Positivity - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyway Slasher, I reckon I will relate to your book, I lived less than a mile from the Linwood Car Plant, I was 16 when it closed down my old man and several of my uncles lost their jobs.

The closure left mass unemployment in the area, my old man was a fitter in the production line, he won a competition within the factory to fit the first ever Hillman Imp (Reg was IMP1) which apparently was the last job to be done as it came off the line.

The car was in the transport museum in Glasgow when I was younger, not sure if it’s still there now.

Good luck pal 

45 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Anyway Slasher, I reckon I will relate to your book, I lived less than a mile from the Linwood Car Plant, I was 16 when it closed down my old man and several of my uncles lost their jobs.

The closure left mass unemployment in the area, my old man was a fitter in the production line, he won a competition within the factory to fit the first ever Hillman Imp (Reg was IMP1) which apparently was the last job to be done as it came off the line.

The car was in the transport museum in Glasgow when I was younger, not sure if it’s still there now.

Good luck pal 

Shud have read “fit first ever Windscreen” can’t edit for some reason 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Feck off you, you’re a Supporter of the Mighty Paisley Saints.

Slasher, you should be giving TDYER commission as she messaged our wee Whassap group and I’m sure everyone on there I’ll buy it ( all 4 of us 😂).

Just purchased it, particularly looking forward to the chapter “The truth about Rossy and me”.

Joking aside all the best nothing but admiration for you, the old saying “we all have a book in us”, but to actually do it is fantastic.

Well done @TDYER63, I might co-opt you onto my marketing team 

Thank you Jim. Its quite funny how Rossy crops up occasionally still. Anyway hope you enjoy it 👍

21 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Good luck pal 

In what direction?  The Linwood side or towards the Paisley/Elderslie way?

27 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

The now demolished Millarston High Flats.

Ah, I was probably about a mile or so in the opposite direction in Linwood.  I bought my first ever underage carry out at Millarston Dairy!

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Ah, I was probably about a mile or so in the opposite direction in Linwood.  I bought my first ever underage carry out at Millarston Dairy!

😂😂 standard for me and my mates to stand outside that place asking older lot to get us our carry outs, 

Unfortunately for us once or twice our money was hoovered we were told to feck off and they disappeared under The Arches into that lovely residential utopia Ferguslie. 

On 5/19/2020 at 6:47 PM, Jersey Jim said:

Good luck pal 

My Dad worked in that plant as well. That story about the transport museum sounds familiar. 

Millerston also looks a little different these days. I had a flat in Maxwellton street just along the road when I first moved to Paisley.

I am still running. 2 months now. Only between 4-5 km , 2-3 times a week , takes me 32 minutes. I dont really enjoy it but feel better afterwards. 
I have absolutely no desire to increase the distance as I dont find it is getting any easier. Takes about 15 mins to get my breathing under control, then i start noticing my calves hurting . Any runners out there know if this could be my shoes ? They are fairly new and are proper running shoes, but they dont have a big spongy sole.
Or is this just standard for a 56 yr old who hasnt run for 30 years ? 

10 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I am still running. 2 months now. Only between 4-5 km , 2-3 times a week , takes me 32 minutes. I dont really enjoy it but feel better afterwards. 
I have absolutely no desire to increase the distance as I dont find it is getting any easier. Takes about 15 mins to get my breathing under control, then i start noticing my calves hurting . Any runners out there know if this could be my shoes ? They are fairly new and are proper running shoes, but they dont have a big spongy sole.
Or is this just standard for a 56 yr old who hasnt run for 30 years ? 

That's decent, don't let anyone scoff. 30 days of yoga was proper hard going . I've had a bit of garden graft over the last couple of weeks, promoting this feckin book and writing again. But looking like back to work some time next week for me, so party's fuckin over! 

14 hours ago, slasher said:

That's decent, don't let anyone scoff. 30 days of yoga was proper hard going . I've had a bit of garden graft over the last couple of weeks, promoting this feckin book and writing again. But looking like back to work some time next week for me, so party's fuckin over! 

😂 I am under no illusion, I am never going to run a marathon or even 10k, but 4-5 k is better than nothing. 
Well done on the yoga, 30 days is quite an achievement. I tried yoga years ago but I could not get into it.  I chucked it the week the instructor had the class down on all fours , asking us to lift our head and roar like a lion.

Getting one of these bad boys from the local pub tonight. It contains 5 pints of draught lager. A couple of daiquiris for Mrs Slasher as well to get our friends zoom birthday party going. I will post a drunken review later 🍻

Screenshot_20200523_150247.jpg

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Getting one of these bad boys from the local pub tonight. It contains 5 pints of draught lager. A couple of daiquiris for Mrs Slasher as well to get our friends zoom birthday party going. I will post a drunken review later 🍻

Screenshot_20200523_150247.jpg

I was getting 2L bottles of draught Dom my Auntie & Uncles garden bar over the back from me. It tasted brilliant, 10x better than a can or bottle, but alas, we’ve drunk them dry and no more kegs can be ordered 😬

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I was getting 2L bottles of draught Dom my Auntie & Uncles garden bar over the back from me. It tasted brilliant, 10x better than a can or bottle, but alas, we’ve drunk them dry and no more kegs can be ordered 😬

I carried them home from the pub with all the tender loving care you would give to a new born baby 😍

Just had my first yin, no bad once you get the hang of pouring from a pressurised container 👍

I'm bored. Positivity.. My 7 month old Labrador has been spoiled rotten. My wife working from home, and me off every second week. Training "Wallace" has been great. Spending time everyday training him. He is now 70lbs😳. The walking him all the time has helped my fat belly a wee bit... 🤣

The fuck .........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-52843846

In a sex fantasy gone wrong, two men with machetes entered the wrong house in New South Wales, Australia, before quickly realising their error.

One of them has now been acquitted of entering a home armed with a weapon in July 2019, Australian media report.

They had been hired to carry out a client's fantasy of being tied up in his underwear and stroked with a broom.

The judge concluded that "the facts of the case are unusual".

The role play was arranged over Facebook by a man near Griffith, New South Wales, who provided his address to the hired pair.

"He was willing to pay A$5,000 if it was 'really good'," the judge said.

However, the client moved to another address 50km (30 miles) away without updating the two men. They then entered a home on the street of the original address.

When the resident noticed a light on in his kitchen at 06:15, he assumed it was a friend who came by daily to make morning coffee.

When they realised their error, one of the pair said "Sorry, mate" and shook the resident's hand, according to local reports.

The two men then drove to the correct address, where the client noticed one man had a "great big knife" in his trousers.

The client then cooked bacon, eggs and noodles, and a short time later, the police arrived at the property and arrested the hired pair.

The judge ruled that evidence did not suggest the men's actions were intentional.

"They carried the machetes either as a prop or something to use in that fantasy," he said.

"The fantasy was unscripted and there was discretion as to how it would be carried out."

A lawyer for Terrence Leroy, one of the accused, said: "It was a commercial agreement to tie up and stroke a semi-naked man in his underpants with a broom. Entry was not with intent to intimidate."

• 10 months later...

Think we need to reintroduce this thread there is far too much moaning on here.

Almost a year since the last post on this thread. Today however I saw the first sure sign that things are finally getting back to normal. 

Walking down Argyle St and the Bolan/Bowie busker is back , murdering his way through their back catalogue like he has never been away. Next to him a wee pensioner in her purple anorak and face mask, shaking her hips like  to ‘ I Love To Boogie’ like there was no tomorrow .

You have got to love Glasgow ❤️

24 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Think we need to reintroduce this thread there is far too much moaning on here.

Almost a year since the last post on this thread. Today however I saw the first sure sign that things are finally getting back to normal. 

Walking down Argyle St and the Bolan/Bowie busker is back , murdering his way through their back catalogue like he has never been away. Next to him a wee pensioner in her purple anorak and face mask, shaking her hips like  to ‘ I Love To Boogie’ like there was no tomorrow .

You have got to love Glasgow ❤️

Folk moaning about other folk moaning? It'll never catch on. ;)