Positivity - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just now, slasher said:

The feedback has been really encouraging so far and I'm pleasantly surprised to see its sold a few in Oz and the States. 

Thanks RH. I'll have a look at that in a few days. I'm taking a bit of a break from it just now as I think I was becoming a bit obsessive over it. 

Just went to door Jim.  It was outside!!!  So got it now pal.  Will start it tonight.  After a couple of Glenlivets mind!  Now that Parklife is back I need to have a drink before I post.  Scotland Forever!!

Anyone got the local kids drawing in chalk over all the pavements or is that just my local bit ?

Ach I don't begrudge them a bit of fun.

Mind you I did notice on a walk through a neighbouring street recently that someone had written in coloured chalk on the pavement:

"Posh hoor lives at No. 54"

On 5/8/2020 at 8:59 PM, slasher said:

Just thought I would post a wee update. It's sold about 300 copies in a week. I've no idea if that's good or not but I'm well chuffed. I've mostly been marketing on Facebook as I think my generation have kinda taken over that. Beyond this I'm struggling a bit. Any ideas are welcome. I should add that this really is not a money making exercise (£2.49 a book) , it's about getting a dying story out there. 

Ps thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it ❤️

Forgot all about this, just bought it in paperback from amazon 👍🏽

23 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Forgot all about this, just bought it in paperback from amazon 👍🏽

Cheers m8, coincidentally today is the 29th anniversary of Motherwell F C's Cup win of 1991 which has a prominent place in the book. 

Anyway, hope you enjoy! 

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

Cheers m8, coincidentally today is the 29th anniversary of Motherwell F C's Cup win of 1991 which has a prominent place in the book. 

Anyway, hope you enjoy! 

Looking forward to it 👍🏽

Just as a wee further update for anyone who might be interested. It's sold near 500 so far which I'm very happy about. We've done nothing on the marketing front for about a week as frankly with all the other shit I've got going on was becoming exhausting. 

We'll get back into it again this week and I guess maybe this next phase will decide what kind of shelf life it has short term. Longer term the 30th anniversary (2022) of the closure will be another opportunity to push it again. 

Anyway thanks to everyone who has supported me no matter what club gets your hard earned ST money x

Edited by slasher

39 minutes ago, phart said:

500 sales is actually really, really, high for first time and no publishing house behind you etc.

We'll that's encouraging, although as you can gather we are hoofing it. However 500 sales in15 days isnae bad, hence maybe Amazon actually taking an interest now, although I'm sure that's probably generic digital stuff I don't know about. Anyway I'm always open to advice. 

48 minutes ago, phart said:

500 sales is actually really, really, high for first time and no publishing house behind you etc.

There you go lads n lassies, get in on ground zero and when the film or screenplay comes out I will call on all tambers as extras 🎥😂

Ye never know 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, slasher said:

There you go lads n lassies, get in on ground zero and when the film or screenplay comes out I will call on all tambers as extras 🎥😂

Ye never know 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

There’s approximately 22,900,000 books for sale on amazon, you’re sitting at 12,751 in the bestsellers. That’s something to tell the grandkids 😂

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

There’s approximately 22,900,000 books for sale on amazon, you’re sitting at 12,751 in the bestsellers. That’s something to tell the grandkids 😂

@McTeeko will be pure ragin that he has celebrity competition. 

9 hours ago, slasher said:

Ye never know 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

This has sold it for me. Copy now purchased. I want to be a steelwoman though not the tea lady. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

This has sold it for me. Copy now purchased. I want to be a steelwoman though not the tea lady. 

I will get you a full pack of tetley my darling!! You are going to have some xmas this year. If you can give me your first name I will get it inscribed on to the side of the iron x

33 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I will get you a full pack of tetley my darling!! You are going to have some xmas this year. If you can give me your first name I will get it inscribed on to the side of the iron x

By xmas I have your face imprinted on the plate of the iron. 

42 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

You always have to take the positives out of a bad situation, and as a wee Jambo, the wee man did this ‘news report’ as part of his home-schooling yesterday 😆

Fake news. 

The “reporter” and the “fan” were the same kid, typical Scottish media........

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Like the iron. You are warming to me. Stand on. I am at boots as we speak. Deodorant before we meet up. Didnt know that still sold brut. Sell bye date is October 1990. Will that be ok?

She told you to meet her at Boots? Classic Glasgow dizzy corner, well played Mrs T.

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

I’m just hoping that by the time Slasher does his first book signing he has had a better haircut! 😆

It's taking a wee bit longer to 'even out' than I would have hoped 😳

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Feck off you, you’re a Supporter of the Mighty Paisley Saints.

Slasher, you should be giving TDYER commission as she messaged our wee Whassap group and I’m sure everyone on there I’ll buy it ( all 4 of us 😂).

Just purchased it, particularly looking forward to the chapter “The truth about Rossy and me”.

Joking aside all the best nothing but admiration for you, the old saying “we all have a book in us”, but to actually do it is fantastic.

50 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Feck off you, you’re a Supporter of the Mighty Paisley Saints.

Slasher, you should be giving TDYER commission as she messaged our wee Whassap group and I’m sure everyone on there I’ll buy it ( all 4 of us 😂).

Just purchased it, particularly looking forward to the chapter “The truth about Rossy and me”.

Joking aside all the best nothing but admiration for you, the old saying “we all have a book in us”, but to actually do it is fantastic.

Stop telling everyone I only have 4 friends 😡 You are just in my wee diddy whatsapp group , I have a much bigger one.