final - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

final

Parsno1

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm still in the same boat as you

Unfortunately I do not have time to sit on hold or keep redialling to bet told I should call back later. I have to work or I have to take whatever work comes my way because I am in for a tough time. This money will be essential to my household. If they can set up a voucher option on their site they can set up a refund option too. 

I will never use easyjet again. 

I don't think it's just easyjet. They are all at it. They are hoping to persuade the government to change the law to allow them to offer just vouchers and no refunds. As the law stands at present they have to give you a refund. They are deliberately stalling to try and keep our money. Then again if they go bust there will be no refunds. 

Edited by Orraloon

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

For anyone who booked with lastminute.com...

It was a bugger to find a number for them, but I got through on 03333 362504 

Did you manage to get a refund?I will give it a phone tomorrow.What info did you need to give them?Was it the booking reference and your email?

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Did you manage to get a refund?I will give it a phone tomorrow.What info did you need to give them?Was it the booking reference and your email?

Yes, the 10-digit booking number.

I got through after just a few rings. Firstly, I had a wee moan (only a wee one) about neither them nor Norwegian contacting me. Obviously the flight was cancelled and everyone knows that, but she explained that Norwegian had not actually informed them of the cancellation; not 'officially' so to speak.

She said they would apply to Norwegian for a refund and I in turn would get my refund.

At this point she referred to a lastminute.com voucher; valid for 12 months on ANY flights.

Now - rightly or wrongly - I didn't question or protest about that.

Firstly, I thought it is better than what Norwegian are offering the passengers who booked directly with them (from what I have seen, they are offering passengers a voucher, but it has to be used by June, which isn't much used to anyone).

Secondly, I thought let's get the money off of Norwegian first and once that's achieved, I can tell Last Minute what I want.

Having had no correspondence from them so far, I requested an email from them and 10 minutes later I received this......... We want to inform you that the refund request has been sent to the airline and as soon as we will receive their confirmation email, you will have a voucher refund with the amount of GBP 106.84 to be used on our website for the next 12 months.

The voucher is for more than you paid. It's 120% or 130% or something like that and it lasts for 12 months, so that's not too bad,

11 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Firstly, I thought it is better than what Norwegian are offering the passengers who booked directly with them (from what I have seen, they are offering passengers a voucher, but it has to be used by June, which isn't much used to anyone).

Booked directly with Norwegian and they offered the ammount of the fare plus 20%  of the value to be used on any of their routes within twelve months.

12 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I got through after just a few rings. Firstly, I had a wee moan (only a wee one) about neither them nor Norwegian contacting me. Obviously the flight was cancelled and everyone knows that, but she explained that Norwegian had not actually informed them of the cancellation; not 'officially' so to speak.

She said they would apply to Norwegian for a refund and I in turn would get my refund.

At this point she referred to a lastminute.com voucher; valid for 12 months on ANY flights.

Secondly, I thought let's get the money off of Norwegian first and once that's achieved, I can tell Last Minute what I want.

Having had no correspondence from them so far, I requested an email from them and 10 minutes later I received this......... We want to inform you that the refund request has been sent to the airline and as soon as we will receive their confirmation email, you will have a voucher refund with the amount of GBP 106.84 to be used on our website for the next 12 months.

The voucher is for more than you paid. It's 120% or 130% or something like that and it lasts for 12 months, so that's not too bad,

Thanks for the phone number.Much appreiated.Phoned this morni

12 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Thanks for the phone number.Much appreciated.Phoned this morning,and got through in a couple of minutes.The woman at the other end said they would get in touch with norwegian airlines and refund me in two weeks.She never mentioned a voucher. I would rather get a refund,but the way things are going,i would accept a voucher.Hopefully,we will still need the flight again within the next year.So.will just need to wait and see what happens.I've also got flights with easy jet,but their voucher only lasts six months,which is not any good.

2 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

Booked directly with Norwegian and they offered the ammount of the fare plus 20%  of the value to be used on any of their routes within twelve months.

Twelve months? Fair play. 

Maybe they've changed it......... or maybe I misread it. 

Called easyjet every hour today, same message each time - Call back because its too busy.

8am till 5pm its the same message everyday.

Id rather have the option to queue, at least i could leave the phone to one side on speaker till i get an answer. 

38 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Called easyjet every hour today, same message each time - Call back because its too busy.

8am till 5pm its the same message everyday.

Id rather have the option to queue, at least i could leave the phone to one side on speaker till i get an answer. 

Got a generic email today apologising about the flights being cancelled and how did I rate their service. I chose the lowest option. You then get the chance to explain why you rate them so low so I will be giving them a Tidy rant 😡

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Got a generic email today apologising about the flights being cancelled and how did I rate their service. I chose the lowest option. You then get the chance to explain why you rate them so low so I will be giving them a Tidy rant 😡

Just filled in that survey myself.Let the bastards know how i felt about the way they are treating people.Don't suppose it will make one bit of difference,but it was good to get it off my chest.Just wondering what will happen if it continues the same and you can't get through to them to initiate the refund.Is that it or what,hard luck.Could it be possible to make a chargback claim with my credit card company.It's only £60 or so,but it has become a bit of a battle of wills now.and to let those sods win wouldn't sit well with me.

Did anyone else book with Transvia.? They are also trying to insist on a voucher, closed their service centre and were communicating through WhatsApp, that is until you point out eu regulations regarding refunds and suddenly they stop replying. 🙄

Now I see they've altered their policy to give a refund but only if you don't use the voucher in the next 12 months. It's only 50 euro but I'd rather it in my pocket and not wait a year for it. 

Booked the return leg with Air Serbia and refund was in bank within 7 days no problem..

18 hours ago, thesaint said:

Just filled in that survey myself.Let the bastards know how i felt about the way they are treating people.Don't suppose it will make one bit of difference,but it was good to get it off my chest.Just wondering what will happen if it continues the same and you can't get through to them to initiate the refund.Is that it or what,hard luck.Could it be possible to make a chargback claim with my credit card company.It's only £60 or so,but it has become a bit of a battle of wills now.and to let those sods win wouldn't sit well with me.

Yes a chargeback could be possible, thats what i will do if i get no joy. But you need confirmation from Easyjet that they are not providing a refund before you can do that.  If they offer you credit vouchers that may be deemed as acceptable compensation and a chargeback may not be possible. Tbh if they offered me vouchers to use perhaps within 2 years i may just take it to save the aggro. But i was not being forced into booking flights I may not actually use nor want in the future, just to get something from them prior to my date of travel. 

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes a chargeback could be possible, thats what i will do if i get no joy. But you need confirmation from Easyjet that they are not providing a refund before you can do that.  If they offer you credit vouchers that may be deemed as acceptable compensation and a chargeback may not be possible. Tbh if they offered me vouchers to use perhaps within 2 years i may just take it to save the aggro. But i was not being forced into booking flights I may not actually use nor want in the future, just to get something from them prior to my date of travel. 

Noticed that easy jet have increased the time limit on the vouchers from 6months to 1 year.I suppose the play off final will be played within a year.

13 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I got my refund from Easyjet. 

Still waiting for the money to arrive from Ryanair, even though I got email confirmation from them to say I would get it. 

How did you manage to get through?Was it by phone or email?

Got this email from the CEO of Easyjet. It wasnt in direct response to my complaint, think it was just as I was on theIr mailing list as someone whose flights had been cancelled. I imagine everyone will get this email and the choice of refund. 

895FA08A-1D2B-4E3A-80FE-3948B06C6A67.thumb.png.91547fc4149f564481c7430adc9b8e64.png

• 3 weeks later...

I received an email today from Easyjet re my complaint. They have offered me alternative flights, vouchers to be used within 12 months, or a refund. Refund option looks straightforward so will go for that as have no idea if I will be using vouchers in the next 12 months.,

I would expect anyone who contacted them to hear fairly soon if they havent already done so. I completed  the ‘contact us’  form about a month ago. 

On 4/25/2020 at 1:33 PM, TDYER63 said:

I received an email today from Easyjet re my complaint. They have offered me alternative flights, vouchers to be used within 12 months, or a refund. Refund option looks straightforward so will go for that as have no idea if I will be using vouchers in the next 12 months.,

I would expect anyone who contacted them to hear fairly soon if they havent already done so. I completed  the ‘contact us’  form about a month ago. 

I received an email telling me i could have a voucher, choose a new flight or a refund. Ig i wanted a refund i had to email them. Email address is below. You have to quote the booking reference in the subject line

flightrefund@easyJet.com

36 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I received an email telling me i could have a voucher, choose a new flight or a refund. Ig i wanted a refund i had to email them. Email address is below. You have to quote the booking reference in the subject line

flightrefund@easyJet.com

Mine was a bit more straightforward. I got this email and when I clicked on the link on the refund option it was simply a form asking for the booking reference, my name and email address. Then i just hit ‘submit ‘ and that was it. 

A0328A35-5801-4E18-9A3B-6BF10CCC28F8.thumb.png.d70f87081ddd123303e3ab3b24bb6612.png

Full refund from Norwegian for flights to both Norway and Serbia, in the form of payment made when booking. I added in the notes when making the claims that I did not wish to receive cashpoints due to the short expiry date and limited direct destinations from Scotland.

We all like to have a moan (myself included) when things don't go as we think they should. I would just like to give a wee shout about some excellent customer service. We had a holiday booked with Jet2. Got a full refund back to my credit card within 4 days of asking for it. Fantastic customer service. Didn't expect to see anything for weeks if not months. Well done Jet2.

21 hours ago, Orraloon said:

We all like to have a moan (myself included) when things don't go as we think they should. I would just like to give a wee shout about some excellent customer service. We had a holiday booked with Jet2. Got a full refund back to my credit card within 4 days of asking for it. Fantastic customer service. Didn't expect to see anything for weeks if not months. Well done Jet2.

Trainline were really good too. They emailed, offered a refund and then sent refund within two weeks. No need to chase via email or call

Easyjet have been very difficult but I finally had an email confirming my refund has been submitted yesterday, not in the account yet but its been confirmed

On 4/29/2020 at 8:02 AM, wee_ando said:

Full refund from Norwegian for flights to both Norway and Serbia, in the form of payment made when booking. I added in the notes when making the claims that I did not wish to receive cashpoints due to the short expiry date and limited direct destinations from Scotland.

How long did this take mate?

I got an email from them saying they were dealing with my request but that was well over a month ago

10 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

How long did this take mate?

I got an email from them saying they were dealing with my request but that was well over a month ago

19th of March I cancelled and put the claim in. I wouldn't chase them up yet as they are apparently working in chronological order, you may get bumped to back of the (long) queue.