final - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

final

Parsno1

34 minutes ago, Norris Cole said:

Hopefully they can put a decent break in between the semi and the final now, even if they both happen next year.  There's an international weekend in March and one in May, that would be too easy.

I don’t think that they could hold the playoff finals as late as May.

Also, I’d assume that current international dates will no longer be set in stone, as the calendar is completely up in the air at the moment.

3 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

They're refunding me for the flight from London to Oslo on the 30th

I got email from Ryanair about it this morning saying I could reschedule or refund.

However, when I try to refund, I just get noweher on website. The button does bugger all.

42 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I got email from Ryanair about it this morning saying I could reschedule or refund.

However, when I try to refund, I just get noweher on website. The button does bugger all.

Same problem as me. I've since tried on desktop and there's a form to fill out, however when I put in my reservation number it tells me that it's wrong. I'm guessing they're having a large volume to work through and it's causing system issues so will hold off for now.

4 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Same problem as me. I've since tried on desktop and there's a form to fill out, however when I put in my reservation number it tells me that it's wrong. I'm guessing they're having a large volume to work through and it's causing system issues so will hold off for now.

Actually, I just tried again, and I am also now getting the form but also getting the Reservation Number problem.

I know they are busy and are probably having big issues behind the scenes, however I can't shrug that feeling that Ryanair are just trying to make refunds as difficult as possible...

15 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I know they are busy and are probably having big issues behind the scenes, however I can't shrug that feeling that Ryanair are just trying to make refunds as difficult as possible...

You’d be forgiven for thinking so...

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Same shit happening with me.Saying the reservation  number is wrong.If i was cynical.i would say they are hoping people get fed up with the hassle and forget it.RYAN AIR wouldn't do that.....WOULD THEY?duh.If anybody manages to get a refund,please post it on the message board.cheers.

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Summer football and Euro June playoffs sound really good, TBH - although surely it's 50/50 if not even less of that happening at all.

Don't hold your breath for the play  offs happening in June.Certainly won't be booking for anything in June.Once bitten twice shy.

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Don't hold your breath for the play  offs happening in June.Certainly won't be booking for anything in June.Once bitten twice shy.

I agree, I think its very unlikely it'll be happening as well. They'll probably have to hold another meeting in a month's time to jiggle around the Nations League fixtures or move the Playoffs to a year from now - might even end up playing final game of the NL in Tel Aviv then meet them again in March !

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

Same shit happening with me.Saying the reservation  number is wrong.If i was cynical.i would say they are hoping people get fed up with the hassle and forget it.RYAN AIR wouldn't do that.....WOULD THEY?duh.If anybody manages to get a refund,please post it on the message board.cheers.

Still not working...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6115505/trouble-getting-the-ryanair-get-refund-button-to-work/p3

Edited by Brummie Hibs

43 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Starting to be unlikely there will be football in the rest of 2020 sadly. 

Not sure, as the Chinese Superleague is due to start on 18 April. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8117613/Coronavirus-China-Chinese-FA-set-restart-Chinese-Super-League-April-18.html

I think playoffs in June are pie-in-the-sky, but I wouldn't rule out a return to football early Autumn. 

39 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Not sure, as the Chinese Superleague is due to start on 18 April. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8117613/Coronavirus-China-Chinese-FA-set-restart-Chinese-Super-League-April-18.html

I think playoffs in June are pie-in-the-sky, but I wouldn't rule out a return to football early Autumn. 

There was an English coach on H&J on talkSPORT this afternoon who said the foreign players are starting to return to football and basketball teams in China. So that really is hopeful news and the way they are dealing with the virus too.

I think June is a tad optimistic, but late summer *fingers crossed* could well be the end of the 20-21 season and then the playoffs in November or something.

Let's just see.

Oslo hotel cancelled my reservation today......... They cancelled it. Not me.

One less thing to remember to cancel.

QUESTION: there's a lot of talk about airlines cancelling flights, but what about flights not being cancelled?

Both Norway and Serbia are allegedly closed to anyone other than citizens, residents or diplomats, but planes are still landing in both countries.

So, they would fly you there......... and then immigration would tell you to sod off???

Or will you likely have your ticket cancelled nearer the time on the basis the airline already know you're not a Norwegian/Serb and they know both countries aren't open to foreign tourist's (?)

12 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Oslo hotel cancelled my reservation today......... They cancelled it. Not me.

One less thing to remember to cancel.

QUESTION: there's a lot of talk about airlines cancelling flights, but what about flights not being cancelled?

Both Norway and Serbia are allegedly closed to anyone other than citizens, residents or diplomats, but planes are still landing in both countries.

So, they would fly you there......... and then immigration would tell you to sod off???

Or will you likely have your ticket cancelled nearer the time on the basis the airline already know you're not a Norwegian/Serb and they know both countries aren't open to foreign tourist's (?)

Wizzair haven't cancelled my return flight to Serbia  yet and this is from the Guardian this morning. 

Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine
Ban on entry to UK travellers. UK travellers are advised to consider leaving these countries as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, dan cake said:

AirSerbia have just cancelled my flight from Amsterdam, no refund option as its the government that's stopping people entering the country. Well played, no doubt my other airlines will go down the same "route" 

Are they allowing you to reschedule at least?

39 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I would agree. I expect to get a similar response from Norwegian air too. Problem is I just paid by debit card instead

Chargeback scheme may cover you.

I am the expert on all ‘ travel that goes tits up’.

If you paid direct to the airline, and not a 3rd party like I did with Thomas Cook, chargeback scheme should cover you. You just need written confirmation  from the airline they are not refunding you or offering an alternative. Then call your bank and say you want to apply for chargeback scheme. They will take the details and deal with it. 

15 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Chargeback scheme may cover you.

I am the expert on all ‘ travel that goes tits up’.

If you paid direct to the airline, and not a 3rd party like I did with Thomas Cook, chargeback scheme should cover you. You just need written confirmation  from the airline they are not refunding you or offering an alternative. Then call your bank and say you want to apply for chargeback scheme. They will take the details and deal with it. 

Never heard of that (which is probably a good thing) but will look into it. Thanks for the tip

Wizzair flight to Belgrade now been cancelled. Excellent customer service. They have given me the choice of changing to another flight for up to 60 days after the original departure date, a full refund, or 120% of the flight back in wizzair credits to use up to 2 years after the original departure date.

I am tempted to go with that final option just to give them the business again and help their cash flow but I am a bit concerned the impact all this is having on airlines . They might not be here in a years time .