Missing The Football ? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Missing The Football ?

bookerman

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

Memories of that opening 10 minutes or so in that sunny North Stand :bouncy:

Missed them :(.   Stupid fuds broke the train banging on the doors.   Legged it down the road, hopped on and off a bus, climbed up to South Stand Upper (woohoo) about 5 mins in, but was burstin'.   Heard the cheer while havin' a piss and catering staff fell about as I stormed past towards my seat.

Enjoyed the rest, and shall watch the whole game for the first time ever shortly.

28 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Watched Craig Brown's 98 video diary last night and felt like crying with how much my generation has missed out on since then.

One thing i notice watching this, how much a tallyman Kevin Gallacher became that campain. looking it up 6 goals in 10 internatioanl in 1997 and only 3 in his other 50 odd caps and two and how crap the pitcure quilaty was in the 90s i cant remember it being that bad back then. 😄

I always thought the Ukraine game was much better than the previous game in Paris and was a much better game.

Remember thinking the next day in Paris that it was win or bust for the Ukraines chances and it would be a tough one.

What an incredible start and Hampden was bouncing. But it was back in the melting pot when they got one back.

I recall bumping into a mate at the interval when it was 2-1 and they were on top - we agreed if actually felt like we were losing at that point.

When Faddy broke away the stress was over and that Saturday night we were all convinced we were on our way the Euros with Georgia next in line.

2 hours ago, bookerman said:

One thing i notice watching this, how much a tallyman Kevin Gallacher became that campain. looking it up 6 goals in 10 internatioanl in 1997 and only 3 in his other 50 odd caps and two and how crap the pitcure quilaty was in the 90s i cant remember it being that bad back then. 😄

Dyslexia was rife back then too! 😁

On 3/19/2020 at 7:04 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

I'd quite like to see again in full:

2005: Norway 1 Scotland 2 

2005: Slovenia 0 Scotland 3

2006: Scotland 5 Bulgaria 1 

2007: Scotland 3 Lithuania 1

Yes! Would love to see the full Bulgaria game again. 

Probably the highlights I go back to on YouTube more than any other. Love that Chris Burke goal. 

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Western Sydney Wanderers v Sydney FC just started on BT sport. The A League is still being played behind closed doors. Jeezo I’ve missed football!

Cheers but I don't miss it that much😂

7 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Surely Paris 2007 will be in the next batch of games ?

2006 v France on today I think.

Also 9pm on Ch 4 tonight "Diego Maradona" film.
The guys of Sportsound were raving about it. Should be pretty good.

I caught the last half hour of the France game and was very surprised at how well we played in that game. It wasn't just a smash and grab that I always remembered. The team looked really up for it and battled for every ball whereas France looked uninterested and a shadow of their former selves. Our team was very limited but had some quality in centre midfield and David weir was an excellent centre half who was underrated. 

Edited by mccaughey85

Fuck sake....🥺🥺🥺🥺. All I'm getting here in Ottawa is fuckin ice hockey rewinds.. Good thing I have a few Scottish films now to watch if I can figure out how to download them. I'm no the smartest knife  in the drawer when it comes to techy stuff..🥺