Positivity - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Slasher, I think we had a disagreement at some point but accept my best wishes for you and yours. My mother is 92,Β suffers with dementia and is suffering. She lives near my sister but 200 miles from me and I can’t get to see her this weekend because of this shite. This is a good thread. I’ve just been to an empty Tesco but came back with a couple of bottles of the red stuff. Cheers 🍷

Mrs Tidy. If I didn’t like the sound of MrΒ Tidy quite so much, we’d be spooning right this minute πŸ˜€

I was in Tesco earlier too and came away with very little, but it may be a blessing as the kids will have to eat stuff they don’t normally have. I was lucky enough to get the last 4 bottles of Lost Lager (any lager for that matter) and a guy came in behind me and belted out β€œ for fuck sake, now we’re really in trouble” and stomped away in a huff 🀣

Β 

54 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

This is a good thread. I’ve just been to an empty Tesco but came back with a couple of bottles of the red stuff. Cheers 🍷

Mrs Tidy. If I didn’t like the sound of MrΒ Tidy quite so much, we’d be spooning right this minute πŸ˜€

Gee thanks. Β You sure you haven't already necked your 2 bottles ofΒ red ? πŸ™‚Β 

I will let Mr Tidy know he has a fan , he is a bit depressed.Β He is still trying to come to terms with the factΒ he hasΒ wasted Β£1Β Β onΒ a charity trip to Tanzania that clearly isnt going to happen.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Out of interest @slasher, what are you writing about?

Ive written a book about the experiences of a group steelworkers as they hurtle towards the spectre of redundancy. It also tells of how they come out the other side with varying degrees of success, failure and downright tragedy.Β 

There's a bit of fitba in there (old firm game and Motherwell's famous cup win in '91). Its mostly about relationships, drinking and shagging.Β 

Ive had offers from a number of partnership/vanity publishers but to date I've turned them all down although one was really tempting. I won't bore you with the details of trying to get published but to get published with any mainstream publisher you need an agent. Not only that but you have to woo said agent...... it's not easy.Β 

The easy alternative is to self publish and that's what I'm going to do. I just need to redraft and some stuff will have to come out for copyright /legal reasons.Β 

I could take an offer but I wouldn't make any money and I really believe in it and think it could do reasonably well. Another factor in delay was the fact that a friend was supposed be adapting it for screenplay for me. He's kind of let me down in that respect after I waited months on him doing it...... my mistake 😞

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Ive written a book about the experiences of a group steelworkers as they hurtle towards the spectre of redundancy. It also tells of how they come out the other side with varying degrees of success, failure and downright tragedy.Β 

There's a bit of fitba in there (old firm game and Motherwell's famous cup win in '91). Its mostly about relationships, drinking and shagging.Β 

Ive had offers from a number of partnership/vanity publishers but to date I've turned them all down although one was really tempting. I won't bore you with the details of trying to get published but to get published with any mainstream publisher you need an agent. Not only that but you have to woo said agent...... it's not easy.Β 

The easy alternative is to self publish and that's what I'm going to do. I just need to redraft and some stuff will have to come out for copyright /legal reasons.Β 

I could take an offer but I wouldn't make any money and I really believe in it and think it could do reasonably well. Another factor in delay was the fact that a friend was supposed be adapting it for screenplay for me. He's kind of let me down in that respect after I waited months on him doing it...... my mistake 😞

Sounds interesting. Keep us updated, I do like a good book πŸ‘πŸ½

On a positive note for me . Had a message from my son that he’s gone to Glasgow to stay with his girlfriend for the foreseeable which I think is good.Β 
I live down south and it has been notable that my good friend who I have a meal with most nights and she works as a home care visitor has had zilch updates in the past weeks. No masks, hand sanitizers or instruction other than to keep distance from clients who rely on their visits for personal hands on care ! This is a private company serving clients through NHS contracts, most aptly named Westminster. She feels worried that because her and colleagues are not to be tested for the virus they may be the ones endangering the very people they work to keep well .Β 
pros and cons there. Most people are conscientious and don’t trust WestminsterΒ 

Its been really sunny for 3 days in a row .
Even thoughΒ i havent managed out as I have a cold and need to work from home, its been uplifting to look out to some sun.

Β A few degrees warmer and this virus will be shittingΒ itself. We could do with a repeat of last easter .Β 

20 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Even thoughΒ i havent managed out as I have a cold and need to work from home, its been uplifting to look out to some sun.

Β A few degrees warmer and this virus will be shittingΒ itself. We could do with a repeat of last easter .Β 

UV light is quite good at killing viruses. Get yer kit aff and do some sunbathing.

35 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Read that this virus doesn’t survive above temperatures of 27c that’s 81 degreesΒ 

14 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

UV light is quite good at killing viruses. Get yer kit aff and do some sunbathing.

πŸ˜‚

Ive been oot the back knocking fuck out of a shed today. It was quite enjoyable but I'm knackered now. A few glasses of Chianti tonight I think and an early night πŸ‘

16 hours ago, slasher said:

Sounds interesting that mate.Β 

I'm afraid gonna have to introduce some negativity into this. Ive had the symptoms since Wednesday so self-isolating for 7 days as I live on my own. I already know my eldest daughter has been sufferingΒ far moreΒ than me (she is 31 no underlying issues) I'm 58 but relatively fit from playing excessive amounts of golf courses. Ive got 2 colleaguesΒ  doing the same job as me - one is recovering and the other still suffering. We are all in different locations. Symptoms all relatively similar with the common one being restricted breathing due to a tight chest. I can breathe normally but cant take a big breathΒ  - just try to every so often to exercise the lungs. Other symptoms -dry persistent cough and occasionally feverish but body is very warm (don't have a thermometer). Apparently 4 out of 5Β  just get mild symptoms - so fingers crossed -I'm still able to work from home (key worker on the DWP payments system) but just feel a Β bit under the weather. Because I have a tight chest - you can see where people with poor health are really going to suffer from this.

The negativity I feel comes from feeling the suffering of others - both people suffering badly healthwise andΒ or economically.Β 

Plus Boris Johnson and co seem to treat this as a bit of joke and have been constantly fudging in relation to society's needs -I ie fucking about with supplies to NHS and people's jobs are fucked. Don't even start with Donald Trump -fuck me what a fucking moron even worse than Johnson.

Β 

Β 

Edited by irnbruman

πŸ˜‚

Ive been oot the back knocking fuck out of a shed today. It was quite enjoyable but I'm knackered now. A few glasses of Chianti tonight I think and an early night πŸ‘

I know his Rangers chat could be a bit much at times but that seems a bit extreme......:wink2:

23 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Β 

If any gym types have any YouTube home work outs they could recommend I'd be interested. I don't have any equipment at home though. I reckon I've another 2 shifts in the garden left before I'm kind of stuck. Not because there's nothing else to do but I'd be at the stage of having to get skips delivered, visiting b&q etc and that ain't happening.Β 

1 hour ago, irnbruman said:

I'm afraid gonna have to introduce some negativity into this. Ive had the symptoms since Wednesday so self-isolating for 7 days as I live on my own. I already know my eldest daughter has been sufferingΒ far moreΒ than me (she is 31 no underlying issues) I'm 58 but relatively fit from playing excessive amounts of golf courses. Ive got 2 colleaguesΒ  doing the same job as me - one is recovering and the other still suffering. We are all in different locations. Symptoms all relatively similar with the common one being restricted breathing due to a tight chest. I can breathe normally but cant take a big breathΒ  - just try to every so often to exercise the lungs. Other symptoms -dry persistent cough and occasionally feverish but body is very warm (don't have a thermometer). Apparently 4 out of 5Β  just get mild symptoms - so fingers crossed -I'm still able to work from home (key worker on the DWP payments system) but just feel a Β bit under the weather. Because I have a tight chest - you can see where people with poor health are really going to suffer from this.

The negativity I feel comes from feeling the suffering of others - both people suffering badly healthwise andΒ or economically.Β 

Plus Boris Johnson and co seem to treat this as a bit of joke and have been constantly fudging in relation to society's needs -I ie fucking about with supplies to NHS and people's jobs are fucked. Don't even start with Donald Trump -fuck me what a fucking moron even worse than Johnson.

Β 

Β 

Please keep us updated on your progress, although maybe on the corona thread. I'm sure you're going to be fine and then you can post of your recovery on here.Β 

Best of luck bud and God bless ❀️

1 hour ago, irnbruman said:

Β 

Β 

So sorry to hear that. But thanks for sharing. It's a help to understand what the symptoms are like. And as slasher says you can also track your recovery. All the best mate :ok:.Β 

2 hours ago, slasher said:

πŸ˜‚

As long as it wasn't at Tannadice ! 😊

If any gym types have any YouTube home work outs they could recommend I'd be interested. I don't have any equipment at home though. I reckon I've another 2 shifts in the garden left before I'm kind of stuck. Not because there's nothing else to do but I'd be at the stage of having to get skips delivered, visiting b&q etc and that ain't happening.Β 

just google some bodyweight exercises but watch out, i did lunges and squats 2 days ago and now hobbling about with fucked legs. It didn't feel so bad at the time either been stretching them out last 48 hours and still feel sore.

Β