Positivity - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

A second bumblebee appeared on the window a short time after the first one. I wasn't so happy to see that one.  They were both inside the house and I had no idea where they came from as all the windows were closed.

I was on a call to a client when the second one appeared , it dropped off the window onto the floor and was slowly crawling towards me. I was trying to buy Eur 40 k from the client at the time. I had to 
put my mobile phone on the desk with the client holding  on  , and run to get a glass. 

Every year we are plagued by insects that sting ( you may recall Mr Tidy’s hornet trap) . The idea of a bees hive in the house whilst in isolation is not a pleasant distraction. Thankfully no more have appeared 🐝🐝🐝

What you need is an electric tennis racquet 😁

8 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Aye, it's good when the weather's nice. I've worked from home for over a decade. I choose my laptop based on how well the screen works in bright sunlight, as i'm out in the garden with it during the summer.

You know i wouldn't even mind it when the weather is bad. It was blowing a gale one morning last week and it was nice being inside hearing it.
It reminded me of when I was a wee girl and the wind howled and the single pane glass shuddered. My gran had a chair at the window that we would sit at. It was scary but exciting at the same time.

Sigh.  I think this isolation is taking its toll on me .....

14 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

A second bumblebee appeared on the window a short time after the first one. I wasn't so happy to see that one.  They were both inside the house and I had no idea where they came from as all the windows were closed.

I was on a call to a client when the second one appeared , it dropped off the window onto the floor and was slowly crawling towards me. I was trying to buy Eur 40 k from the client at the time. I had to 
put my mobile phone on the desk with the client holding  on  , and run to get a glass. 

Every year we are plagued by insects that sting ( you may recall Mr Tidy’s hornet trap) . The idea of a bees hive in the house whilst in isolation is not a pleasant distraction. Thankfully no more have appeared 🐝🐝🐝

A bumblebee won't sting you unless you squash it.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

True. Lovely creatures.   Even a wasp (annoying bassas) only sting when accidentally squashed in my experience... twice.   Once was up my trouser leg.   (Remember flares?)   It got to my upper, inner thigh before I noticed and got stung.   The other folk at the bus stop must have thought me a little strange.

7 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

True. Lovely creatures.   Even a wasp (annoying bassas) only sting when accidentally squashed in my experience... twice.   Once was up my trouser leg.   (Remember flares?)   It got to my upper, inner thigh before I noticed and got stung.   The other folk at the bus stop must have thought me a little strange.

Because you were wearing flares?

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I would never squash a bee. But I don’t fancy waking up to room full of them one morning. 

Cant remember if I mentioned this on here before, I probably have,  I repeat everything.
A number of years ago when my daughter was about 10 i put her in charge of keeping her room tidy and clean as a way to earn her pocket money. 
It was the summer and one night I went up to kiss her goodnight, she had one of those beds that was a high bunk with a desk underneath. I climbed the ladder and noticed a black thing on the corner of the cornice, she had a bad fear of spiders so I said nothing hoping she wouldnt notice it. 
Next morning I went into her room. It was like the scene from a horror movie. About 200 blue bottles either flying around in a zombie state or clinging to the walls. What I had seen the night before was not a spider curled up but a blue bottle that had just hatched. 

Urgh. It was horrendous trying to get rid of them . Turns out there was a peach in her bin she hadnt got rid of and it was full of maggots. 🤮 🦟🦟🦟🦟

The positive part of this story is that my daughter is no longer is afraid of spiders. 

3 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I would happily squash a wasp. They actually chase me. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I would never squash a bee. But I don’t fancy waking up to room full of them one morning. 

Cant remember if I mentioned this on here before, I probably have,  I repeat everything.
A number of years ago when my daughter was about 10 i put her in charge of keeping her room tidy and clean as a way to earn her pocket money. 
It was the summer and one night I went up to kiss her goodnight, she had one of those beds that was a high bunk with a desk underneath. I climbed the ladder and noticed a black thing on the corner of the cornice, she had a bad fear of spiders so I said nothing hoping she wouldnt notice it. 
Next morning I went into her room. It was like the scene from a horror movie. About 200 blue bottles either flying around in a zombie state or clinging to the walls. What I had seen the night before was not a spider curled up but a blue bottle that had just hatched. 

Urgh. It was horrendous trying to get rid of them . Turns out there was a peach in her bin she hadnt got rid of and it was full of maggots. 🤮 🦟🦟🦟🦟

The positive part of this story is that my daughter is no longer is afraid of spiders. 

Could have been worse. You're lucky it was just an infested peach you found. They are quite partial to dead animals and a jobby now and again.

20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You don't half post a load o shyte, sometimes.

😁 I am actually quite chuffed you didnt have to edit your post to add ‘sometimes’ . 

23 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Could have been worse. You're lucky it was just an infested peach you found. They are quite partial to dead animals and a jobby now and again.

Is there no end to this positivity! 🌈☀️💫

7 hours ago, slasher said:

My Dad (92) said on Skype he's not gonnae lose out to the Cosanostra

I'm reviewing our ancestry 🤣

Sounds like a Freudian slip to me. A quick look on Wikipedia shows some interesting mobsters born around that time, & a couple are still alive. I suppose it's quite likely that a descendant would choose 'Slasher' as their ganster nickname...let us know how the search goes ;)

47 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Positive greetings to Beardy, Shaggycoo, Eisergewind, GrimJim, McTeeko, Daz1982, ThistleWhistle, sbcmfc, Tyder63, fringo, Denny’s yard,stirlish, Robby far Ayr. Also to other visitors. 

Cool as fuck, I've never had a shout that wasn't calling me a c@nt.

12 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Positive greetings to Beardy, Shaggycoo, Eisergewind, GrimJim, McTeeko, Daz1982, ThistleWhistle, sbcmfc, Tyder63, fringo, Denny’s yard,stirlish, Robby far Ayr. Also to other visitors. 

And same back to you Shaundy 😁 

I have only ever been called a fucking moron so this is indeed movement in a positive direction.   

• 2 weeks later...