Lyndon Dykes - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lyndon Dykes

andyD

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Well it comes down to opinions. Most on here agree that mcburnie has been terrible for Scotland. We should have a poll up of who we want up front for this game. I can guarantee it won't mcburnie. 

I'm not disputing that McBurnie hasn't been great in his (very limited) time on the park... 

... What I'm disputing is the absolute nonsense of writing him off and at the same time inviting absolute nobodies like Lyndon Dykes into the fold. 

15 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'm not disputing that McBurnie hasn't been great in his (very limited) time on the park... 

... What I'm disputing is the absolute nonsense of writing him off and at the same time inviting absolute nobodies like Lyndon Dykes into the fold. 

Yeh well tbf I haven't totally written off mcburnie and I believe he deserves some more chances to impress in the future but I defo want Griffiths starting this upcoming game/s. 

Guest ElChris04
4 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

What makes you think he's the better defender? Keeping absolutely nobody at bay whilst at celtic or his very limited time on the pitch at Arsenal? 

are you on the wind up? 😂

so you’ve watched all 102 apps for Celtic including his performances that got him in countless team of the group stages in the champions & europa league, Aswell as motm performances,  and decided he can’t defend and apparently “kept absolutely nobody at bay”....

There’s a reason he’s currently Scotland’s most expensive transfer of all time and probably for a very long time for a fullback.. there’s also a reason he broke countless records at club level. and Strachan having faith in him at 19 years old to play him out of position and put in a fine shift at right back. Robertson is the better modern attacking fullback and going forward, but Tierney is far better than Robertson defensively. 

It isn’t under the borderline of others supporting his boyhood club, I could easily flip the same argument on yourself with the consistent amount of excuses for McBurnie been absolutely woeful and trying to overplay current celtic Scotland internationals being shite. Griffiths against Belgium for example and now Tierney apparently can’t defend despite it being his best attribute...but it proves zero help to any debate bar a dig to the person in the conversation. 

if your going to call out folk talking shite, make sure you’re not also chatting it. 

Edited by ElChris04

17 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

are you on the wind up? 😂

so you’ve watched all 102 apps for Celtic including his performances that got him in countless team of the group stages in the champions & europa league, Aswell as motm performances,  and decided he can’t defend and apparently “kept absolutely nobody at bay”....

There’s a reason he’s currently Scotland’s most expensive transfer of all time and probably for a very long time for a fullback.. there’s also a reason he broke countless records at club level. and Strachan having faith in him at 19 years old to play him out of position and put in a fine shift at right back. Robertson is the better modern attacking fullback and going forward, but Tierney is far better than Robertson defensively. 

It isn’t under the borderline of others supporting his boyhood club, I could easily flip the same argument on yourself with the consistent amount of excuses for McBurnie been absolutely woeful and trying to overplay current celtic Scotland internationals being shite. Griffiths against Belgium for example and now Tierney apparently can’t defend despite it being his best attribute...but it proves zero help to any debate bar a dig to the person in the conversation. 

if your going to call out folk talking shite, make sure you’re not also chatting it. 

A Cellic man, nae doubt about it

Tiernwy a better defender than robertson, wow. Do people genuinely believe this?

As for tierney being the most exepnaive scottish player........so was burke at one point.

Tierney has amazing potential, that cant be doubted but hes nowhere near robertson at this point in time. His commitment to scotland ia also questionable.

Edited by vanderark14

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Tiernwy a better defender than robertson, wow. Do people genuinely believe this?

As for tierney being the most exepnaive scottish player........so was burke at one point.

Tierney has amazing potential, that cant be doubted but hes nowhere near robertson at this point in time. His commitment to scotland ia also questionable.

Exactly.

Transfers are going so insane that an average player like McBurnie is nearly our most expensive.

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's based on absolutely fuck all... That's what gets me, people just hit out with hyperbole that has no basis. 

I hope Tierney becomes the best left back in the world (because I love seeing Scots do well)... But to state as fact that he is currently a better defender than Andy Robertson when he is clearly toiling at Arsenal is fucking mental 

37 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Exactly.

Transfers are going so insane that an average player like McBurnie is nearly our most expensive.

That’s more to do with McBurnie being a striker, and we haven’t had a decent striker at a young age like that for a lot of years.

34 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

It's based on absolutely fuck all... That's what gets me, people just hit out with hyperbole that has no basis. 

I hope Tierney becomes the best left back in the world (because I love seeing Scots do well)... But to state as fact that he is currently a better defender than Andy Robertson when he is clearly toiling at Arsenal is fucking mental 

👍👍

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Yep, there's naive then there's exepnaive 😁