Positivity - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I get everyone is consumed by what is going on just now.... Me too. 

But I'm opening this thread for people to post messages of hope or at least some uplifting spirit. 

Don't troll or take the piss.... unless it especially good 🤔

Anyway, I'll start. In a briefing the other day my boss mentioned, "sand hanitiser" 3 times. Either no other cunt noticed or I was the only one who had to leave the room with the giggles 🤣

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Could be a good time to try and finally complete football manager by winning the CL with Morton and World Cup with Scotland. 

Even as a relatively young healthy person this is a boot up the arse to prioritise health now and not tomorrow. 

A worthy aspiration on all counts. What age are u m8? U always came across as quite mature even if I didn't agree with you 🤔

20 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

As part of my lockdown I'm going to stay logged in and if any of you want a chat I'll dm u my number. 

It's time to look after each other on here. We can all go back to be being cool/edgy or whatever later? 🙅‍♂️

37 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Could be a good time to try and finally complete football manager by winning the CL with Morton and World Cup with Scotland. 

Even as a relatively young healthy person this is a boot up the arse to prioritise health now and not tomorrow. 

Like wise.

I've been stumping away at the piano so fine time to get good at and bone up on my Gàidhlig too ; plus record my album.

I'll end up doing none of that, but at least good to have lofty goals.

13 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Like wise.

I've been stumping away at the piano so fine time to get good at and bone up on my Gàidhlig too ; plus record my album.

Are you playing the piano out on the balcony?😃

I heard a clip on radio forth this morning of some guy down in Wales trying to start of community singing there,he started singing Queen and then about 3 lines in some guy shouts out shut the fuck up. 😂

15 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Like wise.

I'm going to refine my book before kindle release 👍

One wee tip before I crash out. Its easy to get trapped in into the 'bytheminute' news. Fuckin patch it, it's just gonnae stress u out! Stick to looking to news updates twice a day, spend the rest of your time validating your loved ones and fulfilment of the commitments u need to do for work or whatever. 

Good luck and God bless all of u ❤️

Don't know who wrote this but I thought it was bloody good.

Tae a virus

Twa months ago, we didna ken,
yer name or ocht aboot ye;
But lots of things have changed since then,
I really must salute ye.

Yer spreading rate is quite intense,
Yer feeding like a gannet;
Disruption caused, is so immense,
Ye’ve shaken oor wee planet.

Corona used tae be a beer,
They garnished it wae limes;
But noo it’s filled us a' wae fear,
These days are scary times.

Nae shakin hawns, or peckin lips,
It’s whit they a' advise;
But scrub them weel, richt tae the tips,
That’s how we’ll a' survive.

Just stay inside, the hoose, ye bide,
Nae sneakin' oot for strolls;
Just check the lavvy every hoor,
And stock-take your loo rolls.

Our holidays have been pit aff,
Noo that’s the Jet2 patter;
Pit oan yer thermals, have a laugh,
And paddle ‘ doon the waater. ‘

Canary isles, no for a while,
Nae need for suntan cream;
And a' because o' this wee bug,
We ken tae be..19.

The boredom surely will set in,
But have a read, or doodle;
Or plan yer menu for the month,
Wi' 95 pot noodles.

When these run oot, just look aboot,
A change, it would be nice;
We’ve beans and pasta by the ton,
And twenty stane o rice.

So dinny think yell wipe us oot,
Aye true, a few have died;
Bubonic, bird flu, and Tb
They came, they left, they tried.

Ye might be gallus noo ma freen,
As ye jump fae cup tae cup;
But when we get oor vaccine made,
Yer number will be up.

17 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Me and  the wife are finally having meaningful conversations after self isolating from each other at home for over 20 years. 🙂

Turns out my wife was redundant from woolworths

7 hours ago, slasher said:

I get everyone is consumed by what is going on just now.... Me too. 

But I'm opening this thread for people to post messages of hope or at least some uplifting spirit. 

Don't troll or take the piss.... unless it especially good 🤔

Anyway, I'll start. In a briefing the other day my boss mentioned, "sand hanitiser" 3 times. Either no other cunt noticed or I was the only one who had to leave the room with the giggles 🤣

Who are you and what have you done with Slasher?

19 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

My Mrs knows a lady who has just recovered from the virus. Said she had a bit of a cough, fever and was pretty tired but that although it was a pain in the arse she’s had worse hangovers 😂👍

Why were we never told that was one of the symptoms. I thought it was just bad piles. 

Well I’ve (apparently) got a minimum of 3 months of this. Luckily I have my beer supply sorted although I’m banned from takeaways. My main positivity targets are:

I play chess a fair bit & have bought a training book so that I’m actually going to try & practice for the first time ever. 

Ive been learning Spanish for about 10 years. I’m averaging about a word a year at the moment so going to see if I can pick that up. 

I intend to impress my wife when she comes back that in fact the house has not become infected with rats not me with lice. 

Any two of those & I’ll feel like it was worth the effort. 

Edited by Huddersfield

Read Samuel Pepys' diary, including how he coped living through the plague.

Or follow him on Twitter @samuelpepys

I think the main wave of the plague has passed, and the Great Fire was earlier this year, so it's more like normal business these days.

9 minutes ago, exile said:

Read Samuel Pepys' diary, including how he coped living through the plague.

Or follow him on Twitter @samuelpepys

I think the main wave of the plague has passed, and the Great Fire was earlier this year, so it's more like normal business these days.

He’d never have survived the ’me too’ movement these days given his love of groping women which he liked to describe in some detail!