Your first ever match watching your team. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your first ever match watching your team.

I don’t know, for some reason never thought to ask my dad.

Been going to fir park since about 1986. Earliest I can date is an away game I was I suspect it will have been my 1st. A 3-0 defeat at Brockville in 87/88 season.

Wasn’t the last time I heard the words “that’s it, I’ll not be back” 😂

March 1993. Was a ball boy at pittodrie when Jess broke his leg against Clydebank in the cup. 

1-1 draw. 

Didn’t get the chance to go to Pittodrie as a kid as my dad played football all through our childhood, started going with my pals in 1994 the season that Aberdeen beat Blackburn in a friendly. Could’ve been the first game in front of the RDS. 

2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Huddersfield 4 West Ham 2, FA Cup 5th Round, Feb. 1972. I can still remember Frankie, Frankie's goal like it was yesterday. This game turned out to be the last game we ever won as a top flight team until 2017.

Classic footage, what a pitch!

Huddersfield never won again after February?!!!

Went to a Killie v Queen's Park reserve game. Finished 0-0.

However my first proper game was v Alloa in the old First Division,  December 77.

Killie won 3-1. 2 goals from Colin Stein, Donnie McDowell got the other.  Stein was loaned from Rangers after Killie striker Ian Fallis was killed in a car crash.

31 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Classic footage, what a pitch!

Huddersfield never won again after February?!!!

We didn’t. It was the start of a catastrophic crash for us. By 1975 we were in the 4th division (first ever ex-league champions to end up there). We were relegated with Nottingham Forest who were European champions while we were losing to Halifax Town. 

Domestically - East Fife 'away' (We lived in Fife then) July (ish) 71 - Cup from memory - 3 0 The Famous ;) 

European - Spurs at Pittodrie - Late 73 - 1 each draw - Gilzean or Coates (?) scored for Spurs, and I was in the car heading home when we equalised from the spot....

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

March 1993. Was a ball boy at pittodrie when Jess broke his leg against Clydebank in the cup. 

1-1 draw. 

Didn’t get the chance to go to Pittodrie as a kid as my dad played football all through our childhood, started going with my pals in 1994 the season that Aberdeen beat Blackburn in a friendly. Could’ve been the first game in front of the RDS. 

The replay was probably one of the best games I remember.  Drove from Ayr to Clydebank the day before the game just to see where was best to park.

23 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

First away game was a 5-0 pumping at Ibrox when we still had a reasonable support allowed. 

Pie thrown all over my new Ben Sherman shirt too. 

Arseholes. 

Aye, I was there for a Scottish cup tie in 1993, we used to get and fill the bottom tier of the broomloan.

Mccoist scored a late winner to do us out a replay.

edit: it was michailachenko in 1992

Edited by sbcmfc
Duff info.

13 hours ago, dandydunn said:

First away game was a 5-0 pumping at Ibrox when we still had a reasonable support allowed. 

Pie thrown all over my new Ben Sherman shirt too. 

Arseholes. 

I got stoated with a pie once too. The good old days in the Broomloan Front. 

Edited by Toepoke

27-10-99 - Celtic 0-1 Motherwell

Barnes was the manager, Larrson had broke his leg the week before and we paraded Ian Wright at half-time.  We were dreadful and I've had a strong dislike for Motherwell ever since.  

I went to the match a few days later against Killie -

30-10-99 - Celtic 5-1 Kilmarnock

We were 1-0 down at half-time but were excellent in the second half with Viduka getting a hat-trick and Wright scoring on his debut.

I had the same seat for both games which was behind of of the goals.  All 7 goals were scored in the opposite net.  

9 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

27-10-99 - Celtic 0-1 Motherwell

Barnes was the manager, Larrson had broke his leg the week before and we paraded Ian Wright at half-time.  We were dreadful and I've had a strong dislike for Motherwell ever since.  

I went to the match a few days later against Killie -

We were 1-0 down at half-time but were excellent in the second half with Viduka getting a hat-trick and Wright scoring on his debut.

I had the same seat for both games which was behind of of the goals.  All 7 goals were scored in the opposite net.  

I remember that Motherwell game, Kevin twaddle with the goal midweek game?

14 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

That game changed when the ref shat the bed and sent Martin Baker off for fuck all.