final - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

final

Parsno1

48 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

You think I still have a case for asking for a refund despite rebooking for November? I only done that on the understanding that the flight was going ahead.

Definitely. They are bloody well at it and I said so in the form I completed. Totally unprofessional and misleading passengers into having no option but to rebook a flight rather than get a refund. 

On 3/25/2020 at 3:29 PM, dan cake said:

Just had my klm flight cancelled only being offered a voucher, will have good dig through the t and c’s  before accepting it

I had a flight cancelled by KLM while i was in the airport waiting for a connection in Feb,long story short after being directed to their claim site and being offered a voucher ( they say your claim will be resolved quicker if you take a voucher) I continued and through the website to get a refund.Got a couple of e-mails asking for bank details etc I thought this was all a delay tactic as I'd heard (tinternet) that claims could take up to 2 years.....anyhooo sent off the info requested and last week the money arrived in my account... including the cost of a hotel in amsterdam and taxis and my burger king whopper ...so keep going through the website for the refund option

On 3/26/2020 at 4:47 PM, TDYER63 said:

Definitely. They are bloody well at it and I said so in the form I completed. Totally unprofessional and misleading passengers into having no option but to rebook a flight rather than get a refund. 

Easy Jet are a f..king nightmare.Both flights to London and back have been cancelled.Waiting on phone to customer services for an hour this morning before being cut off.Another fifty minutes this afternoon.Still nothing.All that,and having to listen to some truly shameful music while waitng.Where the hell do you go now?Nobody answering the phone,and the only option on the manage my booking on their site is to rebook flights.Anybody else got anywhere with these b...ards?

45 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Easy Jet are a f..king nightmare.Both flights to London and back have been cancelled.Waiting on phone to customer services for an hour this morning before being cut off.Another fifty minutes this afternoon.Still nothing.All that,and having to listen to some truly shameful music while waitng.Where the hell do you go now?Nobody answering the phone,and the only option on the manage my booking on their site is to rebook flights.Anybody else got anywhere with these b...ards?

It is a disgrace. I was on hold for  2 1/2 hours yesterday, i had the phone on loudpeaker and just carried it about the house whilst i was tidying up.  Eventually gave up. Tried again today, my phone ran out if charge after 1 hour and cut off.  I am not trying again.

I appreciate they are absolutely overwhelmed with calls but if the website couldnt cope  with refunds all they had to do was provide an online form for you to complete. 
No-one is expecting an instant refund,  just confirmation that it is coming would be enough. The bassas are hoping you give up. Funny you should mention the music i said the exact same thing to someone else, it would drive any sane person over the edge. 

As i mentioned on my other post , I just completed the standard on line contact form , complaining about the process and said I would take legal advice if a refund wasn't given. I was supposed to fly tomorrow, there is no way i will get through to them before then. 
I just wanted to send them something in writing  showing that i have been trying to contact them before my date of travel, else they will suggest I didnt bother. I also took photos of the refund offer in ‘manage my booking’ and that they were telling you to contact the customer service centre. 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Funny you should mention the music i said the exact same thing to someone else, it would drive any sane person over the edge. 

Ach, you should be awrite then. ;)

Why do you need to get a refund before the date of travel? I don't understand that bit.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Ach, you should be awrite then. ;)

Why do you need to get a refund before the date of travel? I don't understand that bit.

😂 well,  funny you should say that.  I also said  ‘ its just as well I am a bampot and dont give up that easily’ .
I did give up though, it sucked every last piece of life from me. 

I think you just need to have applied for the refund before your date of travel.
If , for example, you just choose to take alternative  flights , you need to rebook the flights no later than 2 hours before your original date of travel, so I think you need to apply for a refund before then also.

I might be wrong right enough , though wouldn't  be like me ...😬

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 well,  funny you should say that.  I also said  ‘ its just as well I am a bampot and dont give up that easily’ .
I did give up though, it sucked every last piece of life from me. 

I think you just need to have applied for the refund before your date of travel.
If , for example, you just choose to take alternative  flights , you need to rebook the flights no later than 2 hours before your original date of travel, so I think you need to apply for a refund before then also.

I might be wrong right enough , though wouldn't  be like me ...😬

Total thieving arseholes.Seems like a total stitch up.You have to apply for your refund before your flight,but what a surprise,they make sure there is no way to get in touch with them to register for your refund.Absolute shits.

It’s worse than that!! We had 5 flights in total booked with them! The first 3 were easily cancellable with a simple online refund option! One click and all the money back within 5 days!! They also since that time have started to send emails about free rebooking etc as that’s what they wanted you to do! In most cases even on the day they were sending these emails if you had tried to book on to that same flight it was saying it was unavailable as it had already been removed from their schedule (cancelled). Even at that point if you took the rebooking option they were charging you any difference in fare!!!! They have also taken a decision to  remove the refund option which was there 10 days ago! It is a bit dodgy  what they are doing! On a positive note if you now have a cancelled flight rebooking looks like you are now in a stronger position and can change it for free! So eg if you paid £14.99 for a flight from Glasgow to Stansted it looked to me yesterday when I tried it, before I got mine cancelled, that you could eg change that flight to say a £129.99 flight at Christmas time to say Tenerife at no charge!! So there is potentially a way to gain a bit if you can’t get through to cancel! They are trying to minimise their cash loss and give the company a greater chance of survival! 

If yould booked with the airline directly yes! Not sure if you’ve booked it 3rd party! Unfortunately the whole things fecked up! I’d email the 3rd party and ask for money back as flight is cancelled! If not go to credit card company! 

18 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Less than 48 hours until my scheduled departure and I still haven't received an email from Last Minute or Norwegian.

Is it best to sit tight and wait for them to do the cancelling?

I was on the same flight.Norwegian airlines said i should get refund from lastminute.com,but guess what,no option available to click for a refundJust getting passed from one company to another.Disgrace.

20 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Less than 48 hours until my scheduled departure and I still haven't received an email from Last Minute or Norwegian.

Is it best to sit tight and wait for them to do the cancelling?

Was due to fly to Oslo with Nowegian yesterday also returning with them.

Really surprised you have had no communications as I have had a host of emails from them regarding refunds and rescheduling. One about ten days ago said I had to respond within 24 hours which I didn't.

Have you checked your spam?

Then thought I had missed the boat as I had forgotten but was able to cancel last week ahead of the outgoing flight.

Had the option of applying for a refund or banking the cost of the flights plus a 20% increase to be used within 12 months.

I chose the latter as we could still be going there - or nearby - within that period.

Think I did the right thing going by the hassle folks are having over refunds.

2 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

I suspect anyone who waits until after their departure date to claim will be making a mistake as this will likely be viewed by airlines in the same light as folks who fail to turn up at the airport. ie - no entitlement to a refund

Not sure how they could view it like that.

I'm not cancelling the flight; they are.

They should be notifying me.

I'm also still waiting on Easyjet contacting me. The cancelled both my EDI-LTN flights and have not contacted me. 

I do not want any other flights...just a refund. 

Can't get through on the phone at all. 

However, if I wait it out they will have to refund me eventually, as they did not provide what I paid for.... 

12 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Not sure how they could view it like that.

I'm not cancelling the flight; they are.

They should be notifying me.

Agree with you 100%.They cancelled.It's up to them to initate the refund.I have flights booked with easy jet,ryan air and last minute.com.Impossible to get in touch with any of them,by phone or email.I know it's a horendous situation,and not too worried when i get the refund,as long as i get it.Just think it's not too much to expect an e.mail saying they will refund in due course. 

12 hours ago, macwomble said:

Refund back on card! Been lucky in comparison to others!! 

How did you manage it.I'm dealing with three different companies,and not one of them is contactible by phone or email.Exactly how did you contact them?Any help would be gratefully received .Thanks.

9 hours ago, thesaint said:

How did you manage it.I'm dealing with three different companies,and not one of them is contactible by phone or email.Exactly how did you contact them?Any help would be gratefully received .Thanks.

Phoned them! Just got lucky!!

Anybody else manage to contact any of these flight companies yet?They don't even let you wait on the phone now.They just tell you to call back later,then cut you off.Got a real horrible feeling that these sods are going to basically get away with stealing our money.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Anybody else manage to contact any of these flight companies yet?They don't even let you wait on the phone now.They just tell you to call back later,then cut you off.Got a real horrible feeling that these sods are going to basically get away with stealing our money.

I'm still in the same boat as you

Unfortunately I do not have time to sit on hold or keep redialling to bet told I should call back later. I have to work or I have to take whatever work comes my way because I am in for a tough time. This money will be essential to my household. If they can set up a voucher option on their site they can set up a refund option too. 

I will never use easyjet again.