The Billionaires - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Billionaires

If we all get through this let's all vow not to feed and if possible ruin the odious billionaires who have already disgraced themselves with their callous disregard for humanity during this crisis. 

I'll start with Richard Branson and that horrible cunt that owns Wetherspoons 🤯😠

Edited by slasher

24 minutes ago, slasher said:

If we all get through this let's all vow not to feed and if possible ruin the odious billionaires who have already disgraced themselves with their callous disregard for humanity during this crisis. 

I'll start with Richard Branson and that horrible cunt that owns Wetherspoons 🤯😠

30AB18CC-BA27-4B25-98E7-0934FCF09879.png

24 minutes ago, slasher said:

Branson is a total cunt. Tim Martin has always been a cunt, hes never really hid the fact that he doesn't care what folk think about him, but Branson yip total fanny. Same with George Soros

Seeing those pictures of Venice and the fishes, clear waters along with the boars roaming wild along with the rampant elephants in China drunk on wine really have warmed the heart.

I really, really hope we start again all of us. Restart everything. Our mass consumption, egotism, selfishness, arrogance, instant gratification.

I'm just a gobshite with an internet connection, but I think automation will be brought in quicker than before.

If i was a glass half full guy, i'd say that this is the end of globalist peak capitalism. Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn will be swept to power after Trump and Johnson are booted tae fuck.

But i'm not.... so i'll say this is the end of liberal democracy as we knew it. We'll accept Chinese/Russian levels of authoritarianism, and be thankful for it.

Things will change surely. I just dunno how.

5 hours ago, Dave78 said:

If i was a glass half full guy, i'd say that this is the end of globalist peak capitalism. Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn will be swept to power after Trump and Johnson are booted tae fuck.

But i'm not.... so i'll say this is the end of liberal democracy as we knew it. We'll accept Chinese/Russian levels of authoritarianism, and be thankful for it.

Things will change surely. I just dunno how.

Nothing will change. About 50% of people will still be selfish kunts. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-australia-51984725

I'm guessing most places will be the same but there's been 2 or 3 local businesses 'outed' on Facebook (probably other platforms as well but I don't use them). There's a shop across town from me started charging £9 for pack of loo roll (he managed to get a huge stock from a cash & carry supplier). I agree about the billionaires, but you can bet your last tropical island that the spiv culture is sparking to life all over the place.

6 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

I'm guessing most places will be the same but there's been 2 or 3 local businesses 'outed' on Facebook (probably other platforms as well but I don't use them). There's a shop across town from me started charging £9 for pack of loo roll (he managed to get a huge stock from a cash & carry supplier). I agree about the billionaires, but you can bet your last tropical island that the spiv culture is sparking to life all over the place.

I agree with you, I don't think much will change other than the obvious.

You're mention of the spiv culture is interesting.  Of course, where that term originates is the black market during WW2.  The Blitz Spirit is lauded in this country - and mainly with good reason - and no doubt there was a huge amount of community spirii and assistance.    Is there any difference between the current hoarders and panic buyers and people who subverted food rationing by buying on the black market in WW2?

Every airline should be disgraced by not getting a fucking penny. Punting up flights when there’s events on and getting richer & richer by the second. Don’t even get me started in the prices they charge for food on the planes and in the airports. 

They can all go fuck themselves. 

13 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Seeing those pictures of Venice and the fishes, clear waters along with the boars roaming wild along with the rampant elephants in China drunk on wine really have warmed the heart.

I really, really hope we start again all of us. Restart everything. Our mass consumption, egotism, selfishness, arrogance, instant gratification.

I'm just a gobshite with an internet connection, but I think automation will be brought in quicker than before.

still worry about the bats being part of an oriental snack though

5 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

still worry about the bats being part of an oriental snack though

You can get diseases from all sorts of animals. Cows, pigs, chickens, cats, dogs. Seems a shame to blame the cute wee bats. ;)

I like bats. Don't think I've ever eaten one though, as far as I know.

30 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You can get diseases from all sorts of animals. Cows, pigs, chickens, cats, dogs. Seems a shame to blame the cute wee bats. ;)

I like bats. Don't think I've ever eaten one though, as far as I know.

It's not to do with eating bats though, it's bats transferring it to mammals in wet markets and then folk eating that butchered meat. There is normally a transitional animal.

book about it, just listened to interviews of this guy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EQG794/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Edited by phart

5 minutes ago, phart said:

It's not to do with eating bats though, it's bats transferring it to mammals in wet markets and then folk eating that butchered meat. There is normally a transitional animal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009EQG794/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Interesting. Prior to reading that I'd have guessed Zoonosis was a U2 song.

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Every airline should be disgraced by not getting a fucking penny. Punting up flights when there’s events on and getting richer & richer by the second. Don’t even get me started in the prices they charge for food on the planes and in the airports. 

They can all go fuck themselves. 

My girlfriend couldn't get through to change flights and had to fork out over 3 grand and buy new tickets to get home.

She contacted the CEO of Westjet directly and immediately got a 2/3 refund.

18 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

My girlfriend couldn't get through to change flights and had to fork out over 3 grand and buy new tickets to get home.

She contacted the CEO of Westjet directly and immediately got a 2/3 refund.

Contacts in high places help , eh? Plus having the three grand up front . Good for her though. Shame on the rip off price 

8 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Contacts in high places help , eh? 

No, she didn't know him at all.

Just knows the system.

('Go-getter' would be an understatement.)

8 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Plus having the three grand up front.

Well, a credit card.

Edited by Scotty CTA

1 hour ago, phart said:

Aye, it's looking like the pangolin might be the likely transitional candidate for this one. Time will tell. The Chinese have eaten pangolins to the brink of extinction. Maybe the last pangolins aren't prepared to go without putting up a fight.;)

If they are cooked properly then eating them shouldn't be a problem. Proper cooking will kill any viruses. It's more likely to be transferred during the butchering process or just handling the live animals. They also use the scales in traditional "medicine" so that could be another possible route into humans?

14 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, she didn't know him at all.

Just knows the system.

('Go-getter' would be an understatement.)

Did she do it publicly on Twitter, and lots of others piled in to help put on pressure? I'm thinking if it was just a private email it would be ignored.