Positivity - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Steelmen. Its on today 😳👏

I will take a look. Its my daughters birthday today and a book about steelmen sounds right up her street ... 😁

Seriously though, I will take a look . Good luck , must be really exciting for you 👍

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I will take a look. Its my daughters birthday today and a book about steelmen sounds right up her street ... 😁

Seriously though, I will take a look . Good luck , must be really exciting for you 👍

Cheers it is exciting also a bit scary..... having to put yourself 'out there' is not really me but it's a prerequisite for the likes of this. 

6 hours ago, Fish Supper said:

What's it about? 

It's about the experiences of a group of steelworkers as they hurtle towards redundancy. It's gritty, funny and thought provoking according to one of my reviews which I used in the blurb. 

I might give it its own thread on here but I'm not sure that's allowed? Anyway it's no expensive, only £2.49 so it's not gonna break the bank 😉

On 4/30/2020 at 6:14 PM, slasher said:

It's about the experiences of a group of steelworkers as they hurtle towards redundancy. It's gritty, funny and thought provoking according to one of my reviews which I used in the blurb. 

I might give it its own thread on here but I'm not sure that's allowed? Anyway it's no expensive, only £2.49 so it's not gonna break the bank 😉

Good luck. Couple of wee typos in the description though:

Steelmen tells the hitherto untold story of Ravenscraig, stripped of romanticism, the real story of the dirt, the danger, the hard-drinking, the camaraderie and the triumph and tradgey that engulfed all of the men who worked there, none of whom were left untouched by their experiences in the giant plant affectionalty known by locals as "The Craig"

Missing full stop at the end as well. Apologies for nit-picking but things like that irritate me in a professional product!

Love the cover, really dark and foreboding.  Bought a copy anyway.  Hopefully get time to read it in the coming weeks.

12 hours ago, daviebee said:

Good luck. Couple of wee typos in the description though:

Steelmen tells the hitherto untold story of Ravenscraig, stripped of romanticism, the real story of the dirt, the danger, the hard-drinking, the camaraderie and the triumph and tradgey that engulfed all of the men who worked there, none of whom were left untouched by their experiences in the giant plant affectionalty known by locals as "The Craig"

Missing full stop at the end as well. Apologies for nit-picking but things like that irritate me in a professional product!

Love the cover, really dark and foreboding.  Bought a copy anyway.  Hopefully get time to read it in the coming weeks.

Cheers m8 👍

Yeah I was raging at the typos and spotted them straight away. I went in and corrected them twice but they're still there. Not sure if there is a time delay on uploaded alterations? 

On 4/29/2020 at 7:48 PM, slasher said:

Well I've done it! Uploaded my book onto Kindle today, should be ready to go in a couple of days 🤓🙏

Only kindle? I’m an old school book buyer, available any other way?

edit: good luck, like a dream come true for you 👍🏽

Edited by dandydunn

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Cheers m8 👍

Yeah I was raging at the typos and spotted them straight away. I went in and corrected them twice but they're still there. Not sure if there is a time delay on uploaded alterations? 

Not sure. I just assumed you could go into your account and change whatever you want. Maybe they need to approve it first?

Might be a good idea to bold and highlight bits of your description as well.  This tool will do all that for you for nothing - https://kindlepreneur.com/amazon-book-description-generator/.

On 4/30/2020 at 6:10 PM, slasher said:

Cheers it is exciting also a bit scary..... having to put yourself 'out there' is not really me but it's a prerequisite for the likes of this. 

Have you got any local papers or that to give it a bit of publicity ?Or in steelwork areas around the UK who could identify with it ? 
Its a good price and you could get a few sales whilst everyone is at home. 

Good luck Slasher. Should do well here in Motherwell. My uncle appeared in the Daily Record in a quite spectacular picture iin front of molten steel being poured when he worked in the 'Craig.     A few interesting items were allegedly disposed of in those furnaces. 

Any promotional stuff you can put on here so we can share on Facebook, etc. 

3 hours ago, daviebee said:

Not sure. I just assumed you could go into your account and change whatever you want. Maybe they need to approve it first?

Might be a good idea to bold and highlight bits of your description as well.  This tool will do all that for you for nothing - https://kindlepreneur.com/amazon-book-description-generator/.

Cheers I'll have a good look at that later. I've had some good reviews so already quite heartened 👍

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Have you got any local papers or that to give it a bit of publicity ?Or in steelwork areas around the UK who could identify with it ? 
Its a good price and you could get a few sales whilst everyone is at home. 

Yeah we're trying to get some traction on social media and interest from local media. It's early days but it's basically me and a few friends trying to market it. Its not going to make a lot of money, it was never really about that.(although it would be nice 🤣) I think it's a good story and I'd like to spread it before it dies out. 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Only kindle? I’m an old school book buyer, available any other way?

edit: good luck, like a dream come true for you 👍🏽

We're attempting to organise a print run currently but are encountering a few problems. There will definitely be some paperbacks for those who want them, just no sure when m8. 

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Good luck Slasher. Should do well here in Motherwell. My uncle appeared in the Daily Record in a quite spectacular picture iin front of molten steel being poured when he worked in the 'Craig.     A few interesting items were allegedly disposed of in those furnaces. 

Any promotional stuff you can put on here so we can share on Facebook, etc. 

I'm looking to try and get it shared on Motherwell, Celtic and Rangers message boards. I've set up a twitter page for it as well @steelmen1852020.

It's a full time job this marketing lark tho. In between trying to make sure my old boys alright and painting my fence panels ma phone is buzzing away all the time! 

Edited by slasher