Positivity - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

20 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

Got home all right from broome Australia then down to Perth then Heathrow apparently that was the last Qantas flight to leave Perth for many weeks so a wee bit lucky there stay safe folks 👍

you like Broome ?

had a bit of an end of the earth type feel when i was there for a month in 94 ; but loved the place

- was in Darwin & Kununnura before that , before  doing road trip to Perth

4 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

you like Broome ?

had a bit of an end of the earth type feel when i was there for a month in 94 ; but loved the place

- was in Darwin & Kununnura before that , before  doing road trip to Perth

Yes really quiet like the remoteness of it went last year as well so decided to go back stayed over in cable Beach this time really quiet just coming out of the wet season but never rained once in the 3 weeks I was there most days it was around 46+ nice wee breeze coming off the Indian Ocean some nice restaurants there and divers tavern over in cable beach unfortunately due to the coronavirus all the bars and restaurants closed about 9 days before I left there’s now a lockdown in the Kimberly region only essential workers allowed in as much as I like broome had visions on being stuck there for months due to the coronavirus. ps that’s some drive you did from Perth to broome 

FD6AFABC-9E3F-4A9A-ABA4-8C31B04D1C05.jpeg

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Went out for an early morning run on Saturday and Sunday. Also did some jobs around the garden yesterday. Felt better for it .

I mentioned on some thread I went  for a run ( well more of a jog) on Friday and agree it definitely helps. I have been aching the past 2 days though and didnt manage out but will go again later today.
This weather has been a godsend for getting out , can you imagine what it would be like if the weather was how it was 3 weeks ago.   

Im back to work, which helps a lot, but also in the middle of directing and producing a short video of all the kids from the football team, playing social distance football, it’s a load of pish really, but already clipped 5 videos together and my boy thinks it’s funny.

If I’ve got permission from all the parents, I’ll post it on here when it’s finished, may even make a guest appearance myself.......

On 3/30/2020 at 3:12 AM, TDYER63 said:

I mentioned on some thread I went  for a run ( well more of a jog) on Friday and agree it definitely helps. I have been aching the past 2 days though and didnt manage out but will go again later today.
This weather has been a godsend for getting out , can you imagine what it would be like if the weather was how it was 3 weeks ago.   

went for a jog few days back - didnt last long tho.... is -11 here and frigid - spring here like winter in UK typically....

2 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

went for a jog few days back - didnt last long tho.... is -11 here and frigid - spring here like winter in UK typically....

Minus 11! I am not surprised you didnt last long. Thats cold even for scottish winters. Well done on making an effort. Where are you ? 

I tried the Joe Wicks youtube exercise thing today. Its meant for kids but I gave it a go. My husband and I must have looked ridiculous bunny hopping across the living room with our hands on our heads imitating bunny rabbit ears. 
I struggled with Spiderman lunges and couldnt get the co-ordination quite right  on my karate kid jumps. Other than that I quite enjoyed it. 
Not as invigorating as a run though. 

Good friend of mine diagnosed with coronavirus last week. He has underlying health conditions. I was really worried, couldn't get hold of him, txt, phone calls no reply for day's, began to think the worse. Messaged me tonight, all's well. He said it was like 'woman's flu' (whatever that is?) he also said 'don't believe the hype'. I know each case is different, just delighted he is ok.

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Minus 11! I am not surprised you didnt last long. Thats cold even for scottish winters. Well done on making an effort. Where are you ? 

I tried the Joe Wicks youtube exercise thing today. Its meant for kids but I gave it a go. My husband and I must have looked ridiculous bunny hopping across the living room with our hands on our heads imitating bunny rabbit ears. 
I struggled with Spiderman lunges and couldnt get the co-ordination quite right  on my karate kid jumps. Other than that I quite enjoyed it. 
Not as invigorating as a run though. 

Calgary - ive heard of joe wicks thing so maybe give it a go - i invented a pretty lame circuit training sesh for kids/teens  -not that impressed ; especially the walmart inflatable punchbag.....

18 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

My local is doing surreptitious deliveries of ale (four pints of their homebrew for a tenner). I have a half drunk bottle of Laphroaig to accompany it as well so my short-term coping mechanism is in place. 

What do you mean by surreotitious? Like not letting the wife find out. ;)

For 23 years I have worked in offices with next to no natural light. I have never really thought anything about it as have been used to it.

I have been working from home for 3 weeks now and my desk is at the window. What a difference it makes to look out and see light and nature. Even had a bumblebee welcome me to my desk this morning .
I found the first week working from home very stressful, but am now quite enjoying it. 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

For 23 years I have worked in offices with next to no natural light. I have never really thought anything about it as have been used to it.

I have been working from home for 3 weeks now and my desk is at the window. What a difference it makes to look out and see light and nature. Even had a bumblebee welcome me to my desk this morning .
I found the first week working from home very stressful, but am now quite enjoying it. 

Just wait until you have to go back. No more bumblebees.

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Aye, it's good when the weather's nice. I've worked from home for over a decade. I choose my laptop based on how well the screen works in bright sunlight, as i'm out in the garden with it during the summer.

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Just wait until you have to go back. No more bumblebees.

A second bumblebee appeared on the window a short time after the first one. I wasn't so happy to see that one.  They were both inside the house and I had no idea where they came from as all the windows were closed.

I was on a call to a client when the second one appeared , it dropped off the window onto the floor and was slowly crawling towards me. I was trying to buy Eur 40 k from the client at the time. I had to 
put my mobile phone on the desk with the client holding  on  , and run to get a glass. 

Every year we are plagued by insects that sting ( you may recall Mr Tidy’s hornet trap) . The idea of a bees hive in the house whilst in isolation is not a pleasant distraction. Thankfully no more have appeared 🐝🐝🐝