Positivity - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

My Mrs knows a lady who has just recovered from the virus. Said she had a bit of a cough, fever and was pretty tired but that although it was a pain in the arse she’s had worse hangovers πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Sounds like Barnhill is the new epicenter.Β 

Our work has been utter bedlam the last few days (travel company).Β  Was driving home last night and seen a boy who works on the same floor as me walking in the pishing rain so I stopped and gave him a lift to his train station.Β  Was all chuffed with myself at my random act of kindness and didn't notice the massive puddle (small loch) on the road nor the oncoming cyclist who I subsequently drenched as I plowed through the puddle.Β Β :oops:Β  Good deed wiped out within about 90 seconds!

3 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Well I’ve (apparently) got a minimum of 3 months of this. Luckily I have my beer supply sorted although I’m banned from takeaways. MyΒ main positivity targets are:

I play chess a fair bit & have bought a training book so that I’m actually going to try & practice for the first time ever.Β 

Ive been learning Spanish for about 10 years. I’m averaging about a word a year at the moment so going to see if I can pick that up.Β 

I intend to impress my wife when she comes back that in fact the house has not become infected with rats not me with lice.Β 

Any two of those & I’ll feel like it was worth the effort.Β 

Try lichess.org free site for chess where you compete against similar standard opponents.

4 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Try lichess.org free site for chess where you compete against similar standard opponents.

Yes I’ve used that at times. Online, I mainly play through Playchess.com as when I’m weary of getting hammered there’s usually a grandmaster or two knocking around to watch.Β 

Having said that, I prefer over the board. I play district league & occasional regional league games. At least you know whoever you are playing isn’t using a computer to pick out tricky moves.Β 

Do you play much yourself?

50 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Yes I’ve used that at times. Online, I mainly play through Playchess.com as when I’m weary of getting hammered there’s usually a grandmaster or two knocking around to watch.Β 

Having said that, I prefer over the board. I play district league & occasional regional league games. At least you know whoever you are playing isn’t using a computer to pick out tricky moves.Β 

Do you play much yourself?

Logged as over 18 days total hoursΒ on lichee. My failing is playing too quick and if opponent is too slow I lose concentration.

3 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Logged as over 18 days total hoursΒ on lichee. My failing is playing too quick and if opponent is too slow I lose concentration.

It's easy to do online...the time control makes it easy to muck up. In real-world games, I'm a pretty slow player really, so not best suited to 5-minute games.

10 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

He’d never have survived the ’me too’ movement these days given his love of groping women which he liked to describe in some detail!

True, though hard to tell how much may have been consensual...Β 

10 hours ago, teecee- said:

I'm definitely going to have a look at that tomorrow as well as putting together some kind of routine for the kids πŸ‘

13 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm definitely going to have a look at that tomorrow as well as putting together some kind of routine for the kids πŸ‘

Something good might come out of this situation. One of your kids might growΒ up to beΒ a Grand Master.Β 

Hopefully not the orange variety.

12 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm going to call it a night on here, I've just about tanned the vino. If someone can educate me on posting tunes on the other thread I'd like to get involved in that tomorrow as well πŸ˜ƒ

Slasher, if I can do it anyone can. Just putΒ the song you want into google search and one of the searches will bring upΒ a you tube video. Play the video and when it starts ( might need to go through an advert first ) click the β€˜share β€˜ arrowΒ , thenΒ copy andΒ paste it onto your post.Β 
For example, if you were choosing Little old wine drinker me ( 😁) here is a photo of the youtube video.

Β B0AC0D5D-8727-4018-9FA5-6E212B8EBB4F.thumb.png.98e40f143d3874e976e1e3e30f484d33.png

My husband and I were in the pub last week before the Stereophonics gig. I may have mentioned before but he likes to count his pennies a bit.Β 
He said to meΒ Β β€˜ thats it, I am spending all my money, this virus is serious’ .

We were walking through the enclosed walkway between the train station and the SECCΒ Β a couple of hours later and there were a few school children collecting money for a charity trip to Tanzania. Husband puts his hand in his pocket and threw money into theΒ bucket. I was gobsmacked, he never does this without me nagging him.Β 

I said β€˜ you really must be worried about this virus’ .’

He said β€˜ I know, I had Β£1.10, normally i would just give them the 10p but I gave them Β Β£1 this time’ .Β 

He then opened his hand. He still had 10p in it ! He had kept that back !Β 

The positive side to this story is the kids got 90p more than they normally would have πŸ™„
Β 

Β 

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Something good might come out of this situation. One of your kids might growΒ up to beΒ a Grand Master.Β 

Hopefully not the orange variety.

Haha, that made me laugh!Β 

I didn't have time today as I had to make another hospital trip. I have however made a start in the garden, breaking up the ground and levelling it off. Fuckin back breaking but I felt good after it. Tomorrow I'm gonna finish that off and dismantle a shed! πŸ‘Š

Feel good story from me tonight.

Took the wee man over to the school pitches up the road for a kick about straight after school. Two full size pitches/six 7-a-side pitches - over 80 laddies playing fitba amongst themselves. No coaches, no drills, no cones or any of that official stuff for obvious reasons,Β just laddies outΒ playing the game like you’d see decades ago πŸ‘πŸΌβš½οΈ

On 3/18/2020 at 1:11 AM, slasher said:

As part of my lockdown I'm going to stay logged in and if any of you want a chat I'll dm u my number.Β 

It's time to look after each other on here. We can all go back to be being cool/edgy or whatever later? πŸ™…β€β™‚οΈ

Ok. I’ll give @Big Ramy 1314 a break just now, but I won’t last forever 😜

20 hours ago, slasher said:

Right now I'm having a very nice glass of Valipocella. It's going to be a test not to finish the bottle 🍷

Slasher, I think we had a disagreement at some point but accept my best wishes for you and yours. My mother is 92,Β suffers with dementia and is suffering. She lives near my sister but 200 miles from me and I can’t get to see her this weekend because of this shite. This is a good thread. I’ve just been to an empty Tesco but came back with a couple of bottles of the red stuff. Cheers 🍷

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

My husband and I were in the pub last week before the Stereophonics gig. I may have mentioned before but he likes to count his pennies a bit.Β 
He said to meΒ Β β€˜ thats it, I am spending all my money, this virus is serious’ .

We were walking through the enclosed walkway between the train station and the SECCΒ Β a couple of hours later and there were a few school children collecting money for a charity trip to Tanzania. Husband puts his hand in his pocket and threw money into theΒ bucket. I was gobsmacked, he never does this without me nagging him.Β 

I said β€˜ you really must be worried about this virus’ .’

He said β€˜ I know, I had Β£1.10, normally i would just give them the 10p but I gave them Β Β£1 this time’ .Β 

He then opened his hand. He still had 10p in it ! He had kept that back !Β 

The positive side to this story is the kids got 90p more than they normally would have πŸ™„
Β 

Β 

Mrs Tidy. If I didn’t like the sound of MrΒ Tidy quite so much, we’d be spooning right this minute πŸ˜€