Missing The Football ? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Missing The Football ?

bookerman

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fuck sake....🥺🥺🥺🥺. All I'm getting here in Ottawa is fuckin ice hockey rewinds.. Good thing I have a few Scottish films now to watch if I can figure out how to download them. I'm no the smartest knife  in the drawer when it comes to techy stuff..🥺

Smartest knife 😂

7 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

No photo description available.

Was not there, but that 2005 Norway game was the one that gave me hope again.   I don't think I've seen anyone in years in that light blue shirt, but fondly remember it for that game.

43 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Was not there, but that 2005 Norway game was the one that gave me hope again.   I don't think I've seen anyone in years in that light blue shirt, but fondly remember it for that game.

I had that shirt again but left it in a hotel in Paris accidentally. Had a tenner on Miller and 2-1 at 85/1 that night so remember it fondly.

13 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

That win in Oslo the best away performance for many a year and it really looked as though Walter Smith was the man.

Then we lost at home to Belarus in the next appalling match and our hopes for Germany 2006 were over.

4 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

That win in Oslo the best away performance for many a year and it really looked as though Walter Smith was the man.

Then we lost at home to Belarus in the next appalling match and our hopes for Germany 2006 were over.

think we scored an early kenny miller goal following schoolboy defending in the box from Norway

4 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

think we scored an early kenny miller goal following schoolboy defending in the box from Norway

Scotland played well and scored at the right times but we did ride our luck a bit.

Without checking the footage Norway had either a disallowed goal or strong penalty claim denied at 2-1.

12 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I doubt the SFA will be showing a 1928 game, but the BBC have a wee article on the Wembley Wizards today and on Alex Jackson in particular.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52089989

am always amazed there isnt much attention/coverage to the sweden 58 world cup - i read the book by Gary Imlach ; where his dad is playing - i have seen footage of the france game - was a narrow 2-1 defeat .... with superstar Just Fontaine scoring

15 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

Scotland played well and scored at the right times but we did ride our luck a bit.

Without checking the footage Norway had either a disallowed goal or strong penalty claim denied at 2-1.

It was actually after five minutes at 0-0 when the home side had the ball in the net but it was controversially ruled out.

Might well have changed the game as Miller gave us the lead soon afterwards.

That was the same night Northern Ireland defeated England and I recall quite a celebration in the Scotsman bar in Oslo.

Following the draw with Italy on the Saturday this was a great time of hope for Scotland fans - then along came Belarus.

15 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Looking back now there didn't seem much in their goal being chalked off. McFadden was lucky not to see red as well. 

McFadden could easily have been sent off in the France home game too (he has a wee kick out at Boumsong when he is already on a booking) and also in the Holland game (he hits a shot a good few seconds after the ref has blown for an offside, again when he is on a booking).

• 2 weeks later...

BT Sport have been doing some great Sporting films/docs several nights per week.  Ironically I just added BT Sport a few weeks before the postponement of the football season. Not just football though and some great ones in general that I've watched so far.

Cracker about Ch4 and the Italian Serie A in 90's with James Richardson, Gazza etc.

Golazo !!!

The ESPN 30 for 30 docs are excellent, even if you aren't a fan of the sport they are about. Learning about Bo Jackson and Dieon Sanders playing in the MLB and NFL at he same time was impressive.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that James Richardson wasn't a huge football fan and got the job on the basis he spoke Italian?

• 3 weeks later...