia.

43 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You do realise Carol Vorderman is ripping the pish  out of you right now 😁

34 minutes ago, phart said:

the boys holding 2 packs of "chips"

so it is 5+9x2 so 5+18=23

so 5+19x2= 43

She’s still a tart!

FFS so he is! I missed his shoes 😏

4 minutes ago, exile said:

I guess it depends on what is the value of a single shoe. Is a single shoe worth half a pair of shoes?

I wouldn't have thought so. A single shoe is only any use to an amputee and there is only a 50:50 chance that it's the right one.

51 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Strictly speaking the two shoes together should be multiplied (due to the absence of an addition sign). A pair clearly equals 10 so a single shoe is the square root of 10. 

That is actually quite a valid point Huddersfield . You could put it to an adjudicator 😁

That teaser was put on a whatsap group chat by a friend last night and when someone finally got the right answer after a couple of hints ( not me...) he put this one up. 

C01DDBDA-EDD4-4DE9-9B88-4CDA9A353EDD.jpeg.f17dd3839ac310c5223b7250cbcff953.jpeg

I assumed it was one of those trick of the eye type teasers so I looked at it for a while and then gave up. I thought I saw a dinosaur but wasnt sure. 
This morning I said ‘ so Sean what is the animal, I assume its not just an elephant playing blind mans bluff? ’. 
He said ‘ its just an elephant , I thought I would give an easy one for all you dumbos that couldnt work out the teaser . But the time it has taken you to work out it is an elephant concerns me ‘ 

😂😂😂

Edited by TDYER63

1 hour ago, Huddersfield said:

Strictly speaking the two shoes together should be multiplied (due to the absence of an addition sign). A pair clearly equals 10 so a single shoe is the square root of 10. 

That's a neat answer. But if so, does the multiplier effect also apply to the lad with the shoes and 2 pokes of chips?

In other words if [shoe] [shoe]=10 means [shoe]=3.16, then [lad][chips][chips][shoe][shoe] should be 5 x 2 x 2 x 3.16 x 3.16 =200?

Then the overall answer must be 3.16 + 200 x 2 = 403.16?

In which case you may as well give the lad the third poke of chips and be done with it?

Edited by exile

Here is another thought. since there are so many creative calculating people on here.

Would it be possible to run some sort of shadow fantasy leagues, based on league teams' positions and records, plus random factors that would not be determined till the day of the fixture that would have been? (Is anyone already doing this, or else, how are actual fantasy leagues doing it?)

The point would be to keep interest in each week going by as if the fixtures were taking place, and to string it out for whole easons, not just to it in one weekend, where results of fixtures would be determined not simply by track records or some pools panel hocus pocus (because that itn principle could be run 'now'). But would somehow build in a rangomd factor that could be somehow triggered by real things happening around the date of the fixture. Whatever that would be, it would have to be something clear cut and visible to everyone, (not a privately run random number).

When I say "league teams' positions and records, plus random factors" I mean for example, the score on each shadow fixture could be some combination of:

1. League position (higher or lower; or more subtly, could allow higher points/same points/lower points and/or even higher points, smae point but above on goald difference, same points but lower.... etc. etc. in as much detail as you wish, in the normal ways of determining leaagues position when on same points)

2. Last x games' form (simplest would be x=1, i.e. just the last game)

3. Home or away

4. Random factor determined on the day (a national lottery number on saturday?)

The effect (not the mechanism) would be something a bit like the "unofficial world cup" in the sense that anyone anywhere could work it out, (although that is based on actual events of live ongoing matches)

Obviously I havent throught through the exact mechanisms yet but just put it out there to see if any thoughts.

If it worked it could apply to any league, andywere , and keep people occupied to the end of the season?

Edited by exile

49 minutes ago, exile said:

Here is another thought. since there are so many creative calculating people on here.

Would it be possible to run some sort of shadow fantasy leagues, based on league teams' positions and records, plus random factors that would not be determined till the day of the fixture that would have been? (Is anyone already doing this, or else, how are actual fantasy leagues doing it?)

The point would be to keep interest in each week going by as if the fixtures were taking place, and to string it out for whole easons, not just to it in one weekend, where results of fixtures would be determined not simply by track records or some pools panel hocus pocus (because that itn principle could be run 'now'). But would somehow build in a rangomd factor that could be somehow triggered by real things happening around the date of the fixture. Whatever that would be, it would have to be something clear cut and visible to everyone, (not a privately run random number).

When I say "league teams' positions and records, plus random factors" I mean for example, the score on each shadow fixture could be some combination of:

1. League position (higher or lower; or more subtly, could allow higher points/same points/lower points and/or even higher points, smae point but above on goald difference, same points but lower.... etc. etc. in as much detail as you wish, in the normal ways of determining leaagues position when on same points)

2. Last x games' form (simplest would be x=1, i.e. just the last game)

3. Home or away

4. Random factor determined on the day (a national lottery number on saturday?)

The effect (not the mechanism) would be something a bit like the "unofficial world cup" in the sense that anyone anywhere could work it out, (although that is based on actual events of live ongoing matches)

Obviously I havent throught through the exact mechanisms yet but just put it out there to see if any thoughts.

If it worked it could apply to any league, andywere , and keep people occupied to the end of the season?

875 ? 

18 minutes ago, slasher said:

Mrs Slasher just gave me a hair cut there at my insistence. 

Fuck me! Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the skill of the barber when this is all over! 😲

For the first time ever in my life I cut my own hair last week. As in bought a clipper set & lawnmowered my head. 

+1 from me for barber appreciation.