Positivity - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 hours ago, slasher said:

Ive written a book about the experiences of a group steelworkers as they hurtle towards the spectre of redundancy. It also tells of how they come out the other side with varying degrees of success, failure and downright tragedy. 

There's a bit of fitba in there (old firm game and Motherwell's famous cup win in '91). Its mostly about relationships, drinking and shagging. 

Ive had offers from a number of partnership/vanity publishers but to date I've turned them all down although one was really tempting. I won't bore you with the details of trying to get published but to get published with any mainstream publisher you need an agent. Not only that but you have to woo said agent...... it's not easy. 

The easy alternative is to self publish and that's what I'm going to do. I just need to redraft and some stuff will have to come out for copyright /legal reasons. 

I could take an offer but I wouldn't make any money and I really believe in it and think it could do reasonably well. Another factor in delay was the fact that a friend was supposed be adapting it for screenplay for me. He's kind of let me down in that respect after I waited months on him doing it...... my mistake 😞

I wish you all the best of course, but I‘ll not been reading your fucking book 😡 😉

4 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I wish you all the best of course, but I‘ll not been reading your fucking book 😡 😉

Haha sorry bud! Painful memory but console yourself with having been involved in one of the best Scottish Cup finals ever? 

Letting the kids play the playstation in the living room tonight and the 4 of us are going to get a few games of sonic. Will crack open a few cloudy strongbows and a bit of Oasis live once they're in bed.  Making the most of a shite situation tonight at least then need to decide if I'm going to let them see my elderly mum on sunday for mother's day.

5 minutes ago, Newryrep said:

to reciprocate Ersatz Thistle post on YBIG best wishes to  the  TAMB from YBIG, here's hoping things get back to normal as soon as possible and we can all get back to talking rubbish

I don't think that'll ever really stop on the TAMB 😆

3 hours ago, slasher said:

If any gym types have any YouTube home work outs they could recommend I'd be interested. I don't have any equipment at home though. I reckon I've another 2 shifts in the garden left before I'm kind of stuck. Not because there's nothing else to do but I'd be at the stage of having to get skips delivered, visiting b&q etc and that ain't happening. 

Maybe not quite what you’re looking for, but may get some links from it on Monday. 

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Letting the kids play the playstation in the living room tonight and the 4 of us are going to get a few games of sonic. Will crack open a few cloudy strongbows and a bit of Oasis live once they're in bed.  Making the most of a shite situation tonight at least then need to decide if I'm going to let them see my elderly mum on sunday for mother's day.

Sonics a fud. Mario would destroy him any day of the week. 

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Tough call m8 but I'm going to suggest not. Does she have Skype? 

22 hours ago, Orraloon said:

UV light is quite good at killing viruses. Get yer kit aff and do some sunbathing. 

Aye but the big virus out there that Irnbruman has is stronger than my wee cold virus. I dont want it chasing me round my garden like Benny Hill. 

Seen two Buzzards this morning hovering above the gaff. I've been hearing them for months but never seen them and then this morning there were a huge amount of crows going mental with a couple of buzzards just scoping things out above.

My positive outlook has taken a battering over the last 48 hours but gna try and lift myself today. Going to try and Skype all my nearest and dearest tonight, have a nice dinner and some good wine. 

Happy Mothers day to all the great Mums out there ❤️

9 minutes ago, Mox said:

Seen two Buzzards this morning hovering above the gaff. I've been hearing them for months but never seen them and then this morning there were a huge amount of crows going mental with a couple of buzzards just scoping things out above.

Glad you mentioned this. My car has been parked for a week under a tree where birds nest. If I dont move it the car will be covered in shit pretty soon . We get caught out every year.

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

My positive outlook has taken a battering over the last 48 hours but gna try and lift myself today. Going to try and Skype all my nearest and dearest tonight, have a nice dinner and some good wine. 

❤️ X

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Are you sure they weren't golden eagles?

1 hour ago, slasher said:

My positive outlook has taken a battering over the last 48 hours...

After what you've been through, it's only natural, mate.

Things will get better.

Promise.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

... but gna try and lift myself today. Going to try and Skype all my nearest and dearest tonight, have a nice dinner and some good wine. 

Nice one!